Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency Issues

Senatsu
12.19.2011 , 02:08 PM | #21
I was in the Stress Test Beta and the Beta weekend after that. In both occasions, even a few days into Early Access, everything was fine. Was having 30-40 MS, my system peaking at 100 FPS and I was having a blast.
Now my PC feels like an alzheimer's patient on speed in a disco club. Jumps all over the place and lags so much it sometimes my character doesn't even perform the ability I click.

My system:

Intel Core i5 CPU 650@3.20 GHz
8 GB RAM
GeForce GTS 250
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate

I sent in my DxDiag and a report on the situation and I got this answer back

Quote:
Greetings Senatsu,

I am Protocol Droid B6-H7 of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding your lag and FPS issues.

Checking your attachement, it seems your computer's set up should allow normal gameplay with few lag issues if ever.
I have escalated your concern to the proper department that could investigate on the matter and execute the appropriate action.

We thank you for your time in informing us of this issue.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.
Since even a BW support tech thinks my system should be more than up to par, it can't possibly be my fault. I have noticed though, that whenever I close down SWTOR and open it again, I get between 5 and 30 seconds of 120 FPS and 30 MS and after that it goes to ****creek again.

nattylife
12.19.2011 , 02:43 PM | #22
lul, its bad. goes from 67 ping to 30k plus and then back down... like every 20 seconds or so... even DCs a lot now. pretty much unplayable

Jonch
12.19.2011 , 02:46 PM | #23
It's awful, i can't even play, i got dc'd and just say **** it

Rehneu
12.19.2011 , 02:50 PM | #24
Just to update: I just got DC'ed yet again after watching the latency jump to over 30k. Ran speedtest and everything there seems fine.

My question now would be rather this is a server side issue (thinking it is) or if it is indeed something that Comcast is doing as well. (since others are thinking it maybe) Would love to see an official posting on this. At least point us in the right direction.

nattylife
12.19.2011 , 02:55 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rehneu View Post
Just to update: I just got DC'ed yet again after watching the latency jump to over 30k. Ran speedtest and everything there seems fine.

My question now would be rather this is a server side issue (thinking it is) or if it is indeed something that Comcast is doing as well. (since others are thinking it maybe) Would love to see an official posting on this. At least point us in the right direction.
when i was having issues, i asked around on the server if others were having the same prob. about 10 people responded with 0 issues. so maybe it is comcast and their pipe to the swtor servers?

artilleryshell
12.19.2011 , 02:57 PM | #26
the main post pretty mcuh sums it up, i've had a few discos but nothing like this. last 30 minuets approx 400k latency to disconnection.

Comcast, East TN
Yes, its a dress, now shut up, sit down, and watch me tank this boss. - artilleryshell
You know we don't have eyes, so what's behind the veil?
A beard. - Atasama

MrLeee
12.19.2011 , 02:58 PM | #27
It seems all Comcast customers are having an issue with SW:TOR at this time!

Refer to this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=53399
Prefers blasters over hokey religions and ancient weapons.

RenegadeDuck
12.19.2011 , 03:00 PM | #28
Well, looks like it's a pretty big problem for lots of people, hopefully Bio will get on this quick. I had perfect lat until about late yesterday, and since then I've been DC 6 times and hit so many lag spikes that I can't quest any more. until this is fixed I can't play the game. Fingers crossed that this gets a speedy fix, for all of our sakes.
Edit: I also have comcast, wondering if it's a common thing...
╠╬╣╠╬╣╠╬╣۞╬╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Rehneu
12.19.2011 , 03:08 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MrLeee View Post

Appreciate that link.

Just to share from those pages as it seems that it is a Comcast thing. Look here as it appears that Comcast is working on the issue and it is cross country.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ceasaigh View Post
Apparently Comcast is aware of a problem affecting routing all over the country.

http://208.74.204.149/t5/Connectivit...g/td-p/1138795

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r266...ting-problems-

^^ This has a "Will update shortly" post from a Comcast employee in it.

nattylife
12.19.2011 , 03:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MrLeee View Post

yay, answers!