Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game won't open

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVitrial
09.11.2012 , 06:29 PM | #1
After I downloaded the most recent patch, when I try to launch, it says it cannot generate temporary workspace files and asks if I have at least 2 GB of disk space left (I have 310 GB available) and the game does not open.

Error code C6.

I also downloaded the PTS, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

DXDIAG:

Spoiler

Event log report:

Spoiler

Game log:

Spoiler

EDIT: Had the launcher repair SWTOR, it's repairing 12 files so far. I'll post if it works after this.

EDIT 2: TRYING to repair. It's still on file 1 of 12....

DarthVitrial
09.11.2012 , 07:20 PM | #2
I repaired it, but it STILL won't work.

Ratae
09.11.2012 , 07:20 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello DarthVitrial,

We are aware of this issue occurring for some people based on a diskcache issue, as such deleting this cache may fix the issue you are experiencing. You should be able to find the cache if you navigate to the following (If installed in the default location):
Windows 32 Bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
Windows 64 Bit:C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
In this directory if there is a file called "DiskCacheArena" then please delete it and attempt to re-run your client.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank You.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DarthVitrial
09.11.2012 , 07:24 PM | #4
OK, I did that. SWTOR now opens and promptly freezes with the following error:
"Game Node Spec Cache": Unable to open NodeSpecCache for writing.

EDIT: Tried repair again. It's repairing the SAME TWELVE FILES again. Apparently, there's a problem with them. Would you like me to post my launcher logs?

Ratae
09.11.2012 , 07:38 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello DarthVitrial,

Did you get the NodeSpec Cache error after deleting the DiskCacheArena file?

Please delete the following files from "%userprofile%/AppData/local/SWTOR/swtor" if they exist.
  • DiskCacheStatic
  • DiskCacheStream
If this does not get you back into the game, please login to your launcher and run the repair function through the menu accessible via the cog button on the bottom left of the launcher.

If that doesn’t work, try to run the FixLauncher.exe, this will not affect any game client files you have already downloaded. To do so, double click on the FixLauncher.exe file located by default in:
  • For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
  • For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

DarthVitrial
09.11.2012 , 07:57 PM | #6
Finally worked. Thanks!

Ratae
09.11.2012 , 08:01 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello DarthVitrial,

Many thanks for your feedback.

If there’s ever anything else you need help with, just let us know and we’ll do our best to provide a solution.

In the meantime, hope you continue to enjoying playing the game.