Workarounds for [The Ambush] & [Mannett Point]

Galathir

Hey, folks. Since Customer Service can't be bothered with offering actual helpful advice on this one... I thought I'd post a few tips for getting your nascent Troopers through the gauntlet of a bugged out Ord Mantell:

#1 MIrru's Missing

The first place people have been running into an issue with [The Ambush] is finding Mirru. Occasionally, he's just not there. Missing all together (along with a few other NPCs that should be standing in that camp). If this is the case for you, relog. More than once if necessary. Several people I've spoken with, and for myself, this shook something loose and made Mirru pop.

#2 Can't Use Personal Holocommunicator

Some people have also run into an issue where after the conversation with Mirru, your Personal Holo casts, but the conversation won't start. First, you can right click the "Personal Holo" "buff" icon near your portrait to break free and be able to move again. If you've clicked the Holo button more than once, you'll see multiple "buff" icons. Right click as many as you need to be able to walk again *chuckles*. Then try moving away from Mirru, toward the road just over the cliff from him (this is toward the Bombs you'll be disarming in the next step). I hopped down off the cliff on to the road and was able to make the call to Jorgen there.

#3 [The Ambush] Doesn't Complete and is stuck in Mission Log

After you disarm the bombs and return to Tavus, [The Ambush] doesn't complete or clear from your log. This isn't going to change until they fix this bug properly. However, you should be able to progress and pick up [Mannett Point], the next step of the Trooper story line. A related issue, however, is that since [The Ambush] didn't complete properly, you're not eligible to pick up the mission to talk to the Doctor nor the missing Son at Mannett Point. So you won't be able to pick up those side missions on the way, though you will be able to pick up the Rocket Gunners and Holo Recordings side missions closer to Mannett Point.

#4 Can't 'Return to Command Post' for [Mannett Point] mission

Here's the real problem for most of the people I've talked to. Once you finish Mannett Point and return to Fort Garnik, you enter the Command Post phase and see two copies of Jorgen: One with Tavus from [The Ambush] turn in, and one with Needles, which belong there now. No one wants to talk to you. This is the Show Stopper. However, you can work around it. Exit the Phase. Then open your Mission Log and RESET [The Ambush] (NOT [Mannett Point]! Leave that one alone!). This will reset the goal on that mission to Talk to Mirru, clearing up the Command Post phase. You should now be able to re-enter and have your conversation, thus completing [Mannett Point]!

Woot! Now you're all set to progress... at least until you get to [Objective A-77]. Let's hope Bioware gets that one sorted out before today's newbie troopers grow that far!

Edited by Galathir

I ran through this last night and was able to get through and off planet successfully with my new companion and relevant rewards. I did basically what you said to do, so it works. I got through the rest of the planet with some glitches. The lag spikes (reported by lots of people in chat) were insane and I died once because of it. When I went to the command center to turn in my last story quest, there was an extraneous character (spoiler) who shouldn't have been there. There was also a duplicate jorgen. I do have a reset, untracked Ambush in my mission log, I will wait for the next patch to submit a ticket for it to be removed. I got to the fleet and did my crew skills quest there, but not the advanced class quest since I'm only a 9, not 10 (I skipped a lot of the Ord Man side quests in hopes of getting off the planet. I'll play more on him tonight on Coruscant/Esseles and see how it goes.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get off-planet with your Trooper as well. I know a lot of people are really, REALLY annoyed about the whole thing. Hopefully we'll see a fix soon. *does not hold his breath*

The lag on Ord Mantell on Ebon Hawk was just bizarre for me the other night as well. And I say 'lag' because I don't really know what else to call it. It wasn't video driven, since the mobs would freeze as well, and I never saw latency spikes, so I'm assuming it's something server side. I had never been so glad to leave a planet behind me!

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually simpler than this, at least from the Trooper mission point of view. All you have to do is get away from Fort Garnik and you can use your communicator. After i did so, I was able to accept the mission *and* complete it normally. Just don't use the darn communicator in FG, or you'll be stuck.

Almost done with all the Mannet Point missions except Wexx. I forgot about him while chasing my teammates. I will let everyone know what happens.

Could they finally have fixed part of the problem?