Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Since the Patch My Game Crashs To desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Since the Patch My Game Crashs To desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nikica
09.09.2012 , 04:37 AM | #1
IV ran Fix lancher and THere nothing wrong withj my PC or MY COnnection Its SWTOR it Had Dune it to And even MY Guildies

Laevena
09.09.2012 , 05:15 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Nikica,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing crashes to desktop.

Please include a DXDiag of your system and a detailed description of the crashes. This information will help greatly.
  1. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.
  2. Type in ‘DxDiag’ and press ‘OK’.
  3. This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool box.
  4. At the bottom of the box is a ‘Save All information’ button. Press it.
  5. This will open a ‘Save As’ box. Please ensure the text file is named ‘DxDiag’.
  6. Save this to your desktop.
  7. Open the saved file, hit Ctrl+A (select all), and then Ctrl+C (copy).
  8. Paste that information at the bottom of your post, using the [Spoiler][/Spoiler]tags.
Thank you!
Laevena | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Nikica
09.09.2012 , 05:21 AM | #3
Spoiler

Laevena
09.09.2012 , 05:35 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thank for providing us with your DxDiag.

It seems your drivers are not digitally signed. This might be a reason why these crashes may occur :

Quote: Originally Posted by Nikica View Post
------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: The file aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,at icfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64 .dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a. cap,atitmm64.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
Display Tab 2: The file aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,at icfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64 .dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a. cap,atitmm64.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
We would recommend you to uninstall and install the most recent version of the driver. To do so, please visit your manufacturers website directly :
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If the issue persists, do not hesitate to come back to us with a detailed description of the issue (how the crashes occur, when the crashes happen, etc...). This information is needed in order for us to effectively troubleshoot your issue.

Nikica
09.09.2012 , 05:45 AM | #5
Hey I Have Already Got the 06 september Drivers And The Crashes Have only started when The Update 5th Happened EVeryone on of the guild im in Have CRash IT turns swttor Off Completely

Laevena
09.09.2012 , 06:00 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thank you very much for the information.

On the DxDiag the driver version appears to be from June :
Quote: Originally Posted by Nikica View Post
Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,at icfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64 .dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a. cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1136 (English)
Driver Version: 8.981.2.0
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/26/2012 17:26:22, 1101312 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: No
WHQL Date Stamp: None
It is possible that the version you have installed in September is not correctly recognized.

It may be worthwhile doing the following: Uninstall video driver, clean boot and then clean driver install.

ATI recommend removing drivers via their own catalyst:
1) Click on Start
2) Open the Control Panel
3) Select Programs and Features
4) Select ATI Catalyst Install Manager
5) Click on Change

AMD link:http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...csDrivers.aspx

Instructions on performing a clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

When installing AMD drivers, just perform the installation as normal after the clean boot.

If the issue persist after that, please come back to us.

ahnog
09.09.2012 , 09:08 AM | #7
When my client crashes to desktop I've found that simple reboot solves the problem.
Ahnog
Hokey religions can't replace a good blaster at your side

PanikSpreder
09.09.2012 , 10:46 AM | #8
I've had the same problem for a week now - get into a Warzone, play for around 5-10 min then it freezes up and crashed to desktop. Never had this problem before.

My DxDiag:
Spoiler

Laevena
09.10.2012 , 01:03 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello PanikSpreder,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing crashes as well.

Can you please try clearing your DiskCacheArena, and then see if the issue persists. You can get to this my navigating to the game folder and then the swtor subfolder. Then delete the DiskCacheArena file, and it will be recreated when you restart the game.

If the issue still occurs, please post up a reliability report. This may help.
  1. Open your Start menu and type "view reliability history" into the search box.
  2. Select the most recent swtor.exe failure, denoted by the red circle with the white X in it.
  3. Double-click the related Critical Event under Source.
  4. Please post the full information of the reliability history within the [Spoiler][/Spoiler]tags

Thank you very much.

PanikSpreder
09.10.2012 , 08:55 AM | #10
All right, I'll give it a shot and post my findings.

EDIT: Just removed the Cache-file and started up the game. Within 30 seconds it crashed again. Fired up the reliability tool in windows, but swtor.exe nor launcher.exe is showing up in the list.

I think the crash is related to viewing the map - I didnt notice it before, but this time it crashed straight as I opened the map on Dromund Kaas. I always check the map (Alderaan) to keep track of my teams progress.