Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Since the Patch My Game Crashs To desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Since the Patch My Game Crashs To desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tirvaak
09.10.2012 , 09:28 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by PanikSpreder View Post
All right, I'll give it a shot and post my findings.

EDIT: Just removed the Cache-file and started up the game. Within 30 seconds it crashed again. Fired up the reliability tool in windows, but swtor.exe nor launcher.exe is showing up in the list.

I think the crash is related to viewing the map - I didnt notice it before, but this time it crashed straight as I opened the map on Dromund Kaas. I always check the map (Alderaan) to keep track of my teams progress.
Hi PanikSpreder,

I'm not certain if you have tried this yet or not but I'd like you to try the repair function from the launcher to see if this helps with your issue.

Exit the game and open the launcher again. Login as normal but do not press play. When the play button appears click on the cogwheel in the left corner of the launcher and select repair.

Once the repair has completed, click play and see if the problem has been resolved.

Let me know if this helps.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

MrRayen
09.10.2012 , 01:48 PM | #12
Guys from BioWARE don't try to solve problem where is not (customer pc).

Last patch is broken; it seems it creates constant crashes to desktop for some percent of swtor population.

I tried everything, literally(drivers, installation etc..). My conclusion is that problem was introduced the same day the last patch appeared. Before that day I had random crashes perhaps once per day, or once per week. Now is several per day, sometime even several per hour. I lost countless amount of warzone coms because I had regular crashes in middle or close to the end of the warzone.

Now, fix this problem or you will lose tons of customers. It's not that hard, open a pool of changes in last patch, retest them in details and post a solution. DON't overlook this issue or stability problem will escalate and in few patches you will have very hard time to resolve it.

PanikSpreder
09.10.2012 , 11:25 PM | #13
Just an update: Seemed to have worked what I did yesterday (did a full repair - came up with nothing actually), but the crashing is back again today. I even stopped any service in windows that I know is not used for gaming and closed any application that might run in the background (so basically just running with a firewall - not even anti-virus) to no prevail.

Just got crashed to desktop in a early morning Warzone and my team was winning... again -.-

Rock_Monster
09.11.2012 , 04:45 AM | #14
Yep, what ever last week's patch did, it increased crashes tenfold. The game can say up for an hour if I'm lucky or it can die in a few minutes, I just know eventually its gonna freeze for a sec, then bam kicked to desktop. No error report, no windows reliability event. Launcher repairs don't work, reboots don't work, deleting cache file doesn't work. The "crashdump" folder files CRASH.dmp and CRASH.json do update whenever a crash happens but you can't really open those files in notepad to read as the formatting is all weird.

I will probably do an uninstall and full re-download of the game to see if it clears up but I doubt it will.

PanikSpreder
09.11.2012 , 07:39 AM | #15
The crash to desktop is still going strong. The last crash did come with an error message from my installed Visual Studio, but its just the normal ramble about an .exe being shut down due to an internal error. Not even a register or breakpoint reference for it.

This is starting to get on my nerves - lost plenty of Warzone coms already.

Beesodd
09.11.2012 , 08:04 AM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi PanikSpreder,

Please try changing your display driver to 301.42. Nvidia drivers later than this have been known to cause issues.
301.42 can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html

Rock_Monster and MrRayen, please post up a copy of your dxdiag.

Thank you.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

MrRayen
09.11.2012 , 09:45 AM | #17
My dxdiag, I hope it helps.

Spoiler

Rock_Monster
09.11.2012 , 10:35 AM | #18
Dxdiag

Spoiler

Beesodd
09.11.2012 , 10:48 AM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks. Can I just get both of you to try the same step, as a test. Please se tthe game to Windowed mode by pressing Alt and Enter, and then maximise it (so you can play fullscreen, you can play in a small screen if you wish) and check if the crashes still occur.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

PanikSpreder
09.11.2012 , 10:55 AM | #20
Downgraded my drivers to the 301.42 and the crashes still happens. Mid-fight doing Warzones. I might have to reconsider popping into these Warzones as people might suspect me for for just leaving manually.