Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To play a Cathar...

09.09.2012 , 05:20 PM | #1 to play yet another human with a different skin.

Remember Plo Koon? Yoda? Chewbacca? Something not so...human...would be fantastic.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

09.09.2012 , 06:23 PM | #2
Everything is a humanoid with different skin.

Plo Koon is just a human with tusks and weird looking eyes and scaly things
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

09.09.2012 , 08:58 PM | #3
Well, point #1: you'll never be able to play a yoda-like character. ever. no matter what game.
It's a rule from up high. We'll never find out anything about the species. not even the name of the species.
Yoda and his folk will always remain a mystery.
#2: I think by now it's pretty clear that playable species will at least have to be able to speak basic.
That precludes many species, but less than most people think. Wookiees unfortunately are one of the
precluded species.
As for the Kel Dor, like Plo Koon, well.... They'll need to get new tech in, so their head won't clip through pretty
much all the headgear that's in the game right now. Or at least the tech that switches to the special Kel Dor
headgear that then also needs to be created.
Same with Nautolans, Mon Calamari, Togruta, Duros, Sullustans, pretty much all the other species that are
already in the game as questgivers or sentient enemies.
Except for, of course, the Cathar. So that's probably one of the reasons why they are the first (of hopefully many)
new playable species.

And there are actually quite a bit of voice overs that reference the species of our characters, those will need to be
updated accordingly....
Hope BW does it right, but I fear it will be half-***ed like so many new additions to the game... *sigh*
Darth Banish, Female Twi'Lek Sorcerer 58, The Progenitor
Major Gyllian Talahar, Female Human Commando 55, The Progenitor
Captain Galen Talahar, Male Human Gunslinger 40, The Progenitor
SGR Supporter

09.09.2012 , 09:05 PM | #4
Well ye get to have whiskers atleast...

If they add the ability to purr I sense alot of Cathars are gonna be around /joke