Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Balance" in the Force and the Dark Side

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
"Balance" in the Force and the Dark Side

Rayla_Felana
09.12.2012 , 09:14 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I don't see that happening. The Force "god" thing started with reborn Sidious. He did all of this crazy stuff and Luke beat him. Then they had to make Luke 200% of Palpatine, because that's what George said to do. So now Luke is doing even crazier stuff. So who better to challenge this Jedi "god" then a Dark Side "god". And now we have these 'Ones'. Apparently they are Force "gods" as well. No. I don't see them changing this. Not with how FOTJ ended. This is just
I disagree, their will be a new series with the big three, but not nearly as DOOM AND GLOOM! as Fotj and more of ANH style adventure, Jaina Solo's new series looks like we may have a powerful, but not ludicrous lead and a female one at that, I am hoping to goes well.

Aurbere
09.12.2012 , 09:16 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
There was always balance in the force, it only became unbalanced because of the final members of the Banite Sith, they didn't just unbalance the force, they changed it for a long time, when balance was regained in the force, it came when Vader and Sidious died and the Banite Sith were wiped out, Sidious unbalanced the force with his very existence, he was a walking dark side nexus, when he was killed the chosen one fulfilled the prophecy, the force went back into balance, but it was still heavily damaged, hence the arrival of Abeloth, with a little help from Jacen.

And for the last time, Revan didn't 'use both sides of the force simultaneously', he very obviously achieved oneness with the force for a short period, this happens, he is not the force messiah, he achieved a moment of clarity after all the things that had happened in his life.

The description in Drew's novel when the light and dark rushed into him is pretty much exactly the same as the description given for Jacen Solo in the Vong series when he achieved oneness in the force.

Misconception debunked, for the millionth time in this forum.

Everybody seems to achieve oneness at one point in their lives. Whether in death or by some other means. But I wouldn't be surprised if some other character does the whole oneness thing. I think it should be Yoda. Who else knows about the Force more than he does?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
09.12.2012 , 09:19 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I disagree, their will be a new series with the big three, but not nearly as DOOM AND GLOOM! as Fotj and more of ANH style adventure, Jaina Solo's new series looks like we may have a powerful, but not ludicrous lead and a female one at that, I am hoping to goes well.
I hope so. I'm getting tired of the doom and gloom. I get that it's Star Wars, but peace is something that you don't find anymore. I wouldn't mind having to deal with a few pirates or going on some big quest, but do we need Force immune creatures, giant bugs, and force gods all the time. It seems everybody has a bone to pick with the good guys.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

losdia
09.12.2012 , 09:39 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I hope so. I'm getting tired of the doom and gloom. I get that it's Star Wars, but peace is something that you don't find anymore. I wouldn't mind having to deal with a few pirates or going on some big quest, but do we need Force immune creatures, giant bugs, and force gods all the time. It seems everybody has a bone to pick with the good guys.
Seriously! As much as I hated it at the time, at this point The Black Fleet Crisis has become the good old days.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

Aurbere
09.12.2012 , 10:03 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by losdia View Post
Seriously! As much as I hated it at the time, at this point The Black Fleet Crisis has become the good old days.
Yeah, for sure. As much as I like the Post-ROTJ novels that focus on Jedi. I love the more military novels like the Thrawn books. They were very Star Warsy in my opinion.