Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oh Bioware, you so original. (new tier gear)

theStirge
09.11.2012 , 12:54 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
You can't if you want to keep the set bonus.

Try again.
Except that you can, starting with Campaign and, according to BW, all new tiers moving forward.

Unless you've already been on 1.4, gotten a piece of the new gear, pulled the armoring out, and seen that the set bonus remained with the shell, try again.

LordArtemis
09.11.2012 , 01:10 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by OsarionRDM View Post
My God, you lot are a bunch of vitriolic little crybabies, aren't you? BW gives you new gear, you spit in their faces.

Grow up, kiddies.
Shenanigans.

Izorii
09.11.2012 , 01:14 AM | #73
I am sure the cash shop will have some cool looking gear. Just need the new tier gear to take the mods out of, and if this gear was too goo looking no one would buy cash shop gear

CommanderKeeva
09.11.2012 , 01:20 AM | #74
People, people let us be civil here. Let's not compromise their "artistic integrity". Not everyone, of course, would be able to open Paint, ctrl+v in the Black Hole armor models and click on the little bucket icon.

And those of you that say that these armor models don't look futuristic, have you seen the little solar radiator panels on the shoulders of the Jedi Knight armor. They are so environmentally conscious that they are giving us alternative methods to power our armor in order to create a clean Galaxy!

Sarcasm aside, could we finally get armor that didn't come straight out of a fantasy game? Or do you need us to explain the fundamental differences between fantasy and science fiction?

Ifrica
09.11.2012 , 01:26 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Victus View Post
Same for me it seems.

I been as optimistic as I can be with the game, but if this is what we can expect with newer tiers, to just be reskins of previous tier gear. Then I am going to go back and roll a panda.
go roll a panda, and be prepared for.....

wait for it....

recolored gear!!
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

DrewFromPhilly
09.11.2012 , 02:00 AM | #76
The deadric Jedi knight armor looks pretty awesome - I hope that's the gaurdian tank set because if that orange/brown thing is for me they can keep it. Still not a fan of the shoulder spikes though, and I bet the front cape is still that weird stretching spandex thing that looks it's stapled to my legs.

TheNahash
09.11.2012 , 02:12 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by lornalove View Post
Interesting.

Nice mustard and ketchup dispenser thing going on there, Consular.
hahahaha
You win, sir. Epic comment.

discbox
09.11.2012 , 02:22 AM | #78
BioWare makes fun of us. Right? No!?

HellbirdIV
09.11.2012 , 02:59 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by walterskinner View Post
Everyone seems to forget that Tionese, Columi and Rakata were all just recolors. This isn't a new tier, just a step up.
This. Important point to make.

Also: Ever tried costume design, kids? It's actually pretty hard. That's why there's high education involved in a lot of media creation.

discbox
09.11.2012 , 03:05 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
Also: Ever tried costume design, kids? It's actually pretty hard. That's why there's high education involved in a lot of media creation.
Errr... yes. I studied Design myself (but not costume, not 3D/modeling). Why does BioWare not employ someone who has taste, knows star wars, and this education? There are so many people out there, with this education. The people who are doing this now - they do not make a good job. Most player hate the SW:TOR armor design! I doesnt't even look like Star Wars!