Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merge/Transfers to Dalborra (Oceanic Servers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Merge/Transfers to Dalborra (Oceanic Servers)

TrueNovaZero
10.02.2012 , 12:37 AM | #181
Funny how Cheez attempted to consolidate those threads. But honestly, I think it's a little more effective to keep them all active. They've already said that they're talking about it... but beyond that, it's already the next month and decision time is about to happen whether most of us are going to keep subscribed or patiently wait another month. The former sounds like the better option these days... and it's been long enough since this issue was seriously presented. If they want to keep up with the player base, they're going to have to announce more than just the fact that they're talking about it. One of the guild leaders on Gav Daragon's even pitched the idea of having their entire guild just bombard CS with tickets. Doubtful it would work.

In the mean time, one of the long time players here has told me they intended to downgrade their account the moment their sub runs out and go to GW2. It's even more disheartening to know that they're not the only ones thinking of doing it. Worse off -- we're an RP server and quite a few of our RPers are preferring to just leave here and go GW2 (which apparently, is more RP-friendly).

darthnish
10.02.2012 , 09:30 AM | #182
da *** is this doing o nthe third page, this cannot stand

Jarlgon
10.02.2012 , 12:32 PM | #183
it'll probably take them months to tell everyone that they've already decided the outcome by now.

Kemra
10.04.2012 , 10:09 PM | #184
Its really disheartening that they haven't given us any update since the message that they're looking into it, there is a brightside though guys, at least we're pulling together as a community to organise things. Bit worried about how much longer we can do it though.. heard a lot of the organisers and regular players saying how tired they've been lately both mentally and physically. Knocked back an ops invite myself last night because I was feeling more than a little drained, and as you guys know by now I never turn down an ops, especially one to help gear up others.

Guild leaders have been fantastic to, overcoming differences to get stuff done like the creation of chat channels for multi guild communication, our multi guild effort to run TFB as soon as it was released, our servers 2nd downing of the Nightmare Pilgrim on Sunday with some of our servers best players from varying guilds.

Just mentioning all this in the hope a Dev will actually read it and take note that we're doing our best to keep people playing and happy but we can't do it forever, and a message updating us that steps are being taken would boost morale and encourage us to keep trying. Plus maybe help keep the people here who think maybe GW2 or WoW is a solution that would involve less effort.

More than a bit worried about the day when the most stubborn players of Gav decide we're not getting our rewards for the amount of effort we put in and just leave since we honestly can't replace them, and a lack of newer players means there will be noone to rise up and eventually fill their shoes.
Yoda of Borg am I. Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, I will.

Co-GM Dark Hearts, GM Wipes on Trash, Progression team member of Ebony (current), Hard CoR (disbanded) and Suicide Squad (disbanded), no RL since 2012!

Kemra
10.06.2012 , 12:21 PM | #185
You know, after getting the news that 2 more of our most valued friends and fellow players are leaving because of population problems, after a week of hearing about GW2 being the place to be from others, and starting to see our progression groups slowly eroding to the point where it may become extinct on Gav..

Well.. had this post I prepared to once again plead with Bioware to give us an answer, but in the end i don't care anymore. I'll keep playing because I enjoy the friendships I have on Gav Daragon, but I will say this much, Bioware/EA, which pretty much describes your customer service and dedication to your subscribers, you suck and fail at both.

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

T.S. Elliot
Yoda of Borg am I. Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, I will.

Co-GM Dark Hearts, GM Wipes on Trash, Progression team member of Ebony (current), Hard CoR (disbanded) and Suicide Squad (disbanded), no RL since 2012!

SunfirePhenix
10.07.2012 , 01:48 AM | #186
My sub runs out in 6 days and if this is the way EAware treat their little APAC customers then i will sadly take my money elsewhere, even though i enjoy the game but mostly the people, the low population on our server defeats the purpose of new content! how are we suppose to get anything done with our pidly little numbers EAware? how? pvp has to be organised by both sides if we want it to pop both in 50's and ranked which makes it extra hard and long to get the new gear and in pve we shouldnt have to worry so much about making numbers instead we should have so many people keen that we can run 2 on more than 1 day og the week....

GUILD WARS 2!!!!!! just kidding, nah but really LOL nah really just kidding, or am i???
APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT
7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

Sign the petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

TrueNovaZero
10.10.2012 , 02:32 PM | #187
After reading a PM on our guild forums, I've popped on just specifically to throw this out there(I'm on holiday in Europe, dammit). The above user has actually unsubscribed along with two others. All three have refused to resubscribe until a merge happens or player numbers get a boost. Since either aren't happening, I've bid them farewell.

Out of the two progression groups we have, that denies us 2 of our most advanced players out of 9. I'm on holiday -- meaning our roster is down to 6. One more dropped out due to wanting to take a break from being frustrated with the game (he hasn't cited discontent with the player populations and has stated that he won't be doing anything major until I return). That means 5. I have yet to correspond with my Ops officer, but if they're doing things by the book, it means they're reaching out. There is probably 10 other players republic side geared enough to replace the three we're missing -- 8/9 of which are a progression team of another guild which means that helping us out, should they have he heart, means THEY will be locked out and unable to attempt the new content for their team.

What's my point here? Simple. I can't help but reiterate -- something needs to happen here. To be honest, I'm seriously considering unsubscribing as well -- the large reason why I haven't done so was to get FIVE DAYS worth of playtime before I left for my holiday. I get back just when my sub runs out -- I'll likly sub for another month then just so I can get online, reassess the situation and get a feel for how things are compared to when I left.

So please, I ask a developer or anyone from staff -- if you're reading this, please, PLEASE kick it up to whoever it has to reach. All of us love playing this game -- but there is a difference between being unable to play it and refusing to play it -- the former is our issue, the latter is a consequence.

Edit:
As for PvP (if you're interested), I don't know. Before I left, we were trying to rally imperials to get it happening more but out of the 3 of us who were pushing for it, I'm on holiday, the other hasn't been heard from in about two weeks (shortly before I left) and the last is... well, I'm sure he can come on and give a more accurate assessment. I can say though that since he hasn't reported anything it means that PvP is either worse off than before and at the best just as stagnant (just can't get deader than dead though so... take a guess?).

Thanks again for reading.

Evgen
10.10.2012 , 05:38 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by TrueNovaZero View Post
After reading a PM on our guild forums, I've popped on just specifically to throw this out there(I'm on holiday in Europe, dammit). The above user has actually unsubscribed along with two others. All three have refused to resubscribe until a merge happens or player numbers get a boost. Since either aren't happening, I've bid them farewell.

Out of the two progression groups we have, that denies us 2 of our most advanced players out of 9. I'm on holiday -- meaning our roster is down to 6. One more dropped out due to wanting to take a break from being frustrated with the game (he hasn't cited discontent with the player populations and has stated that he won't be doing anything major until I return). That means 5. I have yet to correspond with my Ops officer, but if they're doing things by the book, it means they're reaching out. There is probably 10 other players republic side geared enough to replace the three we're missing -- 8/9 of which are a progression team of another guild which means that helping us out, should they have he heart, means THEY will be locked out and unable to attempt the new content for their team.

What's my point here? Simple. I can't help but reiterate -- something needs to happen here. To be honest, I'm seriously considering unsubscribing as well -- the large reason why I haven't done so was to get FIVE DAYS worth of playtime before I left for my holiday. I get back just when my sub runs out -- I'll likly sub for another month then just so I can get online, reassess the situation and get a feel for how things are compared to when I left.

So please, I ask a developer or anyone from staff -- if you're reading this, please, PLEASE kick it up to whoever it has to reach. All of us love playing this game -- but there is a difference between being unable to play it and refusing to play it -- the former is our issue, the latter is a consequence.

Edit:
As for PvP (if you're interested), I don't know. Before I left, we were trying to rally imperials to get it happening more but out of the 3 of us who were pushing for it, I'm on holiday, the other hasn't been heard from in about two weeks (shortly before I left) and the last is... well, I'm sure he can come on and give a more accurate assessment. I can say though that since he hasn't reported anything it means that PvP is either worse off than before and at the best just as stagnant (just can't get deader than dead though so... take a guess?).

Thanks again for reading.
Well said. I have trouble not being upset at being blatantly ignored for some unknown reason, so my posts about this topic reflect that.

darthnish
10.10.2012 , 10:37 PM | #189
i am no longer playing on Gav Daragon.

pmurie
10.11.2012 , 08:56 AM | #190
merge is a bad ideal, what if the population drops again? cross server is the only fix, at least u can do low level FPs, so hard to get a group going these days, i find most hte time i log on if it's not peak, u can't do anything!

i hope f2p brings more people back otherwise i'm going to quit!

btw, WOW gained 3 million subscribers by cross server instances/raids/battlegrounds, *hint* *hint* Bioware!