Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

lowbie healing questions

SamuelAU
09.17.2012 , 06:14 AM | #11
I have the same problem as you. I've healed a few flashpoints on my Operative but when different people have aggro it is so hard to keep everyone alive.

Once you hit level 50 and start doing HMs you'll become more experienced and comfortable with healing, and as a general rule your tank will have some idea of how to tank and keep aggro.

I had the same learning curve for tanking.

MagnitudeZero
09.17.2012 , 06:38 AM | #12
No healing in this game isn't too difficult/stressful really. As long as everyone knows their roles, and knows tactics/mechanics then you should be fine. It's only when people are running around taking damage that they shouldn't be taking that it can get more challenging, but obviously you encounter that less in max level dungeons, and obviously if you come to raid with a competent team.

Obviously it's just like healing in any other game, when you heal low level dungeons in WoW without any heirloom gear, it can even then be quite annoying when newer players are doing stuff they shouldn't be. But healing in WoW in general is a little bit easier than this game, where you can use addons etc to help make your healing more efficient. In Star Wars you only have your raid frames and your wit!

Hope you're not put off healing too much by your experiences, it really isn't that bad!

And I do advise against "just letting bad players die" if they're taking damage, they might not learn anything from you letting them live, but you will become better at healing the more exposure to difficult situations that you have - just always prioritise yourself and the tank!

CthulhuRyleh
09.17.2012 , 08:32 AM | #13
I have noticed this problem as well. Dps act just like as if they were soloing, it seems to be a common theme in low level flashpoints. I always figured it was just new people not used to working in a coordinated group. I have always had an easy time though communicating with them and letting them know how they should really behave in a flashpoint. So a little communication can go a long way.

Infalliable
09.17.2012 , 09:02 AM | #14
Communication is key.

Sometimes a player will expect a mob(s) to be CC'd and when they aren't it leads to confusion.
Sometimes people are rather new to group content and don't know the kill order.
Sometimes others just do things you don't expect.

Mark targets and get everyone on the same page. Even for experienced players, this helps with the flow. Most players are extremely receptive to a kill order being set and it can be done w/o offending or calling anyone out.

Also, DPS can draw a bit of aggro, especially on the weaker foes and be fine.

The other thing is with a lot of CC in the group, often DPS should often target the tank's target. With no CC, often the DPS should take out the weakest and avoid the tank's target. If this isn't explained early what your strategy is, this leads to confusion.