Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oh Bioware, you so original. (new tier gear)

Jett-Rinn
09.11.2012 , 09:13 AM | #141
I don't see how it's that bad I mean it isn't like the Banana suit in WoW.

Leirb
09.11.2012 , 09:24 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by walterskinner View Post
Everyone seems to forget that Tionese, Columi and Rakata were all just recolors. This isn't a new tier, just a step up.
^ This.

One month ago, Allison said that this new set will be a sub-tier of the tier that started with Campaign gear and it will share its appearence with a different colour:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...99#post5035799
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...17#post5038817

Xeronova
09.11.2012 , 09:40 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodstealer View Post
This post cheard me up... you need to apply for a job there.. you have the kind of vivid imagination required to pick this pile of cr-- up off the floor... btw what is a bananna bicyle.. i cant picture that form the 70's
the seat on this bicycle:
http://bemidjimike.areavoices.com/be...693a5427ee.jpg

Cellanoid
09.11.2012 , 09:42 AM | #144
Ah, the beginning's of what F2P is going to showcase. Yes, recolored armor sucks, but don't worry. For just 2000 Cartel Coins, you can buy some new social armor. Or wait! Why buy that when you can spend 5000 Cartel Coins to buy the same social gear, but it will allow set bonuses to carry over!
Only subscribers have the privilege of forum Signatures. Subscribe today to earn yours! Or you can purchase it with 150 Cartel Coins!

NotSevv
09.11.2012 , 09:44 AM | #145
See I played FFXI for a long time we knew that most of our gear would be recolors but that was because we were stuck with being a multi-platform mmo and had to deal with PS2. There isn't an excuse for this, they know what position the game is in, and another dropped ball.
Viral (Corellian Run)
It burns when I PvP (Prophecy of the Five) GM

GGVK
09.11.2012 , 09:51 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Community Q&A: Friday March 30th 2012: Game Update 1.2 Special
Players have expressed some dissatisfaction with endgame armor sets can you comment on your plans for future endgame appearances?

Daniel Erickson: We have heard the community loud and clear when it comes to armor sets. What weve heard the players say is, I dont care how high level I get, I still want my core sets to look and feel like Star Wars and like my class - cooler but not crazy. Keep the crazy to optional gear. I will warn that creating new armor is a part of our game with long lead times so it will take a set or so before players see a strong shift in direction but were already working on some stuff I love and I think players will too.
And this "stuff" is a recolor? Thanks.

That's from March mind you. I'm getting really sick of this.

Ansalem
09.11.2012 , 09:58 AM | #147
bioware also failed on item modifications and enhancements once again! oh also on 2 of the barrels for guns for Bhs Im sure other classes have found the failings of the new gear as well. My favorite was the lvl 63 enhancement that makes you lose 17 crit to gain 3 surge...worthless! the new power/surge ones are a hoot too. I swear they cant get anything right when it comes to gear.

Areshased
09.11.2012 , 10:31 AM | #148
bioware rlly needs to fire all their gear designers. They cant look worse... all of them. i save arround 5 or 6 pieces on Imperial side.
Who needs to be a force user when you handle a huge sniper rifle.

SilentKitty
09.11.2012 , 10:42 AM | #149
Hmm... I think that SI got a really nice piece of gear, black and purple look great together. The black and red piece was nice as well. Would happily use the black and red gear on my JK, there are few outfits that are black for them unless I missed something completely. Have a friend who will be happy to change the pretty blue color to something darker on his JK. Also like the white-orange outfit for troopers, it would look great on my twilek.

So there are a few of them that I really think look good. It would still have been fun with a whole new set. But there are several pieces that I really like.

Styggelse
09.11.2012 , 11:11 AM | #150
Well as a Sith Assassin I love the new set. Looks like a ****in Ninja!
Sanity Is for the weak!