Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Since the Patch My Game Crashs To desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Since the Patch My Game Crashs To desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rock_Monster
09.11.2012 , 01:46 PM | #21
Tried playing in windowed mode but it still crashed.

MrRayen
09.11.2012 , 02:02 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thanks. Can I just get both of you to try the same step, as a test. Please se tthe game to Windowed mode by pressing Alt and Enter, and then maximise it (so you can play fullscreen, you can play in a small screen if you wish) and check if the crashes still occur.

Thanks.
This downgrade game performance to almost unplayable but I will test it.

MrRayen
09.11.2012 , 02:05 PM | #23
One more thing that might help investigation. Today I had strangest crash.

In the game everything stopped and I could move around but everything else was still. Finally when I used alt+tab I found out that in windows there was c++ error about swtor crashed. I suspect it was 2nd instance of swtor.exe(swtoe starts 2 swtor.exe) that crashed while primary one stayed up. It might help.

MrRayen
09.11.2012 , 03:22 PM | #24
Just crashed again after ~10 minutes of game play just before wz ended.

I got no coms for the game, again.

I don't know about others but I am not playing until this is fixed, and if not fixed soon I am unsubbing. I am not paying money to be stressed like this.

I played around 10 MMOS in 10 years and NEVER there was issue annoying as this. Game crashes all the time and kicks you out of pvp game. What _the_hell, how bad design is that, especially for 200 million dollar game.

warriorcat
09.11.2012 , 03:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MrRayen View Post

In the game everything stopped and I could move around but everything else was still. Finally when I used alt+tab I found out that in windows there was c++ error about swtor crashed. I suspect it was 2nd instance of swtor.exe(swtoe starts 2 swtor.exe) that crashed while primary one stayed up. It might help.
sorry rayen i could not help your early my forum account would not let me post ... their is meant to be 2 i no it uses alot of ram but working as intended

c++ is part of windows have you looked into them files contacting Microsoft or anything like that?

i can post now because of the great support
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

Rock_Monster
09.11.2012 , 04:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MrRayen View Post

Happened to me earlier today as well. It was the only time so far that an error message of some sort appeared when the game crashed.

MrRayen
09.11.2012 , 04:25 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
sorry rayen i could not help your early my forum account would not let me post ... their is meant to be 2 i no it uses alot of ram but working as intended

c++ is part of windows have you looked into them files contacting Microsoft or anything like that?

i can post now because of the great support
I think game engine uses c++ engine libs so logically when the game crashes c++ runtime reports an error.

I am pissed because game design is flawed. Ok, they have a bug and they will fix it. But why the customers need to be seriously penalized because of their doing now and in the future. They had almost 1 year to implement simple fix for disconnecting or crashing in midle of pvp game -> when the game eventually finishes you should get points by the time you spent in that wz. How simple is that?!

This way anytime there is an error or crash we will play for nothing. That is imo big problem and they had plenty of time to fix it.

Beesodd
09.12.2012 , 12:11 AM | #28 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks guys, i'm sorry to hear that this step did not work.

It's likely that you have these files already installed, but just to be sure, check that you have all Windows updates installed, including optional ones such as .net framework and Visual C++ features. It may also help to run a fresh copy of the Setup file over your existing install, in case there is an issue there.

If neither of these steps help, please try performing a clean boot, and see if the issue still persists. Thank you.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

MrRayen
09.12.2012 , 02:10 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thanks guys, i'm sorry to hear that this step did not work.

It's likely that you have these files already installed, but just to be sure, check that you have all Windows updates installed, including optional ones such as .net framework and Visual C++ features. It may also help to run a fresh copy of the Setup file over your existing install, in case there is an issue there.

If neither of these steps help, please try performing a clean boot, and see if the issue still persists. Thank you.
It's not our pc's that are the problem. It's the last week patch. Please fix the issue asap!

Beesodd
09.12.2012 , 02:44 AM | #30 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi MrRayen,

It's something in the interplay between the game and your system, and we're trying to find the source of it. If it was purely the game, then literally everyone who plays the game would have the issue all of the time. While the people in this thread have common crashing issues starting with the patch, it's not a universal issue (broken class missions, which were fixed in a patch, are an example of a universal issue). This suggests that there is an issue which was already present on a system and has only become noticeable with the changes made in the patch. Sometimes, the problem occurs on the day of a patch, independently of the game. Also, the cause of your problem may be a common one, or it could be a variety of reasons.

This is not intended to imply that this is the fault of the customer. PCs are complex beasts, and even a small deviation from the standard (when "standard" is also quite nebulous) can lead to problems. For example, it's possible that there's a small background process running that interferes with how the game runs since the patch.

I hope this clarifies why we are troubleshooting this issue with you. We want you to have a good experience, to be able to play the game without issue. At this stage we don't know the specific reason for your crashes, and to say "this is a game issue, let us sort it" would be dishonest and dismissive.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.