Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Companion is Best for Healers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which Companion is Best for Healers?

Chaqen
10.24.2012 , 11:27 PM | #11
I use vector on my IA when dealing with mainly strongs, and normals, and will pull out kaylio when i am going up against a name elite, or champion.

The last time i parsed vector, he was wearing rakata, and had a tioneese weapon and was doing about 750 sustained dps. I am sure a fully geared companion could break a 1K. When it comes to kaylio she sucks at holding agro, but she does take the hits a lil bit better then myself, and with a champ/ name elite it is better to spread out the damage then to have it all directed towards me.

JacksonMo
10.30.2012 , 04:37 AM | #12
I use Risha with my scoundrel. Mainly because once I began running ops, it was fairly easy to put her in dps smuggler gear. Full Rakata DPS companion > Columni tank.

Riggz
10.31.2012 , 10:51 AM | #13
rDPS

/win
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

wainot-keel
10.31.2012 , 11:56 AM | #14
Just use the companion you like to hang around with the most.
I heal with my commando and I've been exclusively using Elara since I recruited her, in dps stance, that's all. If you keep them decentely geared up, it won't matter.

Darth-Rammstein
11.08.2012 , 01:27 AM | #15
Bowdaar all the way.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

RendValor
11.08.2012 , 01:25 PM | #16
Melee DPS companions are generally much stronger and useful than their ranged colleagues
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

JacksonMo
11.08.2012 , 11:22 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
Melee DPS companions are generally much stronger and useful than their ranged colleagues
All things being equal, I would agree. But since the scoundrel's mDPS companion uses aim, and rDPS uses cunning, the advantage goes to the range, because it is easier to pass hand-me-down gear to your companion than it is to work for a complete separate set.
For this reason Risha, on my scoundrel is in full, augmented Rakata, while my other companions are stuck in mostly columni.
I could have spent black hole comms to gear up a different companion, but that would have slowed my gear progress down substantially.

Ognajd
11.17.2012 , 01:12 PM | #18
I use the tank companion.

JamieKirby
11.17.2012 , 01:43 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Just use the companion you like to hang around with the most.
I heal with my commando and I've been exclusively using Elara since I recruited her, in dps stance, that's all. If you keep them decentely geared up, it won't matter.
Technically, only healers can use any companion they enjoy most and still get the most optimal experience, sadly, tanks and dps specced characters, its use healer companion or have alot of downtime after all the fights, now if you are a male trooper or a male bounty hunter, the healer companions are quite nice (i tend to romance them), though one needs to mellow out abit, we all know who i mean.

Daxy
11.17.2012 , 04:28 PM | #20
my first toon was a sorc full corruption
i started with khem
as i got other companions i researched a bit
tried andronikus once... never again- hated healing ranged dps
never let khem out of my site again- made it a point to gear him as well as me and we cruised nice and easy to 50 in style

got to 50 and met xalek and used him exclusively as i began to "gear up" as it was much easier to give xalex the "hand-me-downs" as we use the same stats

bottom line- use what works for you but realize the companions will only do as well as their gear; however, there is something to be said for the healer and tank companion combo- and it does teach the fundamentals of healing tanks