Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When is the Kira Carsen Quest Line going to be fixed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
When is the Kira Carsen Quest Line going to be fixed?

Ahato
12.19.2011 , 01:23 PM | #1
The title says it all, will it be fixed by launch, because if its not that is a major issue and a whole story line and romance is gone.
Member of the Thirteenth Legion - Pia Fidelis! Vercingetorix Ariovistus - Miraluka Sentinel
"The Force works in mysterious ways, it seems. There are times I'm not convinced it doesn't have a sense of humor." ―Kavar to the Jedi Exile

TRYW
12.19.2011 , 01:27 PM | #2
Maybe you should further describe what bug you're talking about. I'm playing a Jedi Knight, just started "Chapter 2", and have no idea what you're talking about. Is it that you are unable to continue the quest line? If that is the case, then it should be known that many of the quests of that sort are plotted to be concurrent with your position/chapter in the class storyline.

Hope this helps in some manner.
Road - "Hate and Subscribe!"
Jedi Covenant (PVE East)

Host of TOROCast

Takim
12.19.2011 , 01:43 PM | #3
Same for me. Been through Ch. 1 and I haven't seen any issues. I have Kira at ~5k affection, had numerous conversations with her on ship and have spent some quality time with her as well .

Tallaan
12.19.2011 , 01:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Takim View Post
Same for me. Been through Ch. 1 and I haven't seen any issues. I have Kira at ~5k affection, had numerous conversations with her on ship and have spent some quality time with her as well .
I've finished the whole storyline, have over 7k affection and have had only a couple conversations and nothing else. So, something is wrong

HanoverFist
12.19.2011 , 01:55 PM | #5
Incoming DEV quote.

Quote: Originally Posted by MattPucevich View Post
Hello all!

I can confirm that there is indeed an issue here.

The TL;DR version is this:
Until we can get the fix up, don't flirt with Kira during The Defector quest! (she will stop giving affection conversations)

The underlying issue has already been fixed internally, and should be showing up on our known issues list in a moment. It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue, but don't panic -- you should be able to hit the ground running with Kira as if nothing had ever been wrong (affection accumulated between now and then should not be harmed). Free to continue using Kira if you don't mind cashing in on your investment at a later date, or perhaps you might get to better know your cheeky T-7 droid!

Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick!

Ahato
12.19.2011 , 01:58 PM | #6
Okay here's the deal. (*SPOILER*) If you choose the DS flirt with her near the end of Ch.1 the romance storyline bugs out, now that should not be what happens you should be allowed to continue with the Romancing and smoochy smoochy and all that, however, when this occurs you are never given the option to truly speak to her again about your relationship, so thats the bug.

I just want it fixed for all of us, honestly a flirt shouldn't have DS implications to begin with even if it is against the Jedi Code, it didn't in the Original Kotor's I don't see why it does now.

So please just fix the bug that doesn't allow for us to continue the relationship with Kira if we chose the DS Flirt. It's ruining the story for many of us who already have passed Ch.1 and don't want to waste the time to go back and re-roll another Jedi Knight.
Member of the Thirteenth Legion - Pia Fidelis! Vercingetorix Ariovistus - Miraluka Sentinel
"The Force works in mysterious ways, it seems. There are times I'm not convinced it doesn't have a sense of humor." ―Kavar to the Jedi Exile

Ahato
12.19.2011 , 01:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HanoverFist View Post
Incoming DEV quote.
God you just made my day sir!!

Deividoff
12.19.2011 , 02:24 PM | #8
Just checking, but I've only had 1 mission conversation with her as of yet, the one you get when you've obtained your spaceship. After that I haven't had a single mission from her (other than the defector one) and I'm doing the Tatooine quests now, with 4600 affection, is this the same for everyone else?

Simply put, are there affection mission for Kira prior to the defector mission?

HanoverFist
12.19.2011 , 02:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Deividoff View Post
Just checking, but I've only had 1 mission conversation with her as of yet, the one you get when you've obtained your spaceship. After that I haven't had a single mission from her (other than the defector one) and I'm doing the Tatooine quests now, with 4600 affection, is this the same for everyone else?

Simply put, are there affection mission for Kira prior to the defector mission?
I haven't experienced any .