Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looting System!

MsAlecia
09.16.2012 , 05:38 AM | #1
Things really need to change on how you loot..I am pretty much fed up with trying to gear up and people just needing on stuff when they can't even wear or use the item, and when you ask why did you "need" they say for my companion! To me that is just unfair.

Bw do something and change it plz.

yoohoohoo
09.16.2012 , 09:20 AM | #2
I agree completely. IMO they should auto assign any loot of blue quality or above to a class that needs it then roll for it if there are two or more. E.g. If a Bounty Hunter chest comes up and there's a juggernaut and a Hunter then the Hunter should get it and not the Jugg who needed cuz it gave him more armor. If there were two Hunters then roll between them after a choice of need or greed
Lord Vivicar: Soon the combined strength of your masters will make me the most powerful force adept who has ever lived.
Consular: If you love the force so much, prepare to become one with it.

grallmate
09.16.2012 , 03:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by yoohoohoo View Post
I agree completely. IMO they should auto assign any loot of blue quality or above to a class that needs it then roll for it if there are two or more. E.g. If a Bounty Hunter chest comes up and there's a juggernaut and a Hunter then the Hunter should get it and not the Jugg who needed cuz it gave him more armor. If there were two Hunters then roll between them after a choice of need or greed
How would that work if my Sage healer needs the Power/Surge Enhancement that only comes from Smuggler boots? Compounded by the fact that those boots will ONLY drop if there is a Smuggler in the party. What about my Guardian tank who also wants that Smuggler gear for my Healer companion?

Now I don't "Need" only any loot for mods or companion without asking my group first. But auto-assigning by class does not fix the problem. If you read the 1.4 notes, these things will be tradeable for 2 hours. This will help seperate the loot ninjas from the accidental "Need"ers. On the other hand, this could lead to everyone "Need"ing and just trading it afterwards if questioned. Particularly bad when you start getting 3 friends and 1 random.

DarthBLR
09.16.2012 , 04:26 PM | #4
Master Looter. Problem Solved.
As the Sith Lord Darth Revan did, before becoming a puppet of the Jedi: I will conquer the Galaxy, destroy the Republic and the Jedi, and discover the greatest and most ancient powers this galaxy has to offer!

grallmate
09.16.2012 , 04:33 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBLR View Post
Master Looter. Problem Solved.
On the previso that I, or someone I trust, is the ML: agreed. If I go into a PUG and someone suggests ML I get real suspicious real quick. If I'm helping a guild out with an Ops run I work on the assumption that its ML and that I will be lower priority than a guild member but higher priority than companions or "for mods". I still ask if I can /roll on drops but I don't expect it.

MsAlecia
09.17.2012 , 03:32 AM | #6
I don't know what the answer is..Master looter would not work..Not in pugs anyway..And i can't see the tradeable thing working either..As people ain't gonna trade on something they needed on no matter what the reason is.
Badly design it seems that people have to need on stuff for mods and companion stuff.

Sambril
09.17.2012 , 03:38 AM | #7
I have to agree that auto-assign would be a really bad idea, you could never get off-class items that way. I would prefer that the Need button be disabled unless your advanced class matches that of the item. The Greed button would operate as normal. So if the consulars in the group don't need the item you can still get light armor for Kira by greed for example.

This is how I treat such rolls anyway, Need if that character can use the item and it would improve their stats in some way, otherwise I Greed. Between winning such rolls, spending the tokens I get from the daily and weekly missions, occassional GTN purchase and even a few hand-me-downs I have geared up 4 level 50s and have several companions in full or near full Columi or better.
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor"

yoohoohoo
09.17.2012 , 04:02 AM | #8
[QUOTE=Sambril;5166655
This is how I treat such rolls anyway, Need if that character can use the item and it would improve their stats in some way, otherwise I Greed. [/QUOTE]

I also do this but the idea of auto assigning loot is to stop people needlessly pressing the need button for their companions or just cuz they want to sell it. I agree with the idea of disabling the need button if it's not for your class though. Hope Bioware is actually reading these threads
Lord Vivicar: Soon the combined strength of your masters will make me the most powerful force adept who has ever lived.
Consular: If you love the force so much, prepare to become one with it.

haliy
09.17.2012 , 04:27 AM | #9
If they ask first before needing, its one thing. If they need before asking when I know they cant use it, i will ask what they are needing for. I have in the past had this happen a couple times and said something in regards to others needing items to upgrade their characters within the group and more often then not, they apologize which is fine. Then I have had others when I say the same thing and they start arguing. Times like those, its /kick + /ignore.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

carbaim
05.10.2014 , 06:07 PM | #10
well we got 2 looting option. Why not add a third one? "comms run" so peeps get cooms instead of gear. there is only one big problem about set bonuses which can be sold from vendors for very high amount of comms.