Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Merc Jetpack Ability!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
New Merc Jetpack Ability!

Leylea
10.10.2012 , 05:46 AM | #41
When i first read ur title, i thought "yeah, thats exactly what i was thinking so often ... moooooore jetpack plz".

The first option to implement such a new skill, i think nearly everyone would agree, would give too much opertunities to exploit game mechanics and a lot of "unfair" advantages in pvp.
But the second one is a really good idea and should seriously be considered as the missing escaping tool for the merc. OFC i do not want any skill that makes me OP and gives other classes the impression of being useless or robbed by their "unique" ability. But mercs badly do need a kind of mobility skill.
So dont give me a charge. Dont give me a sprint or a grabble. Just give me a "small" jetpack jump a few meters. Let me not be able to "jump" through the firepits, over a wall or a gap in voidstar and let me die INSTANTLY if i'm too stupid and jump against the wall behind me

But plz give me something helpful to feel more mobile and not junkfood for every melee class (pvp) or like a slow sandbag while covering distances over 15m during bossfights (pve).

And last but not least give me one cool stylish looking skill ... give a a Jetpack because i'm Jango Fett !!!!

DkSharktooth
10.23.2012 , 11:16 PM | #42
+1 and the comical video should be renamed to factual video.
Voted 5 Stars also.

DkSharktooth
10.23.2012 , 11:35 PM | #43
Developers Backpedal in PVP (Jedi Knight vs Bounty Hunter):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4cL...ure=plpp_video
Examples: 2:22, 2:54 and countless others in the video

This is a DEVELOPER Showcased pvp video. I cannot believe my eyes. This is why balance in pvp sucks, none of them know how to mmo pvp, and their testers are probably not telling them this information.

Warlord_Maliken
10.24.2012 , 12:11 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
Developers Backpedal in PVP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4cL...ure=plpp_video
Examples: 2:22, 2:54 and countless others in the video

This is a DEVELOPER Showcased pvp video. I cannot believe my eyes. This is why balance in pvp sucks, none of them know how to mmo pvp, and their testers are probably not telling them this information.
LOL!!! That is some serious backpeddling too, its not even mild hahaha.
My favorite line though is when developer Hall Hood - Senior Writer says at 2:13 "Hmm, a Bounty Hunter player and a Jedi Knight player in a fight..... Thats ganna be a tough one.." Referring to the Sentinel vs the Mercenary. hahahah. he appears to be hiding an evil smirk.

DkSharktooth
10.24.2012 , 06:37 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Warlord_Maliken View Post
LOL!!! That is some serious backpeddling too, its not even mild hahaha.
My favorite line though is when developer Hall Hood - Senior Writer says at 2:13 "Hmm, a Bounty Hunter player and a Jedi Knight player in a fight..... Thats ganna be a tough one.." hahahah. he appears to be hiding an evil smirk.
And you question me if they read forums or not, I told you they don't. If they did, that wouldn't even be a question. The video was in oct 2011, but still, the knights have enough tools and interrupts to win. If this is seriously a demo of how we should be playing, then they nerfed backpedaling mercs for being to op (lol) and thought that it was significant to change an animation of tracer and fusion as a top priority for the class.

Rassuro
10.24.2012 , 06:49 AM | #46
This is an interesting thread about how to make the Merc better and more fun to play, let's not ruin it by derailing the thread into focusing on that old video with poor acting where they tried to show some of the abilities which the different classes were going to get.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

DkSharktooth
10.24.2012 , 10:26 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Rassuro View Post
This is an interesting thread about how to make the Merc better and more fun to play, let's not ruin it by derailing the thread into focusing on that old video with poor acting where they tried to show some of the abilities which the different classes were going to get.
Kool, we can do that.

My 2 cents:

Make concussion missile instant cast, in addition to the changes requested in this thread.

HellCrusader
10.24.2012 , 01:32 PM | #48
RE: Escape abilities in addition to the escape itself. How about talents in trees- Dps could get an aoe spray&pray type thing hitting their previous location, healers a kolto bomb or something hitting the nearest freindly.
NemÓel Lvl 51 Sage, Aquillonn lvl 55 Guardian, Rach'ael lvl 55 Gunslinger, Beskar'verd lvl 55 Powertech. The V'orn Legacy -The Red Eclipse

LilTsar
10.24.2012 , 07:24 PM | #49
perhaps a blind on flamethrower, if only to have an excuse to use it.
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

Nassik
10.24.2012 , 10:10 PM | #50
I'm all for the disengage ability. Make it an instant-cast so that we can fire off another ability as we rocket backwards.
Electro-dart for a stun if it's up (giving us a true chance to escape), unload for damage, or even rapid shots if you need a little cooling. Put the disengage on a timer so that we can't spam it.

I like the idea of the disengage taking us straight backwards. In the heat of PVP you've got to have situational awareness or you slam into the wall behind you and still get slaughtered. I'd recommend having the distance propelled being a few meters further than Force leap. That way a jedi has to at least take a few steps before they jump to you again.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian