Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2 lightsabers


turnoverla-page's Avatar


turnoverla-page
09.12.2012 , 10:09 AM | #1
i found in star wars knights 2 lightsabers where better than one same in swtor and in the films whenever they where offered an extra lightsaber they would take it , what makes me wonder why didn't they just have 2 lightsabers in the first place.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.12.2012 , 11:05 AM | #2
Wielding two lightsabers takes precision and control. It isn't easy to wield two lightsabers. It takes a long time to become proficient in the use of two lightsabers.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Liquidacid's Avatar


Liquidacid
09.12.2012 , 11:12 AM | #3
also you have a weaker grip using two... while lightsabers can cut through most things they still require physical force to be able to and a 2 hand grip offers more and makes it harder to have the weapon knocked out of your hand
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.12.2012 , 11:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
also you have a weaker grip using two... while lightsabers can cut through most things they still require physical force to be able to and a 2 hand grip offers more and makes it harder to have the weapon knocked out of your hand
Like that scene in Ep. 1. Qui-Gon plunged his lightsaber into the blast door. You couldn't just turn it on and use one finger to push the lightsaber through. It actually requires physical force to do so.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Liquidacid's Avatar


Liquidacid
09.12.2012 , 11:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Like that scene in Ep. 1. Qui-Gon plunged his lightsaber into the blast door. You couldn't just turn it on and use one finger to push the lightsaber through. It actually requires physical force to do so.
yes then he had to use 2 hands and lean into it to try and cut the bastdoors and it still was cutting very slowly ... honestly a light saber isn't much more than a fancy plasma torch

also there is the fact that Jedi are supposed to be peacekeepers (at least that's what they keep saying) and not soldiers... so it's kinda like asking why a cop carries a pistol or club instead of an assault rifle when an assault rifle is better... the tool is supposed to match the job
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.12.2012 , 12:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
yes then he had to use 2 hands and lean into it to try and cut the bastdoors and it still was cutting very slowly ... honestly a light saber isn't much more than a fancy plasma torch

also there is the fact that Jedi are supposed to be peacekeepers (at least that's what they keep saying) and not soldiers... so it's kinda like asking why a cop carries a pistol or club instead of an assault rifle when an assault rifle is better... the tool is supposed to match the job
I consider the lightsaber as more of an intimidation. The bad guys see you got one and they would most likely back off. Except for the very brave or foolish thugs.

It's also a multipurpose tool. Or some sort of swiss army knife.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BrandonSM's Avatar


BrandonSM
09.12.2012 , 03:15 PM | #7
Wielding two Lightsabers doesnt make you better.

Thats like saying, Ventress is better than Yoda...
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Liquidacid's Avatar


Liquidacid
09.12.2012 , 03:58 PM | #8
well it's obvious that every jedi should just carry two double bladed lightsabers... if 2 blades are better than one than 4 blades are even more better... just look at how well they did for General Grievous
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

ALMAINYNY's Avatar


ALMAINYNY
09.12.2012 , 04:03 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
well it's obvious that every jedi should just carry two double bladed lightsabers... if 2 blades are better than one than 4 blades are even more better... just look at how well they did for General Grievous
I can't remember where I found it, but I think there was a Clone Wars episode that featured a four-armed Jedi of some sort that used dual double-bladed lightsabers.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force

Projawa's Avatar


Projawa
09.12.2012 , 04:16 PM | #10
2 sabers do indeed look cool and intimidating but I'd go one step further. How about a special double-bladed lightsaber as standard issue? Except this saber is better than the one Darth Maul had because it can be separated mid-pommel into 2 separate sabers.

So the wielder has the option of turning on one blade, both blades, or using two sabers.

Sure most wielders don't and may never master all 3 styles but the options are there for a very cool multitool