Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

does 1.4 have Terror From Beyond in group finder ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
does 1.4 have Terror From Beyond in group finder ?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eszi
09.13.2012 , 02:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about when players can expect to see Terror from Beyond and Explosive Conflict in the Group Finder. He said it's definitely something we're planning to do, but had some information about why they aren't in quite yet:

Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool. Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, so we want to make sure the timing and the rewards are right before we do this.
Gear check.
Problem solved

Meglivorn
09.13.2012 , 02:19 PM | #12
There are already two tiers for Hard Mode flashpoints, that logic could be add to the operations too. And don't really understand why would adding the "tier 2" operations mean that the older ones have to roll out? They are still great for gearing up alts and new players to Columi.

(also would be great to add world bosses and endgame weekly/daily quests to the Finder but thats offtopic here)
"Many weapons can kill, but only the lightsaber can inspire such extremes of hope or fear."

Kilikaa
09.13.2012 , 02:31 PM | #13
Stpry mode EC is going to be more accessible finally? So now I won't have people tell me that my full WH Shadowtank is "less than yseless" as I have been told too many times? I can finally start getting the damn Campaign together in that case. This whole gear separation crap has pissed me off because NOBODY wants to take a player through any operation (normal mode included) who is wearing all pvp gear. If 1.4 means my War Hero equipped Shadow can finally get the pve gear she needs then all I have to say is...WHAT THE KRIFFING HELL TOOK SO LONG?!?!?!

Seriously, this gear separation has got to go. Nine months I have been playing this game and have done one, ONE, operation on eight characters because people will not take me due to my gear. That's discrimination in my book. So if I can run EC SM in my WH gear then I am going to be happy as hell.

Mavery
09.13.2012 , 02:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
Stpry mode EC is going to be more accessible finally? So now I won't have people tell me that my full WH Shadowtank is "less than yseless" as I have been told too many times? I can finally start getting the damn Campaign together in that case. This whole gear separation crap has pissed me off because NOBODY wants to take a player through any operation (normal mode included) who is wearing all pvp gear. If 1.4 means my War Hero equipped Shadow can finally get the pve gear she needs then all I have to say is...WHAT THE KRIFFING HELL TOOK SO LONG?!?!?!

Seriously, this gear separation has got to go. Nine months I have been playing this game and have done one, ONE, operation on eight characters because people will not take me due to my gear. That's discrimination in my book. So if I can run EC SM in my WH gear then I am going to be happy as hell.
Or you can get PvE gear and start clearing out the content.

Kapono
09.13.2012 , 02:41 PM | #15
I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about when players can expect to see Terror from Beyond and Explosive Conflict in the Group Finder. He said it's definitely something we're planning to do, but had some information about why they aren't in quite yet:

Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool. Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, so we want to make sure the timing and the rewards are right before we do this.
I've spent a lot of time reverse engineering the level 49 stuff on my Cybertech and my Armormech, so as to get the purple schematics. Is that what you mean by Columi? I didn't see any other schematics on the vendor past the ones I've purchased.

walterskinner
09.13.2012 , 02:58 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Kapono View Post
I've spent a lot of time reverse engineering the level 49 stuff on my Cybertech and my Armormech, so as to get the purple schematics. Is that what you mean by Columi? I didn't see any other schematics on the vendor past the ones I've purchased.

Columi drops from HM FP's and Storymode EV/KP, it's not crafted.
Gunmetal, Undertow, Algernop, Fortysix-two
Vacant, Rosettastoned, Ænema, Threelibras
Prophecy of the Five

Trollokdamus
09.13.2012 , 03:23 PM | #17
Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool.
Uhm... isn't it exactly the thing you did implementing LI HM? Nothing in the game warns you about its difficulty level, nothing suggests you to queue for it only if you have a certain level of gear. Yet you can freely queue for LI as soon as you reach 50. This definitely "causes frustration for players who are undergeared, and bogs down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool", yet LI HM is here for a long time and is not going to be changed in any way.

Fortunefive
09.13.2012 , 07:24 PM | #18

All gear currently has a score, depending on the mods inside it. So why not come up with a Minimum Gear Score requirement for those two Operations?

Lord_of_Mu
09.13.2012 , 08:53 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Fortunefive View Post
All gear currently has a score, depending on the mods inside it. So why not come up with a Minimum Gear Score requirement for those two Operations?
You'd need a smarter system that just a simple gear score check. The system would also have to see if you're currently using PvE gear, and while you're at it add a minimum stat check that also considered your spec and role.

Eg,

60% + surge
25% + Crit rate
95%+ Hit rate
15%+ Defense
30%+ shield
35%+ Absorb

LarryRow
09.14.2012 , 08:12 AM | #20
This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool
To say nothing of the frustration of people who are properly geared and grouped with noobs.

Quote:
Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace
Why? This makes absolutely no sense.

As for gear check, just do a sum total of applicable stats. You're only allowed to check the tank box if you meet the minimum requirement of Endurance + Defense + Shield + Absorb. For DPS it would be Main Stat + Power + Crit + Surge. For each armor slot, take the best piece out of what you're wearing and what's in inventory.

This method allows dual role queue, and doesn't mind pvp gear as long as the stats are good enough.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.