Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency Issues

Rehneu
12.19.2011 , 01:00 PM | #1
Through out all of my beta testing (4 months of it) and up until just about 30 minutes ago, I have average 64 ms Latency with no noticeable server lag at all. All of a sudden, 30 minutes ago, that latency jumped to well over 20k and I was DC'ed. Since then, this has been very unstable. I just watched it jump to 11k and has not dropped below 157.

This is making it near unplayable due to the extreme lag. I do not know if this is planet related or not but I am currently on Alderaan. I did see that some others in general chat (the few of us there as it is) are also seeing the same issues.

Not sure if this is being seen on BW's side or if they are even aware of it. Hopefully it gets smoothed back out though.

Thanks.

Hypernetic
12.19.2011 , 01:01 PM | #2
I am having the exact same problem.

Out of curiosity, do you have comcast?

None of my guild mates are experiencing the lag and my connection to other things is fine, so it may be some sort of routing issue.

Lumocolor
12.19.2011 , 01:03 PM | #3
I saw this happen in beta, it usually means the servers need a restart which they should be getting before the 20th anyway.

Revulsion
12.19.2011 , 01:04 PM | #4
comcast south florida ping jumps to 1240ms and is most of the time 150ms+

Helm of Graush

Taburz
12.19.2011 , 01:06 PM | #5
Same issue. Comcast Denver. Always 150+ with spikes above 1000.

Rehneu
12.19.2011 , 01:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
I am having the exact same problem.

Out of curiosity, do you have comcast?

None of my guild mates are experiencing the lag and my connection to other things is fine, so it may be some sort of routing issue.
I do indeed have comcast. I have yet to test those speeds but get 31 mbps download. (just to give a reference point of the speeds I get)

Emmortal
12.19.2011 , 01:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Revulsion View Post
comcast south florida ping jumps to 1240ms and is most of the time 150ms+

Helm of Graush
same here

Rehneu
12.19.2011 , 01:38 PM | #8
I am in the Nashville area and have never seen latency like this before. With any game or anything I do for that matter.

nattylife
12.19.2011 , 01:40 PM | #9
having same issue with saber of exar kun server, east coast. have comcast. did speedtest.net and it was getting fine numbers (12M download).

edit, also im in south florida

OldCuban
12.19.2011 , 01:49 PM | #10
Same exact problem here.

Started a couple of hours ago.

I also use Comcast as my IP.

If you speed test your service it doesn't register any issues, so it wouldn't surprise me if Comcast is purposely reducing bandwidth.

Hopefully we can get an official response some time soon.