Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Since the Patch My Game Crashs To desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Since the Patch My Game Crashs To desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cerimon
09.13.2012 , 01:58 PM | #41 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings PanikSpreder,

We are glad to hear the situation has improved for you

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Warath
09.13.2012 , 03:17 PM | #42
Ok Today i finished the class quests on Alderaan with my Merc BH, and I cannot leave the planet. The game crashes when I try to travel on my ship and or use my Fleet Pass. I have never had a problem with the game crashing before today. Funny thing is I can travel in all ways with all of my other characters.

Rock_Monster
09.13.2012 , 04:34 PM | #43
Since doing a full re-download/install of the game and with the performance fix patch the game hasn't crash so far in about 6 hours play time. Before it was likely to crash 1 or 2 times every hour. So it seems one of those things may have fixed the problem. Perhaps the patch which messed up the performance also led to the crashing problem, and the performance fix also fixed whatever was causing the crashing.

So it seems the game is stable for me now. I will post again if the crashing returns.

MrRayen
09.14.2012 , 01:38 AM | #44
The game is stable now for me too.

In addition to the patch I did what this article suggests:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

This made game more stable even before the patch. It seems the game is very sensitive to non windows services and it might hang because some service that take to much system resources. Only solution is to literally completely block the service using msconfig tool.

Anyway with this fix and latest patch stability is back, so good job BW.

Laevena
09.14.2012 , 01:45 AM | #45 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by MrRayen View Post
The game is stable now for me too.

In addition to the patch I did what this article suggests:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

This made game more stable even before the patch. It seems the game is very sensitive to non windows services and it might hang because some service that take to much system resources. Only solution is to literally completely block the service using msconfig too.

Anyway with this fix and latest patch stability is back, so good job BW.
Thank you for the feedback and the link MrRayen - Pleased to hear the game is more stable for you now.

Let us know if there’s ever anything else we can help with.
Laevena | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

DarthSithdious
09.14.2012 , 12:59 PM | #46
While I do believe some people experience stability as a result of the last patch, it is not the case for me. I've played this game since release and have not reformatted the PC or change much. But, since the last patch I've got two issues:

1. System totally frozen while playing and requires a hard reset
2. (more annoying) Random minimizing of the game.....it doesn't crash...I just have to click the game icon again from the task bar to get back into it. The game minimizes itself sometimes two or three times in a row (within a second after the screen appears)

As for observation interestingly, the minimizing issues usually happens during in the middle of battles and fortunately so far I have not experience the total freeze during fights.

Tirvaak
09.14.2012 , 01:16 PM | #47 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi DarthSithdious,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear you have had some issues since the last patch.

I'd like to rule out the possibility of another program or process on your system causing the issues you are encountering. To do this I would suggest to perform a clean boot and try to play the game to see if the same problems occurs. You can find the instructions on how to perform a clean boot from the Microsoft website on this page.

I hope this helps.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

NicoSnsa
09.17.2012 , 02:42 PM | #48
Hello, basically I'm having the same issues as mentionned above :

In 6 monthes, the game must have crashed 3 times.
This last week, it has crashed like 30 times! 9 times out of 10 i can't do anything and I have to do a hard reset... i'm rarely able to go back to windows... Usually the sound bugs first (it also crashed with the sound not activated) and the screen freezes.

Please note I am not using any other program at all, or haven't installed anything new this week... this definitly is new.

Tirvaak
09.17.2012 , 02:52 PM | #49 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi NicoSnsa,

Thanks for posting. From what you have described, it sounds like your issue is linked to a corruption in your sound driver. The reason I'm thinking this is because the audio bugs first, then causes a freeze and then a crash.

As a test, when you login to the game, mute all of the sound settings through the in-game options and continue to play(I'm not sure if you did this with every setting already, that is why I'm suggesting this). If you do not experience a crash then it means it is linked to the sound and the best option at this point would be to perform a fresh install of the current sound card drivers.

If the crashes continue let me know and we will try some other steps to get around this problem.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support