Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whos the bad guys?

Izutah
09.10.2012 , 11:56 AM | #1
Hey guys.

Just thought i'd start this thread as it came up in a discussion with a group of friends. Who do you think are the bad guys sith empire or galactic republic? And why do you think that. Reason i ask as we was on about WoW aswell saying that the horde wernt actually bad guys they just had different views some good some bad but just like the alliance.

Lets see what you think, be nice to hear your views.

Cakellene
09.10.2012 , 11:57 AM | #2
You say bad like it's a bad thing.
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn don't you understand?

Izutah
09.10.2012 , 11:58 AM | #3
Well you no what i mean. You meant to have the good and bad guys lol. Just wanted to hear the views of people.

stuffystuffs
09.10.2012 , 01:28 PM | #4
Republic.

Because I play Imp toons.

Tatile
09.10.2012 , 01:35 PM | #5
Well, the Empire is a totalitarian dictatorship ruled by a personality cult and governed by scheming, back-stabbing individuals who only look out for themselves and their own interests. It's rather like real life but turned up about two places on the "Oh god" metre. Social Darwinism certainly comes into play and they do employ slavery and speciesm, but as has been demonstrated it is possible to overcome those boundaries - even the Empire itself is looking at evolving past that to an extent.

Are they evil? Yeah, probably. They most certainly are from an outsider's point of view. From inside? Business as usual; it's the Sith way.

Basically you're asking about a universal concept of morality versus the actual application of morality and how it becomes quickly relative.

I've not played the Republic, but I can easily imagine that they have similar "evils" as the Empire, they're just more hypocritical about it.

OldVengeance
09.10.2012 , 01:39 PM | #6
The Sith Empire are the bad guys. For every bad thing the Republic has the Empire has much much MUCH worse.

Uluain
09.10.2012 , 01:43 PM | #7
The grammar nazis. And I'm with them.

"Who are the bad guys?" or, if you are going to use a contraction, "Who're the bad guys?" would be correct. Even if you are going for an ungrammatical contraction, you are still missing an apostrophe: "Who's the bad guys?"

While the Republic and the Jedi Order are not without flaws, the Sith Empire are the aggressors and villains.

liammozz
09.10.2012 , 01:49 PM | #8
its all a matter of prospective

if your a imperial then the republic are the bad guys

if your republic then the empire are the bad guys

the definitive answer would be the empire are the bad guys because in the end the republic win and the winner writes the history books

Tatile
09.10.2012 , 01:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by liammozz View Post
the definitive answer would be the empire are the bad guys because in the end the republic win and the winner writes the history books
Well, the genocide doesn't help our image

grandmthethird
09.10.2012 , 01:56 PM | #10
the republic is a political system, it has corrupt ppl, but a few bad ppl doesn't make the republic bad (tho i prefer the word evil)

the empire is a political system, the system it's self is not bad/evil. in many ways its society runs well, its a well run well organized, bureaucrats dream, but at its heart the ppl that run the empire are xenophobic, paranoid control freaks. where as many of the servants of the empire are not evil, its open practices are.

the sith are the real evil in the empire, the religious cult that rule the empire. the dark council and the emperor, the lords and even the apprentices, they are the evil at the root of the empire.

and if your are into your EU books you would know. that when the empire isn't ruled by the sith its not evil at all
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"