Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why the Vanguard is considered balanced by EA/BW.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why the Vanguard is considered balanced by EA/BW.

oredith
09.10.2012 , 05:16 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Reveillere View Post
Remember this was your statement we're discussing:
yup
Yet when I hover over my abilities on all my characters I barely can find force attacks that aren't kinetic/energy, strange.
perhaps you need to hover over the death field ability?

i comment did not say anything about "all force attacks", perhaps this is a issue for you, but words like "all", and "every" have meanings, as well as the lack of those words. they make a difference.

for example:
  • ALL posts on the pvp forum are troll posts
  • posts on the pvp forum are troll posts

they carry different meanings.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Reveillere
09.10.2012 , 05:22 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
yup

perhaps you need to hover over the death field ability?

i comment did not say anything about "all force attacks", perhaps this is a issue for you, but words like "all", and "every" have meanings, as well as the lack of those words. they make a difference.

for example:
  • ALL posts on the pvp forum are troll posts
  • posts on the pvp forum are troll posts

they carry different meanings.
Then go back to your original message and tell me how much sense does it make?! Heavy armor is a huge survivability because a huge majority of the attacks is mitigated by armor

oredith
09.10.2012 , 05:24 PM | #33
Then go back to your original message and tell me how much sense does it make?! Heavy armor is a huge survivability because a huge majority of the attacks is mitigated by armor
it protects against 50% of the damage types.

i guess you're a "cup is half full" type of guy.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Reveillere
09.10.2012 , 05:27 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
it protects against 50% of the damage types.

i guess you're a "cup is half full" type of guy.
and those 50% of the damage types cover a huge majority of the abilities in the game, your post still makes no sense, I guess you're one of those who needs an op class to carry you

(edit: you also have to take into consideration in questions of survivability stuff like range, instant abilities, reduced active cooldown on your "crappy shield" which is actually extremely good)

kingrimlock
09.10.2012 , 06:05 PM | #35
DPS VG/PT survivability is crap.

In a 1v1 situation (which I'm guessing most qq'ers on this thread are referring to in their OP claims) it may seem that way because let's face it, whoever kills the other guy faster wins, and there's no argument that PT/VG is tops in burst damage right now.

However, on my Assault VG, if I get focused by 2 or more competent players and I don't have a pocket healer, then I go down very very quickly. My watchman sentinel feels much more tanky in comparison, I can easily stall 2-3 times longer on my sentinel in order to wait for backup to arrive as needed.

Some people always look at class balance strictly from a 1v1 perspective.

tehrealdealz
09.10.2012 , 06:34 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by kingrimlock View Post
DPS VG/PT survivability is crap.

In a 1v1 situation (which I'm guessing most qq'ers on this thread are referring to in their OP claims) it may seem that way because let's face it, whoever kills the other guy faster wins, and there's no argument that PT/VG is tops in burst damage right now.

However, on my Assault VG, if I get focused by 2 or more competent players and I don't have a pocket healer, then I go down very very quickly. My watchman sentinel feels much more tanky in comparison, I can easily stall 2-3 times longer on my sentinel in order to wait for backup to arrive as needed.

Some people always look at class balance strictly from a 1v1 perspective.
Exactly. I think alot of people need to understand that in almost every mmo, pvp isnt built around 1v1 but more around team play. But even then a Vanguard is far from the king of 1v1. Like I said try to 1v1 a marauder/shadow/operative and then you'll see what broken damage is. Anyway, Vanguard isnt getting changed folks so lets just stop it alrdy.

Boyana
09.10.2012 , 08:01 PM | #37
Haha, OP is the same guy who was asking for advices because his class got nerfed and he will be re-rolling a Marauder. Think you are the last person on the Earth who should be talking about L2P issues but usually people like you use those phrases, anyway.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=398482

tehrealdealz
09.10.2012 , 08:28 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyana View Post
Haha, OP is the same guy who was asking for advices because his class got nerfed and he will be re-rolling a Marauder. Think you are the last person on the Earth who should be talking about L2P issues but usually people like you use those phrases, anyway.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=398482
Hmm I dont get it. How does that thread have any relevance to this thread.

Actually never mind. I just found this gem.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=495870

Talk about l2p huh.

Boyana
09.10.2012 , 08:33 PM | #39
I know you do not get it :P.

ArchangelLBC
09.11.2012 , 01:27 AM | #40
Reveillere is correct in saying that most damage done, even by force users, is mitigated by Armor.

He's wrong though saying it's a big boost to survivability. If it was Commandos wouldn't be nearly as squishy and worthless in PVP as they are. It's cooldowns, escape tools, and tank stance (and preferably healers) that make a class survivable in PVP. Everything else is just window dressing sadly.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd