Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS drop unacceptable

mbrothwell
09.11.2012 , 08:17 AM | #1
If I am not refunded play time for every day of terrible FPS since the 1.3.7 patch
(or whatever number it is) I am going to go to every single retailer's website that I can think of leave the worst possible review I can. Anyone else having these issues should do the same. It is time to keep these Devs accountable for this crap. We pay a monthly fee for a premium service and right now many of us are receiving a service that doesn't even qualify as average. I pay for this game every month, and I expect it to at least be playable.
Beta test I must.

Rogoo
09.11.2012 , 08:23 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by mbrothwell View Post
If I am not refunded play time for every day of terrible FPS since the 1.3.7 patch
(or whatever number it is) I am going to go to every single retailer's website that I can think of leave the worst possible review I can. Anyone else having these issues should do the same. It is time to keep these Devs accountable for this crap. We pay a monthly fee for a premium service and right now many of us are receiving a service that doesn't even qualify for average service. I pay for this game every month, and I expect it to at least be playable.
I agree. Game time refund NAO.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

LarryRow
09.11.2012 , 08:30 AM | #3
I have also noticed a significant drop in FPS since 1.3.7.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Haggardbr
09.11.2012 , 08:32 AM | #4
I'm going to quote what I posted in this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=531013

Quote: Originally Posted by Haggardbr View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!???? THEY DIDN'T FIX THE PERFORMANCE ISSUE!!!????

I haven't logged in yet, since I'm at work now but c'mon, this began since last patch, ONE FREAKING WEEK AGO and nothing was done so far... now, one week later they have a 3 our patch time to "only" fiz missions that were not working as intended.

C'mon Bioware... is it that hard to find what is going on and fix it!? ONE WEEEEEEEK!!!!!

I'm one of the people that defends this game until the end, no matter what, but even I am loosing my patience.

Yesterday I went back to Tatooine to start the bonus series and I was getting less than 30 FPS in the Jundland area! A WIDE OPEN AREA and I was getting less than 30 FPS for a i7 quad core @ 3.4 Ghz, 8 Gb RAM DDR3, GTX560 Ti and a SATA 3 SSD!!!

I know that class's quests are important to the storyline flow, but how can you do them if you can't play above 30 FPS in a wide open area with a computer that can run Battlefield 3 @ max settings in constants 60 FPS the whole time!???

I already finished chapter 1 in my vanguard and I'm wondering how I'm going to start Balmorra (which is already a heavy load planet) with this issue... I guess that I'll be playing it as a slide-show...

Oh well... I'm sorry to be so rude but now I understand why this game is loosing its players/customers little by little...
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel

mbrothwell
09.11.2012 , 08:47 AM | #5
Im on balmorra right now and am getting 11-15 fps....its not pretty.

AMD 4 X 3.0 GHz CPU
8 GB Ram
HIS HD 6950 2 GB GPU
Beta test I must.

Haggardbr
09.11.2012 , 08:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mbrothwell View Post
Im on balmorra right now and am getting 11-15 fps....its not pretty.

AMD 4 X 3.0 GHz CPU
8 GB Ram
HIS HD 6950 2 GB GPU
My Lord... I wonder how it is around the Sundary Outpost where there's that battle at the exit of the outpost and FPS do drop a lot even before the patch.
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel

GalacticKegger
09.11.2012 , 08:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I have also noticed a significant drop in FPS since 1.3.7.
No hit here in FPS anywhere in the game because of 1.3.7, and I'm on an old Win XP Dell XPS720 pos. I have seen broken class storylines because of the patch, but there has been no degradation in video performance on my machine.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

judacator
09.11.2012 , 09:03 AM | #8
i bought more ram and a new gpu to play this game, efore i upgrade i was getting 10-20fps after i upgrade i was gettting 30-80fps (depending on where i was) now from that patch has come out i just sit at 10fps anywere on world.

In caves and buildings i get a steady 30-40fps in pvp i get 20fps?

I have tryed changing all my settings but no matter what settings i have on my fps always stays the same.

I have 5gb ram, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 2.13GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz (i know needs upgrading, but never had problem with fps untill patch) AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb 1440 x 900 res

Now i cant play as its taking twice if not three times longer to do anything in the open world,

mbrothwell
09.11.2012 , 09:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
No hit here in FPS anywhere in the game because of 1.3.7, and I'm on an old Win XP Dell XPS720 pos. I have seen broken class storylines because of the patch, but there has been no degradation in video performance on my machine.
I think it is mainly affecting Win 7 64 bit users, but im not sure. Either way at least someone is able to play have fun with your only slightly broken game. O and dont get me wrong I enjoy this game when it is playable.
Beta test I must.

Rogoo
09.11.2012 , 12:53 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Dxdiags posted so far seem to indicate that this problem happens for Windows 7 64 bit users.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.