Willpower over Power?

JediMasterSarynn

There is another thread Xinika posted with her gear I believe. It was in that one that she stated that you shouldn't work to copy her gear exactly, but instead work to hit the same stats she has.

Basically it's up to you what augs/mods you use in order to reach the stats you need.

If I remember correctly I think the targets were: 1000+ Pow, 1600+ Will, 75% Surge, 30% Crit, 97%-100% Acc.

I have 2 sets of gear, one with +39 power mods / +41 power enhancements - and then another with the +12 power mods / +22 power enhancements (which have higher willpower / endurance).

I use the first set for civil war/novare coast to intercept the eastern node because it has alot of damage output which allows me to quickly kill whoever is going to capture that objective. This set has the PvE force mystic set bonus so I can constantly be pounding them. It's about 19k hp buffed, 1180 power, 1850 willpower.

The second set I use for huttball and defending in voidstar. The higher hitpoints and willpower let me stand up longer, and I have the survivor armorings for interrupting healers in voidstar with kicks, and kicking people down in huttball whenever I have the ball or someone else does. The 5% gaurd bonus also makes it useful for these maps because it gives me incentive to constantly gaurd the ball carriers and the people around me in voidstar. It's around 22k hp, 2k willpower, 850 power.

Even though the power drops down alot in the second set set, with the higher willpower and 5% bonus, the damage difference is not as large and one would expect. It is there however, and I don't think I would have used this as my first set of war hero, but definitely something every shadow should work on after itemizing their first set.

I was looking at this thread and specifically Shinarika's gear on Mr. Robot. He/she is fully augmented in Willpower. I am fully augmented with Power currently. Should I switch? Here's my profile on Mr. Robot.

1 Willpower gives you 0.2 Damage + 0.03 crit

1 Power gives you 0.23 Damage

If you are eager to get +1.5-2% crit ratio by sacrificing 3-4 points of overall Damage - you should stack Willpower

• 2 weeks later...

I am a Jedi Shadow tank. I am posting about augments, I have all survivor gear. My crit is around 50%.

I hate to bring this topic up again, but I wanted to make sure the information I have learned would still hold true with the 1.4 updates coming out, also, I wanted to double check everything since I blew tons of time and money on power augs, which I might to change...well that's why I'm asking.

I was told a couple times, in game, that power is better and I could see why in my stats. After double checking it made sense. But I just saw a pict online that shows willpower gives healing too (bonus healing stat)! But than I checked in game and I don't see in my stat info where willpower gives healing like in the pictures I saw online. In addition after using Mr. Robot to build my character it seems willpower is much better for crit chance of both force and melee damage.

Another reason I'm asking is because I have heard Mr. Robot isn't 100% accurate.

Can someone verify before I go waste more time and money?

Will things stay the same?

Am I on the mark with Willpower?

Edited by NoaFlux

But I just saw a pict online that shows willpower gives healing too (bonus healing stat)!

i won't get into the rest of your post, but why are you worried about bonus healing as a shadow?

every single self heal we have is a flat percentage of our max health.

i won't get into the rest of your post, but why are you worried about bonus healing as a shadow?

every single self heal we have is a flat percentage of our max health.

Doesn't it effect the healing from Tele Throw? I see Assasins get more healing from Force Lightening than I ever could in a WZ. I figured they were DPS and have more power augs (well I once thought this game more crit) which is giving them a more healing. This seems to be their single most important ability, and I figured healing was 1/2 the reason.

Anyway....healing>tele throw> one of most used abilities.

Edited by NoaFlux

Doesn't it effect the healing from Tele Throw? I see Assasins get more healing from Force Lightening than I ever could in a WZ. I figured they were DPS and have more power augs (well I once thought this game more crit) which is giving them a more healing. This seems to be their single most important ability, and I figured healing was 1/2 the reason.

Anyway....healing>tele throw> one of most used abilities.

As the other poster said our self heal is proportionate to our max health. In my PvE tanking gear I can self heal for 550 per tick with very little power. I have close to 27k max health. In PvP my heal is about 310 per tick and my max health is around 19.5k. I have tons of power though as I'm fully power augmented.

Doesn't it effect the healing from Tele Throw?

Try reading Harnessed Shadows. It specifically says "2% of maximum health". Combat Technique also provides completely static healing (which you'd realize with some *very* cursory testing by just checking the tooltip on Combat Technique in PvP and PvE gear; you'll have massively disparate bonus damage but the healing from CT will be *identical*).

I am a Jedi Shadow tank. I am posting about augments, I have all survivor gear. My crit is around 50%.

Huh?

Shadow Tank with 50% crit......i am going to assume he meant surge

PS...scratch that anyone with 50% crit is rather hm....crazy and unattainable since D/R start about 30%, or so i thought

Huh?

PS...scratch that anyone with 50% crit is rather hm....crazy and unattainable since D/R start about 30%, or so i thought

To be more specific yes my Crit Multiplier is 58%. But it doesn't matter if your a Survivor Shadow you might as well cancel your subscription. It's not worth it in any way at all.

To be more specific yes my Crit Multiplier is 58%. But it doesn't matter if your a Survivor Shadow you might as well cancel your subscription. It's not worth it in any way at all.

If you're using a survivor set your job is not to kill anyone, the only people you can kill are the ones caught alone with no healer. Your job is to protect YOUR healers+valuable dps and disrupt enemy objectives.

Gear for damage if you want to damage. As for the effectiveness of shadow tanks vs other tanks in a tank role in pvp that's another conversation, but they aren't useless.

Edited by Mordeguy

Huh?

Assuming that, there is multiple way to get Crit Chance, 50% crit is not impossible :

- 30% Hard Cap from Willpower

- 30% Hard Cap from Strength (Melee Only)

- 30% Hard Cap from Crit Rating

- 1% Bonus from Pet Loyalty

- 5% Bonus from Smuggler/Agent Buff

- + Some other buff from Talents

=> 96% + Talents is the real Hard Cap for Crit Chance.

Missandei and I play together and swap a lot of info about shadows. We have two well geared shadows and we have chosen two different paths. I went for full power augments as my crit is sufficiently high. For pvp, my kinetic shadow has 30 % crit 77% surge and over 1200 pure power (adding more soon). I also chose to keep 96% accuracy on my melee weapon as my double strike seems to hit quite hard. .Suffice it to say i crit a lot with my shadow and do not depend on force potency. I am also experimenting now with survivor armourings in my dps gear and having that spinning kick and 5 % extra damage when you guard someone is unbelievably useful.

In any case, in my view, good results can be achieved via different ways. I have seen amazing shadows augmented with willpower and hiting 970 bonus damage on their force but with 20 % buffed crit. I would vote for power as I prefer power on my shadow due to my acceptable crit.

Edited by Leafy_Bug