Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oh Bioware, you so original. (new tier gear)

Liquidacid
09.11.2012 , 11:14 AM | #151
the slave girl outfit is still the only set of armor in game worth wearing...
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Styxx
09.11.2012 , 11:15 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
bioware also failed on item modifications and enhancements once again! oh also on 2 of the barrels for guns for Bhs Im sure other classes have found the failings of the new gear as well. My favorite was the lvl 63 enhancement that makes you lose 17 crit to gain 3 surge...worthless! the new power/surge ones are a hoot too. I swear they cant get anything right when it comes to gear.
Or they DID get it right, by forcing the player to get no less than THREE armor sets / pieces for the best possible itemization. What if their aim is a mix of 58 - 61 - 63 mods? What if their goal with the +100 PvP power relics is to get you PvP as well, for the best min - max?

We don`t know if their metrics tell them the vast majority is doing a mix of top 2 tiers or not. Split decision . But 2 mistakes about itemization start to look suspicious.

Or they are just THAT bad and all this is redundant.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

theborch
09.11.2012 , 11:26 AM | #153
This armor is terrible. The only passable sets are maybe the trooper or sith warrior, everything else is semi crap to a complete waste of design time. I am happy they introduced new gear but they completely blew off the community when it came to our opinion on the current end game gear. BW flat out said they understood the majority of people didn't like the gear and they would try to make it better. Then they just re-colored the same gear everyone hated. That's BW basically saying they don't care what we said.

BW, thanks for the new gear, but why did you completely ignore our feedback?

I have a feeling no dev will come anywhere near this thread because what can they really say to defend themselves.
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

theborch
09.11.2012 , 11:30 AM | #154
I keep looking at the smuggler outfit and i really want to know the train of thought for that one. It's horrendous. A samurai and a cowboy got in a head on collision and this is what it looked like when they smashed into one. Come on, what the hell is that crap. The BH, Trooper, Agent and even warrior gear I can almost stomach but the smuggler is just terrible. I can't stop laughing at it. I play a consular as my main and I will be immediately pulling the mods out of the condiment commander costumes. hahaha smuggler.

The Jedi Knight armor is a hilarious too. Everyone look at it and just imagine the shoulder spikes gone and the knee bad spikes gone. Wouldn't it immediately improve? Now imagine the knight armor minus the shoulder/knee spikes and in a less cartoony color. I thought Jedi were supposed to be minimalists, just simplify that armor ever so slightly and it wouldn't be bad.

What the hell are those things on the inquisitor? If you took the random shrapnel off that it would be a decent armor set as well.
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

flyersfan
09.11.2012 , 11:36 AM | #155
I laughed at the Inquisitor one. The Warrior isn't too bad and the Trooper is just exactly what the Black Hole armour looks like just with rated War Hero colours. Pretty sad.

Styxx
09.11.2012 , 11:59 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by theborch View Post
I keep looking at the smuggler outfit and i really want to know the train of thought for that one. It's horrendous. A samurai and a cowboy got in a head on collision and this is what it looked like when they smashed into one. Come on, what the hell is that crap.
Robin Hood or "ranger" outfit.

[EDIT]

Quote: Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
Just a bit of trivia... doesn`t it look like the smuggler`s Campaign gear looks like Robin Hood?

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/f...-gear/smuggler <-- it`s even green

http://www.whatabeautifullife.com/C3...me-p22682.html <-- just for lulz, but you can google and have ample comparison material.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1597479168/tt0029843
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm143232000/tt0029843 <--- the 2 links are pics for the hat... imagine 2 stylized feathers on left and right and you got it.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

CommanderKeeva
09.11.2012 , 12:00 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeronova View Post
can't....stop....laughing

now we know where they got the inspiration from
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Immortalelf
09.11.2012 , 12:02 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Vermas View Post
So browsing the 1.4 info over various sites I came across a picture of the new tier gear and just facepalmed.. hard.

http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/a...redarmsets.jpg

Seriously Bioware? Just.. lol..
This is ridiculous. Seriously? We're playing STAR WARS.. cater to the FANS not the fantasy MMO crowd. They're not going to stay around! Be true to the universe and you'll keep more of us happier.

Ujest
09.11.2012 , 12:03 PM | #159
You have got to be kidding me, YUK!
Ujest
Chis, Bounty Hunter,
The Lighter Side of the Dark Side
The Ebon Hawk (formerly Sanctum of the Exalted)

AERHAE
09.11.2012 , 12:08 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Raven_Lord View Post
Why can't the development team get that people get attached to their characters, and that's what keeps the playing an MMO. It's one simple idea which they just can't get through their thick heads!

If I can't stand to look at my character, I won't want to play the game. It's just that simple.

The art of the gear, has to be one area where no compromises can be made. Don't they have a focus group to consult about their art style and direction? How did these armor sets even make past concept? How have they not gotten the hint that people hate these sets? I haven't seen anyone wearing them on my server, only the odd bit here and there while someone was grinding credits to extract the mods, that's it. Don't they have metrics to show them this stuff?

Why would they think it's a good idea, after such a long period of time without content updates, to give us more of what the masses have come out and very clearly stated, "This armor is ugly, get rid of it." how much more clear could we have made it?

I'd love to hear what the dev team has to say about this. I bet the reasoning would be hilarious.

If they do indeed have a focus group for this stuff, they need to lay them off and bring in some actual Star Wars fans, and actual players of TOR. Because anyone who gives the OK on this stuff, needs to have his head examined.
Agreed
I don't understand after all the complaining about the armor in game an how it does not reflect star wars at all.
Its like WOW star Wars.
Hey Guys at EA/BIO Ware we do not like any of the armor in your game.We have already told you this time an time again.Are you people in Austin trying to run us off from your game? If not ,then please stop putting this crapy looking armor in the game and get off of this gear grind and give us the ability to craft our own armor with a wide variety of looks/fashions that is on par with Hard Mode and night mare mode loot drops.
We want choices,A LOT OF CHOICES.Not the choices you are creating for us.
I'm tired of looking like a star wow player wantabe.
Also I don't like any of the clothing /armor in game that we can put modes into.Its all lame and not creative.
And for the folks out there that think we should just strip the mods out of hard mode or night mare mode gear and put it in something else,people like me think that's dumb as well based off the choices we have for gear/armor.
Its a lack of creativity as well as making all of us wait for something they like.
CE VIP