Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Dispatch Terror From Beyond

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Dispatch Terror From Beyond
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FlinzPrime
09.13.2012 , 01:34 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by clawstime View Post
love the new raid but why is the new pve gear the same as the old blackhole gear but different color and better mods ...???????? devs failed on that
Solve this problem most raid drops should be just different mods and have people get those modable gear all around galaxy from different sources. Wouldn't force devs allways make new gear just for raids and people can customize however they want.

DarthVengeant
09.13.2012 , 04:26 AM | #32
So, what people want after grinding all the time in this game is a ridiculous hard Flashpoint? Not to mention it will get old after you do it 3 times. So, that becomes a grind as well. Why is everyone obsessed with making things hard i n games these days? Not me. I play games to relax and escape, not want to punch walls. Life is enough "challenge", I don't care to have much of it in a game.

What Bioware needs to do is create content that doesn't get boring, doesn't require grinding, and is actually FUN. Yes, what a concept. I could think of 10 things to add to this game other than a new FP/Ops.

1) Dye System (the first complaint I ever had about this game)
2) Continuation of Marriage (because it's really pointless to do it right now since nothing happens)
3) Being able to mod green and blue armor (because a lot of it is better looking than rakata/columni/etc)
4) Customization of Ship and having a Character class dwelling on home world that can be customized, and also unlocks GLOBAL Legacy perks.
5) Fast Travel to Ship and get RID Orbital Stations! Make it a GLOBAL Legacy unlock as well.
6) Get rid of taxi and just make the person spawn at next outpost. Utterly sick of waiting for taxi's to drive around. It's a complete waste of time.
7) Elevators that take forever to ride up or down. Please. STOP!!!
8) Daily Coms vendor on Fleet. and Legacy unlock for Ship.
9) Social Armor Vendor on Fleet that sells ALL of it so you don't have to travel all over the galaxy to get it.

and last but most important.......

10) Valor requirement for making the PVP armor, it's ridiculous. Please, make Valor Legacy Bound, or at least a Legacy Unlock, so you don't have to do 10,000 hours of PVP for each character you create. I am just not going to do ALL that again for each character, it takes long enough for just one.

I also want more class content after 50. I earned my Darth title and all it gets me is the same few Flashpoints, Warzones, Dailies, and Ops. Wow....that was sure worth it. "sarcasm"

Again, Bioware needs to remember games are supposed to be fun....not grindfests.

TPdavid
09.14.2012 , 05:45 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Jett-Rinn View Post
Interesting update, but sad not seeing any familiar faces give the developer dispatch.
The first guy was the vocalist of Foo Fighters.

Mevan
09.14.2012 , 11:04 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
So, what people want after grinding all the time in this game is a ridiculous hard Flashpoint? Not to mention it will get old after you do it 3 times. So, that becomes a grind as well. Why is everyone obsessed with making things hard i n games these days? Not me. I play games to relax and escape, not want to punch walls. Life is enough "challenge", I don't care to have much of it in a game.

What Bioware needs to do is create content that doesn't get boring, doesn't require grinding, and is actually FUN. Yes, what a concept. I could think of 10 things to add to this game other than a new FP/Ops.

2) Continuation of Marriage (because it's really pointless to do it right now since nothing happens)
3) Being able to mod green and blue armor (because a lot of it is better looking than rakata/columni/etc)
4) Customization of Ship and having a Character class dwelling on home world that can be customized, and also unlocks GLOBAL Legacy perks.
5) Fast Travel to Ship and get RID Orbital Stations! Make it a GLOBAL Legacy unlock as well.
6) Get rid of taxi and just make the person spawn at next outpost. Utterly sick of waiting for taxi's to drive around. It's a complete waste of time.
9) Social Armor Vendor on Fleet that sells ALL of it so you don't have to travel all over the galaxy to get it.

10) Valor requirement for making the PVP armor, it's ridiculous. Please, make Valor Legacy Bound, or at least a Legacy Unlock, so you don't have to do 10,000 hours of PVP for each character you create. I am just not going to do ALL that again for each character, it takes long enough for just one.

I also want more class content after 50. I earned my Darth title and all it gets me is the same few Flashpoints, Warzones, Dailies, and Ops. Wow....that was sure worth it. "sarcasm"

Again, Bioware needs to remember games are supposed to be fun....not grindfests.
Agree 100%. Sadly this stuff is unlikely to happen. Bioware seems to have their own idea of what makes a game and they won't change it (FYI Bioware, your idea is far off the mark).

akdonkey
09.14.2012 , 02:53 PM | #35
Soon as you thought that the Helmets couldn't get any worse!!!

Czuttaine
09.14.2012 , 04:24 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post

I agree with your suggestions there. I would also love those to be implement sooner or later in the game. But the 6-7 suggestions are for me, a little bit overboard. Seems like you want things all to be easy and fast. You said you play the game to relax and enjoy. Why not take the time and enjoy the taxi ride? Elevators that takes time to go up and down? What would you want? An elevator that would warp speed you to the next floor? lol I don't mean to be rude here, just saying my observations.

SaphraxDark
09.14.2012 , 10:23 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Nice.... 1st!

But yeah, this seems like an interesting new update and....THANK YOU for the companion customization!

But, can we finally get the "optimization" problem fixed. Sinse that came out (in what, 1.2 , 1.3?) multiple players have been having poor gameplay. I freeze every once in awhile (which is annoying my guild when we do ops / warzones) at almost any random location. It's really annoying me; and yes, I have my laptop updated.
Definately agree, The optimization problem NEEDS to be fixed. I have multiple friends that I play with and half of them have already said they have to leave, not because they dont like that game, but because THEY CANNOT PHYSICALLY PLAY IT! The game freezes and the FPS rate is through the roof at times, I used to be able to play this game in full detail and high quality but now have had to drop everything low just to keep a 2 bar ping.

Legosrcool
09.15.2012 , 08:31 AM | #38
I have the game but had to cancel my subscription because i moved from texas to indiana.I got on the game and tryed to do companion customization i could'nt find it.where is it?

Radikael
09.15.2012 , 09:36 AM | #39
Hypergate huh? Sounds like we have a few Babylon 5 fans at BW... Thirdspace, anyone?!?!

Ifrica
09.17.2012 , 05:35 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by SaphraxDark View Post
Definately agree, The optimization problem NEEDS to be fixed. I have multiple friends that I play with and half of them have already said they have to leave, not because they dont like that game, but because THEY CANNOT PHYSICALLY PLAY IT! The game freezes and the FPS rate is through the roof at times, I used to be able to play this game in full detail and high quality but now have had to drop everything low just to keep a 2 bar ping.
maybe they shouldn't play with a 10 year old pc or a notebook? i'm playing on a 4year old pc, which at that point was mediocre, and i still play in high res without fps issues
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD