Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Request to the Galactic Underworld. (OOC & Sign-ups)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying > Roleplay and Play-by-Post
Formal Request to the Galactic Underworld. (OOC & Sign-ups)

Maaruin
09.22.2012 , 05:24 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
Too late for that. Rule #5 has an update.
No.

Changing rules ex post facto is a big no-no, especially if you are not made GM by the rest of us. (Which makes you a normal player, just like everyone else.)

If you continue to play GM like this, I'm out.

(Or maybe I should suggest we vote on making someone else GM. At least one of us has IMO shown a much more agreeable leadership style.)

@Logic and Ardim: I see why this could be a problem. You know, I love creating NPCs, so I made some for the pirates (I originally also wanted to create a Barkeeper on Coruscant). I never intended them as a combat advantage (and I think Sacrmeno also didn't). But since I'm not the one using them, I can't say it.
So, Sacrmeno, how did you intend to use the crew and to what extend?
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

drfumblez
09.22.2012 , 05:31 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
No.

Too bad.

Changing rules ex post facto is a big no-no, especially if you are not made GM by the rest of us. (Which makes you a normal player, just like everyone else.)

I shouldn't have had to change the rules.

If you continue to play GM like this, I'm out.
Bye-bye.

Ardim
09.22.2012 , 05:35 PM | #113
Bye-bye.
That is incredibly harsh . You know, come to think of it, I don't exactly remember us making you leader.
Through Passion, We gain Strength!
Darth Chroan The Empire's Wrath
Vengeance for Marr and the Empire!

drfumblez
09.22.2012 , 05:41 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
That is incredibly harsh . You know, come to think of it, I don't exactly remember us making you leader.
I'm in a callous mood.

Plus, he's the one who said he was going to leave. It is proper custom to say goodbye to those who leave.

Hey, this can be solved fairly simply. Eliminate all but 4 of Tharbine's crew. Problem solved.

Maaruin
09.22.2012 , 05:48 PM | #115
I'm in a callous mood.

Plus, he's the one who said he was going to leave. It is proper custom to say goodbye to those who leave.
Well, if I remember correctly, I said I will leave if you don't change your leadership style (and come down from your high horse.)

So you just stated that you have no intention to do that, right?

Quote:
Hey, this can be solved fairly simply. Eliminate all but 4 of Tharbine's crew. Problem solved.
I'm sure the problem could be solved. You know, you could have asked for example and wait with the rule change while we sort it out together.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

drfumblez
09.22.2012 , 05:57 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Well, if I remember correctly, I said I will leave if you don't change your leadership style (and come down from your high horse.)

So you just stated that you have no intention to do that, right?

I will not back down from my statements or position.

I'm sure the problem could be solved. You know, you could have asked for example and wait with the rule change while we sort it out together.
Better to ask forgiveness than permission. And my rule change is still more than fair.

Maaruin
09.22.2012 , 06:08 PM | #117
I will not back down from my statements or position.
I hope you know that this is not about the limit of crewmembers and companions anymore. I'll discuss that with Logic, Ardim and Gelious. And Sacrmeno, of course, since they are his companions.

Quote:
Better to ask forgiveness than permission.
That's precisly one of the attitudes you should change. Because I got the impression you are using this as an excuse to decide whatever you want. Or when did you ask for forgiveness with us the last time?

Quote:
And my rule change is still more than fair.
The rule itself is probably fair, the way you changed it is not.
-Ajunta Pall

LogicLoup
09.22.2012 , 06:14 PM | #118
This is, quite frankly, ridiculous. There shouldn't need to be rules for this at all; we should be mature and decent enough people to instinctively abide by Wheaton's Law. But here we are, forced to scramble after the fact to come up with guidelines to cover situations that, by all rights, should be complete non-issues.

Maaruin, you're arguing so strenuously for this being a collective, with no vital decisions being made without full approval from all involved parties, and yet you apparently can't see how your own behaviour runs entirely counter to that idea. You try to dictate my character's allegiances and responses, you instruct Meanken to alter his post to fit your own idea of who should make contact with whom, and now you have a hand in creating a full combat team without so much as a "hey guys, how would people feel if..."? You try to justify your decisions by backpedalling and putting on pretty little attempts at justification when you're called on them, but ultimately, the fact remains that you're acting every bit the prima donna you're accusing Fumblez of being. Sack up and accept that you made a bad call.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Sacrmeno
09.22.2012 , 06:21 PM | #119
If you guys REALLY want me to get rid of them that bad I can, but I never planned for them to get off the ship anyways. Srry about this whole thing.
Tharbine Valros, Mandolore's Chosen--Darth Xodrai Valros-- Captain Carturio Valros-

drfumblez
09.22.2012 , 06:26 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Sacrmeno View Post
If you guys REALLY want me to get rid of them that bad I can, but I never planned for them to get off the ship anyways. Srry about this whole thing.
See, that should have been clarified before EVER being posted. I will not have a team of 17 running around and annihilating everything.

Besides, this has evolved past that, from what I understand. It's Maaruin not liking my decisions, since it gives fairness to the rest of us, denying him his little thoughtbombs he claims to like making.

Technically, Maaruin, you violated Sub-Rule #1. Those Pirates? Pretty Omega-y.