Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which Companion is Best for Healers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which Companion is Best for Healers?

Lynnx
09.12.2012 , 09:18 PM | #1
I have Sage healer and a Scoundrel healer. I only do PVE. I don't PVP.
Both use tank companions.

My Sage uses Qyzen Fess.
My Scoundrel uses Corso Riggs.

Should I use a different companion, such as one with more dps?

Satedbuffalo
09.13.2012 , 02:05 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lynnx View Post
I have Sage healer and a Scoundrel healer. I only do PVE. I don't PVP.
Both use tank companions.

My Sage uses Qyzen Fess.
My Scoundrel uses Corso Riggs.

Should I use a different companion, such as one with more dps?
I tend to use mDPS companions for most content.
Just some jerk who isn't good enough for rated.

vojinsa
09.13.2012 , 02:57 PM | #3
not sure if you are far into their stories but for sage use

Spoiler

for scoundrel use

Spoiler

tank comps are kinda meh (cept for my kaliyo) and dps comps give you the best xp per.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

metalfenix
09.15.2012 , 10:58 PM | #4
With my sorcerer, I use khem, and for my current Operative, I use kaliyo, and they both rock. I had to change khem for Ashara though, My Sorcerer wants some "quality time" with her, and besides, it's LS lol.
Koltowolf'Raf Commando Healer / Raf'HiredHealer Mercenary Healer
Rafa-el Scoundrel Healer
Server: The Harbinger

StringCheeseWook
09.20.2012 , 07:17 AM | #5
Blizz

/thread

Pubsam
09.29.2012 , 04:30 PM | #6
I use my DPS companion, pretty much whichever I like better. On my Sage I often use Zenith since Nadia's AOE has a knockback that tends to annoy me. Also Nadia tends to annoy me overall. There was a time though when I was a new 50, starting to gear up, and Nadia started outgearing Zenith hardcore, so I used her.

The only drawback to using a DPS comp I find is when fighting elites. I always end up tanking the mob, which isn't really a problem but annoying. The tank will keep a mob off me, but even in decent gear Iresso always ends up needing heals anyway, and not significantly less than I would as heal tank.

IMO until they beef up the tank companions so that they take significantly less damage than they currently do, they're not worth using unless you have a crush on them. Not saying that's not legitimate, though, lol.
Time for a nap.

Mortreti
10.04.2012 , 12:07 AM | #7
With my scoundrel, I just don't think damage companions actually put out enough damage to justify using them in PvE. I use Riggs almost exclusively, since I can jump in and help. After using orbital strike, thermal grenades, cybertech grenades, and dotting everyone up they still stick to him, and he only needs a couple rolling heals to keep alive. Akaavi's health drops like a brick when she has more than one elite on her, and probably doesn't do half the damage I put out. I'm sure Bowdaar is just as good as Riggs, I just haven't been able to find him decent gear yet.

Anyway, I've been able to do 2 and 4 man heroics and a handful of HM bosses solo, with the exception of Colonel Daksh, who I use Risha for since I actually want to hold aggro in that fight. Maybe a damage companion would work if you really had them geared out, but I think the playstyle would be vastly different, just focusing on conserving energy for healing and rarely throwing out your own attacks.

iDraxter
10.24.2012 , 08:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by vojinsa View Post
not sure if you are far into their stories but for sage use

Spoiler

for scoundrel use

Spoiler

tank comps are kinda meh (cept for my kaliyo) and dps comps give you the best xp per.
So just pick the females? Sounds legit I do the same

Dademoor
10.24.2012 , 01:12 PM | #9
My wife plays an Imperial Agent: Operative. She primarly uses Vector while soloing. Now that he is pretty well geared up he is quite a beast. I play a Powertech tank and we duo some pretty tough content with two geared up DPS companions, me tanking, and her healing. Torian and Vector in just MK-2 gear are pretty pimp.

Melee DPS companions seem to be the prefered choice for most healers I have seen.
Likely Outcomes of Owning a REAL Lightsaber
1% Save the galaxy 2% Sell it to the highest bidder
7% Become a ruthless murderer
90% Immediate. Accidental Self-Dismemberment

chuixupu
10.24.2012 , 01:28 PM | #10
I use Blizz on my merc healer, Bowdaar on my Scoundrel healer, and either Kaliyo or Temple on my Operative healer, depending on what I'm doing. Seems it's highly up to personal preference.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant