Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Formal Request to the Galactic Underworld. (OOC & Sign-ups)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Roleplaying > Roleplay and Play-by-Post
Formal Request to the Galactic Underworld. (OOC & Sign-ups)

drfumblez
09.22.2012 , 04:07 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
They are all NPCs, of course. But Tharbine can't be pirating alone, can he?
Please meet my friend, the Red Blade.

LogicLoup
09.22.2012 , 04:12 PM | #102
They are all NPCs, of course. But Tharbine can't be pirating alone, can he?
Sure he can. Just like everyone else is essentially in it alone until and unless they've made the effort to make contact with other player-controlled characters.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Maaruin
09.22.2012 , 04:13 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
Please meet my friend, the Red Blade.
Didn't the Red Blade have at least a Zabrak in her (former) crew?

Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
Sure he can. Just like everyone else is essentially in it alone until and unless they've made the effort to make contact with other player-controlled characters.
I'm pretty sure I know a team of smugglers who owns a droid called TR-0L and a team of four Togruta.

Companions were never treated as real characters in the last thread (even Wingrans made-up companions), so I naturally thought that it would be the same and Sacrmeno and I created Tharbine's crew.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

LogicLoup
09.22.2012 , 04:21 PM | #104
I'm pretty sure I know a team of smugglers who owns a droid called TR-0L and a team of four Togruta.
Yes, because an astromech droid whose only skills are inventory management and snarking off is exactly the same as a fully combat-effective squad of pirates. As for the togruta, I honestly have no idea what you're on about there. Please elaborate? When has there ever been the implication, let alone explicit statement, that there's anyone but Nayar, Mans, and trollbot on the Hawk?

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

drfumblez
09.22.2012 , 04:24 PM | #105
Didn't the Red Blade have at least a Zabrak in her (former) crew?

Nope. Just someone he owed credits to. No team.

Companions were never treated as real characters in the last thread (even Wingrans made-up companions), so I naturally thought that it would be the same and Sacrmeno and I created Tharbine's crew.
ONE astromech droid, whose main function is inventory management (and pissing off Nayar), and you own the other team, genius. I let that one slide.

That Pirate team has 16 members. Count that. Sixteen. Hell no, I'm not going to be quiet about this. I'm calling this horsesh*t out now. In fact, time for ANOTHER limit.

EDIT: Time to check out Rule #5 again everyone. I can't believe I had to do that. >.>

Maaruin
09.22.2012 , 04:31 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
Yes, because an astromech droid whose only skills are inventory management and snarking off is exactly the same as a fully combat-effective squad of pirates. As for the togruta, I honestly have no idea what you're on about there. Please elaborate? When has there ever been the implication, let alone explicit statement, that there's anyone but Nayar, Mans, and trollbot on the Hawk?
The Togruta are mine, they are Envoy's team.

And the astromech has acted like a character, dialoge wise. As for combat effectiveness, I assume Tharbine won't land his ship in the middle of Coruscant.

I mean, in the last RP Wingran had a fleet, Wash had a bunch of operatives and his shadows, Nox had an entire powerbase. And it never was a problem. I understood the 2-characters-rule as a rule for PC, two characters the story is about and that drive the plot.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Ardim
09.22.2012 , 04:32 PM | #107
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm with fumblez. I mean, Rapter is all ALONE. He has no help whatsoever except for (Right now, anonymous) contacts, but they don't actually help him in combat (They just point him in the right direction and that's pretty much it).
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

drfumblez
09.22.2012 , 04:37 PM | #108
The Togruta are mine, they are Envoy's team.

And the astromech has acted like a character, dialoge wise. As for combat effectiveness, I assume Tharbine won't land his ship in the middle of Coruscant.

I mean, in the last RP Wingran had a fleet, Wash had a bunch of operatives and his shadows, Nox had an entire powerbase. And it never was a problem. I understood the 2-characters-rule as a rule for PC, two characters the story is about and that drive the plot.
Kira acted like a character too. /dismiss argument

Because that FIT the RP. This is much more personal, much more intimate, much more localized than the galaxy spanning war of FA. Armies don't fit here.

Maaruin
09.22.2012 , 04:46 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm with fumblez. I mean, Rapter is all ALONE. He has no help whatsoever except for (Right now, anonymous) contacts, but they don't actually help him in combat (They just point him in the right direction and that's pretty much it).
Is the problem combat balance? Because if it is, all Republic aligned characters are unfairly supported because they are on Coruscant. Republic security is on their side.

If Tharbine wants to use his crew to full effectiveness, he has to hang out in neutral space for the entire RP and hope that the artifact will be transported through this area. If he tries to bring them to Coruscant, it will be blown into bits before they can do anything.

If I understood Sacrmeno correctly, the ship and it's crew are important for his first post. But they won't play a role in the hunt until someone starts to transport the artifact out of Republic space. (Sacrmeno, correct me if I'm wrong.)
And in this case I think the power imbalance could make things more interesting. I suppose every character will know to make precautions before entering pirate infected space.
-Ajunta Pall

drfumblez
09.22.2012 , 05:02 PM | #110
Is the problem combat balance? Because if it is, all Republic aligned characters are unfairly supported because they are on Coruscant. Republic security is on their side.

Assuming all the security forces aren't dead by the time any characters make contact.

If Tharbine wants to use his crew to full effectiveness, he has to hang out in neutral space for the entire RP and hope that the artifact will be transported through this area. If he tries to bring them to Coruscant, it will be blown into bits before they can do anything.

Too late for that. Rule #5 has an update.

If I understood Sacrmeno correctly, the ship and it's crew are important for his first post. But they won't play a role in the hunt until someone starts to transport the artifact out of Republic space. (Sacrmeno, correct me if I'm wrong.)
And in this case I think the power imbalance could make things more interesting. I suppose every character will know to make precautions before entering pirate infected space.
Some people have the f*cking Force. It's already unbalanced.

TLDR; No.