Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The login server is currently unavailable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
The login server is currently unavailable
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sanchees
09.13.2012 , 05:31 AM | #41
This issue appeared after the last update. I wasn't able to log in on Tuesday, so i didn't download new assets and laucnher, probly it's connected somehow. Now I'm not able to download it cause i can't login, it's a dead end. Also as I said before, the launcher doesn't start sometimes, only appears as a process in the task manager. And if it does, when trying to exit, it freezes. Maybe this information will be helpful.

Beesodd
09.13.2012 , 05:32 AM | #42 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for that. I saw your one yesterday, but I wanted to check if anything has changed. Sorry for not wording that more clearly.

It still seems to be pinging the server ok, so there's a few things that we can check for that aren't connection related. Can you please navigate to the game folder and run the fixlauncher.exe that can be found there. If this does not work, please download a fresh copy of the stup file from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing install.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Sanchees
09.13.2012 , 12:20 PM | #43
Tried both. Sadly, the problem still persists.

Cerimon
09.13.2012 , 12:43 PM | #44 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Sanchees,

Please ensure your date and timezone settings are set correctly as having these set incorrectly can cause this error message. If the issue is still present please use the following link to reset your password. You should then be able to login without a problem.

https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Warktar
09.13.2012 , 05:52 PM | #45
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Beruthien
09.13.2012 , 07:09 PM | #46 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Warktar,

Your traceroute and pathping indicate a connection issue starting from your router.

Could you please restart all your network devices (computer, router etc.) and then try to connect again?

Please come back to us if the issue remains after this.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Warktar
09.13.2012 , 07:26 PM | #47
I've restarted everything but I don't understand why it was working yesterday, you did an update today and then it's my router that got the problem!!

Beruthien
09.13.2012 , 08:52 PM | #48 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Warktar,

I am sorry to hear that the issue remains unresolved. Please try the troubleshooting steps below and attempt to log in after every step as anyone of these could resolve the issue.
  • Ensure that your computers and accounts date, time and time zone are set correctly.
  • Try flushing the DNS cache.(When doing this make sure you run the cmd as administrator.)
  • If you see a patch folder in the game installation folder when the launcher is closed please delete it.
  • Remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe.
  • Run FixLauncer.
  • Download the launcher installation file from www.swtor.com/download and run it over the current installation.
If these steps do not resolve the issue please come back to us.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Warktar
09.13.2012 , 09:34 PM | #49
Still not working...how can my router be the problem if i can go on the internet but can't play your game? I'd really like to know because if it can be the problem i'll call my internet provider tomorrow. But why was it working before the patch and not now?

Jarlgon
09.13.2012 , 09:37 PM | #50
It cannot be your router. You had to be online to post on this thread.