Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crash Update. AT&T ISP Problem. Confirmed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Crash Update. AT&T ISP Problem. Confirmed.

Crystal_Star
09.15.2012 , 02:35 PM | #1
Seems like it's a AT&T problem.. I turned on my mobile hotspot and tried running it on that. I have Verizon and the game works fine. My apologies to the Forum Rep. That person knows exactly whats going on =D
Collector's Edition VIP

Czarinna
09.15.2012 , 02:38 PM | #2
Ack AT&T is having the problem? Ugh, that's my ISP too. Meh, sorry for doubting you Bioware

Shatterheart
09.15.2012 , 02:39 PM | #3
Eh either it's a bunch of companies or Bioware. Cause I am on Earthlink...and I cannot get anything to work right now either.

Zeepez
09.15.2012 , 02:50 PM | #4
Hmm...very weird. So does that mean we should wait it out? Or since it is an ISP problem we need to contact our ISP for the problem to be fixed? I am on AT&T U-Verse as well and I've experienced the same problems as seemingly everyone else on the forums. But I can log into other servers (such as the high population test server) just fine. It is just the Harbringer where I experience the log in issues.

Crystal_Star
09.15.2012 , 02:56 PM | #5
Unfortunately Earthlink is a small time ISP. They do not have their own wires or own their own telephone poles. So what Earthlink does is they buy space on AT&T's network and hense thats why you are down as well. The problem is with the AT&T backbone
Collector's Edition VIP

spond
09.15.2012 , 03:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeepez View Post
Hmm...very weird. So does that mean we should wait it out? Or since it is an ISP problem we need to contact our ISP for the problem to be fixed? I am on AT&T U-Verse as well and I've experienced the same problems as seemingly everyone else on the forums. But I can log into other servers (such as the high population test server) just fine. It is just the Harbringer where I experience the log in issues.
That's what's baffling me. How is it AT&T when you can log into other servers. My only guess is that particular server's AT&T link is borked. So, is it AT&T or the server connection on bioware's end. Still may be a Bioware issue that needs to be fixed.

Crystal_Star
09.15.2012 , 03:03 PM | #7
Other servers have different IP addresses. Now without having to go into how the internet works. Different IP addresses have their traffic routed through different paths on the network backbone. Unfortunately, the harbinger and some other servers who use that particular path are getting blocked at some point along the way.
Collector's Edition VIP

Zeepez
09.15.2012 , 03:06 PM | #8
What a headache haha. I am speaking with AT&T customer support right now. Will relay any information I get.

Crystal_Star
09.15.2012 , 03:08 PM | #9
AT&T reps are not gonna know a thing about this unless they totally understand internet backbones and packet routing. Best advice is if you have a alternate source of internet that does not rely on AT&T (comacst, verizon mobile hotspot) then your just going to be unable to play. But EA's servers are running 100% from what i'm seeing. Verizon mobile hotspot working. AT&T = dead in the water.
Collector's Edition VIP

Zeepez
09.15.2012 , 03:10 PM | #10
yea they were no help what so ever. So it looks like if we do not have the option to use another source of internet that we are going to have to wait it out?