Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merge/Transfers to Dalborra (Oceanic Servers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Merge/Transfers to Dalborra (Oceanic Servers)

Evgen
10.11.2012 , 07:06 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by pmurie View Post
merge is a bad ideal, what if the population drops again? cross server is the only fix, at least u can do low level FPs, so hard to get a group going these days, i find most hte time i log on if it's not peak, u can't do anything!

i hope f2p brings more people back otherwise i'm going to quit!

btw, WOW gained 3 million subscribers by cross server instances/raids/battlegrounds, *hint* *hint* Bioware!
If the server pop drops it's bad either way.
I don' think you can back up that number about cross server grouping bringing in 3 mill.
I think merging is better, because then when you meet someone you like playing with you can, you know, play with them again!
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Psyclic
10.11.2012 , 08:50 PM | #192
+1 for server transfers.
34 people on fleet at 1300 ACDT on a Friday. Wednesday night at 2100 ACDT there was ~60. Logged onto a super server adn there were 3 instances of fleet with 200+ on each. Please either consolidate APAC servers or move us!
<Reverence> Dalborra
Psyclic | Saerah | Seelah | Zi'Lanna | Chartre | Vires
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

Spinikar
11.01.2012 , 11:07 PM | #193
Server Merge to super server or open up transfers!

Either way Bioware, we don't need three servers in the oceanic region. Maybe down the track but not now. You indecision will cost you the oceanic region.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

ingenuityfails
11.08.2012 , 10:51 PM | #194
So the Gav has gotten to the point where there have been forums created for the entire server to freely log into. As far as I know, no guilds are running progression on their own. The only progression raids happening are raids organised by these forums.

'nuff said. I retract my previous statements disputing the validity of a merge, because I no longer care. Be it free transfers, or a server merge, I want a way to get to a populated server that doesn't involve re-rolling or logging 10+ in-game reports every day.
Mydian - "'Light' and 'Dark' are words. Nothing more."

sabbey
11.08.2012 , 11:24 PM | #195
As a US west coast player I happen to play on both The Harbinger and Dalborra, mostly since my guild has a presence in all of the regions and the extra character slots from doing so. Though, I know at least in my guild there were a lot of people like myself who moved over to help show support for oceanic servers and their viability for the OC guild members moving over, so I would hope the servers can be merged with possibly the choice to transfer for those who wish to do so... It would be a shame to see them just shut down I think in any case.

It will be interesting to see whatever fix BioWare decides on, though hopefully if transfers are the way out of this issue, I am hoping to see free transfers and one that is not limited to a particular server or region. Best to allow those moving to decide where to go in my view. For myself, I plan on staying whether my guild is located.

darthnish
11.24.2012 , 02:05 PM | #196
gav daragon is dead even after f2p please merge or transfer us

Ailie
11.26.2012 , 06:12 PM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by ingenuityfails View Post
So the Gav has gotten to the point where there have been forums created for the entire server to freely log into. As far as I know, no guilds are running progression on their own. The only progression raids happening are raids organised by these forums.
Ahh, that isn't the case at all, Visz run solo, CoR pretty much have the capacity to run solo but have opened their teams to help others, and I'm fairly sure Sun Guard and Praxium are pretty self reliant. What happens on the server forum that has been created is not the be all and end all of the server, it is merely an effort to help everyone on the server achieve their goals for the game. Those who invest time and effort into this seem quite content.

As for the server pop, F2P hasn't had an impact on end game. Other level zones has seen a large influx of players and several returning. Are the APAC servers as healthy as the US? No, they have improved but possibly not quite enough.

In an added note, continued negativity will do nothing to solve anyone's problems. If anything, it will only added to and make existing problems worse. Whilst I understand this situation is frustrating I ask everyone who still gives a damn to remain as positive and constructive as possible. Coming here and saying you simply don't give a **** will do nothing but encourage BW/EA to not give a ****.
Meh...

Brillat
12.23.2012 , 09:22 PM | #198
Merge servers NOW.

Or at the very least implement cross-server queuing for the Oceanic servers. Heck, it would be a good live test before / if they ever implement cross-server queueing more broadly.

At the moment, neither Dalb nor Gav has enough population to keep 50s PvP popping (and faction balance on Dalborra is awful which contributes to the problem *cough MVP cough*) ... with a new pool of players we might see more WZ pops and more evolving competition.

Xoralis
01.26.2013 , 05:32 PM | #199
Since early start i was on Swiftsure. Free transfers i "LUCKILY" moved only ONE toon to Master Dar'nala and left the rest on Swiftsure.

Free moved from Swiftsure to Bastion. Dar'Nala = EMPTY i mean always Empty....

Bastion = busy but laggy.

Cancelled my sub since i can't transfer to at least an Oceanic PVE server since Oceanic PVP is dead as dead and world PVP in TOR is close to non-existent. Spent on cartel coins and happy with my toons on Bastion but not re-rolling on an Oceanic, spending more money on cartel etc. I have better things to do with my time than re-level classes i already enjoy. Happy to pay for any transfers, don't care as long as the end result is to enjoy the game which at present i enjoy about 50% of the time compared to the previous 100% on release.

Clearly this isn't a concern for BW, nor do they care about the community, they only care about the $$ rather than understand that happy community = more $$. Good to see the post in 2012 for transfers to be released in summer (aussie winter) which never happened. Consolidation of servers was Step 1 now waiting for Step 2 transfers.

Maybe in 2020 we will see some sort of actual ACTION towards meeting industry norms of paid transfers, character re-names, legacy re-names, faction change, race change and more.

TrueNovaZero
01.27.2013 , 06:40 PM | #200
It's funny looking at the date I first posted this. And the response from our lovely development team is still fresh off the top of my head. I'd just like to take a moment and thank those who stuck around with us.