Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher freezes while updating

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Launcher freezes while updating
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rezelius
09.15.2012 , 05:35 AM | #1
Hello, I'm hoping I can get a hint as to how to solve the issue I'm currently having.

After I login to the patcher and it starts its update process, it will go through a couple smaller patches and then get stuck at "Installing Game client 56 (99%)" and sit there forever. At this point I can't do anything to it, not try and repair, exit the installer, etc.

Any suggestions?

Tirvaak
09.15.2012 , 06:15 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Rezelius,

Could you please post a copy of your latest launcher log in this thread?

Please post the Log within code tags or spoiler tags. You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:
  • For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
    or
  • For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_20120719.txt”.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Rezelius
09.15.2012 , 06:18 AM | #3
Here is the latest launcher log:

Spoiler

Tirvaak
09.15.2012 , 06:30 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Rezelius,

Thanks for providing this information.

I would like you to run a CHKDSK and Memtest86, running Memtest86 a minimum of six times. This is to check for hardware issues that might be affecting your patching process.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Rezelius
09.15.2012 , 07:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi Rezelius,

Thanks for providing this information.

I would like you to run a CHKDSK and Memtest86, running Memtest86 a minimum of six times. This is to check for hardware issues that might be affecting your patching process.

Let me know how you get on with this.
I've run the CHKDSK as well as the Memtest86 as you requested and all the tests are reporting back that there are no errors.
I know the patching process isn't necessarily the same for every game, but I currently have no issues patching anything else I have loaded on my PC at the moment.

I have included a dxdiag to see if that helps.

Spoiler

Tirvaak
09.15.2012 , 07:11 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Rezelius,

As I mentioned in my last post, you will need to run memtest86 at least 6 times in order to verify that there are no issues with your RAM. As you have 16GB of RAM, it would not be possible for this process to have completed 6 times in this short length of time.

I have to ask you to please follow the instructions I have given in my last post in order to be certain there are no issues.

Thanks.

Roalmo
09.15.2012 , 07:58 AM | #7
With 16 gig of ram the best check, and fastest, is to pull out 12 gig and try download, if it fails then try 4 gig different ram etc.

Rezelius
09.15.2012 , 03:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
With 16 gig of ram the best check, and fastest, is to pull out 12 gig and try download, if it fails then try 4 gig different ram etc.
Hey thanks for the quicker suggestion Roalmo. I had to run around today so I've just let it run.
It's finished 5 complete passes and working on finishing 6.

I had also tried reinstalling the patcher to no avail.

Anything else to try as these tests are turning up zero errors with my system.

Roalmo
09.15.2012 , 03:23 PM | #9
You got a 2nd computer that you can try to download on? Even a garbage laptop can sometimes download when a monster machine can't. then transfer the files. or a buddy with the game and updated files could help with copies.

Rezelius
09.15.2012 , 04:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
You got a 2nd computer that you can try to download on? Even a garbage laptop can sometimes download when a monster machine can't. then transfer the files. or a buddy with the game and updated files could help with copies.

Thanks again Roalmo. I'll see if I can grab the files off a friend.
Still bothersome that my machine won't download it for whatever reason. It works with everything else I play. lol