Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Misadventures of Mischievous Malavai

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Misadventures of Mischievous Malavai

Ardim
09.17.2012 , 09:16 PM | #21
Just when I thought there's nothing funnier than Companions Daycare and Quick Quinn Quotes....
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

Lunafox
09.18.2012 , 12:56 AM | #22
This is entirely too cute, and hilarious Hmm, I do wonder what your take on an actual son of Malavai might be like...
Check out my novel! ETERNITY AWAITS

irishfino
09.23.2012 , 02:26 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ragnnerok View Post
This made me chuckle.
I'm good at making people laugh! It's a skill!

Quote: Originally Posted by Milchmaus View Post
<3 Just great! Love this whole thread
You have to admit, I make a good argument!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ardim View Post
Just when I thought there's nothing funnier than Companions Daycare and Quick Quinn Quotes....
I excel at being adorable!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
This is entirely too cute, and hilarious Hmm, I do wonder what your take on an actual son of Malavai might be like...
Awesome, just like me!

Thanks for reading, happy people!!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
09.23.2012 , 02:27 PM | #24
Super Awesome Short Story Thread cross-postamajigger!
In which a father is made...

“I’m not comfortable with that, Malavai,” the Captain said stiffly.

“I can’t keep calling you the Captain!” Malavai argued.

“It’s inappropriate.”

“No, it isn’t!”

“This conversation is over,” the Captain said flatly.

“That isn’t fair!” Malavai shouted angrily.

“Go tell it to someone who cares!” Quinn shouted back.

Malavai stared at the Captain with wide, tear filled eyes. He was being so mean about this. The little boy turned and ran before Quinn could yell at him again. His argument was sound for a four year old. He wasn’t part of the Captain anymore and they weren’t brothers so why couldn’t the Captain be his dad? After all, their father wasn’t really there and when he was he was manipulating him for his own ends. He tossed himself onto the cot in the Captain’s quarters. He didn’t even have a proper bed. He was just as unloved as he was the first time around. Quietly, he sobbed into his pillow.

“Malavai?” the Captain asked quietly.

“Go away!” Malavai shouted into his pillow. Most of his shout was lost to the fluffiness of the pillow, but he didn’t care. He was hurt and the Captain was a jerk.

Quinn sighed and sat down next to Malavai.

“I said go away!” Malavai mumbled sadly into his pillow.

“I’m sorry, Malavai,” Quinn said quietly. “You surprised me, is all.”

“You didn’t have to yell,” the boy murmured as he lifted his head from the pillow.

“I’m not good at this Malavai. I have no idea how to be a father, especially to a four year old version of myself.”

“Maybe, but we wanted nothing more than a dad to be there for us, right?” Malavai asked quietly. Quinn nodded. “So, I mean, you can’t go back to being a kid and get a dad, but a version of you can get a dad and you get to be that dad! You can be the dad you wanted when you were growing up!”

Quinn chewed his cheek in thought. It was true. He had wanted nothing more than to have his father care for him. He spent most of his life trying to prove his worth. He wasn’t just a failed experiment or a failed assassin. He was an intelligent man who had achieved much given the circumstances and he continued to grow by leaps and bounds. If he started being the father Malavai deserved, there was nothing that could hold him back.

“What if I fail?” Quinn asked quietly.

“You can’t fail if you don’t at least try,” Malavai said wisely.

“Very well,” Quinn said firmly. “I will register you as my child.”

“Can I call you ‘dad’?” Malavai asked hopefully.

Quinn turned to the boy and smiled. “I would hope for nothing less.”

A happy grin split Malavai’s face and the boy tackled Quinn to the floor. Happy laughter filled the room, whatever room, they were in for years to come.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

iamthehoyden
09.24.2012 , 09:04 AM | #25
Awwww, this is crazy cute.

Quick question: In your 97% universe there are 3 Quinns. Are there only 2 in this one?
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

irishfino
09.24.2012 , 10:46 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Awwww, this is crazy cute.

Quick question: In your 97% universe there are 3 Quinns. Are there only 2 in this one?
I haven't fully decided that yet, but you can see some of Sith!Quinn's mannerisms poking through.
Quote:
Quinn chewed his cheek in thought.
That's something Sith!Quinn does quite often.
This is true. There are a few other markers.
Yes, but no spoilers!
Hnnfh.

iamthehoyden
09.24.2012 , 11:31 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
I haven't fully decided that yet, but you can see some of Sith!Quinn's mannerisms poking through.

That's something Sith!Quinn does quite often.
This is true. There are a few other markers.
Yes, but no spoilers!
Hnnfh.
I wondered, I caught a couple things here and there.... <Goes looking for more Sithy Quinn stuff.> If I don't come back, send out a search party.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

irishfino
09.24.2012 , 12:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I wondered, I caught a couple things here and there.... <Goes looking for more Sithy Quinn stuff.> If I don't come back, send out a search party.
No.
Yes, I'll send out a party.
No!
Don't be rude.
Hnnfh.

irishfino
10.11.2012 , 06:41 PM | #29
They call me Malavai. Mischievous Malavai!

“No, no, like this,” the Captain said gently. He readjusted Malavai’s hold on the blaster for the hundredth time with the practice and patience of a seasoned father.

“Like this?” Malavai asked quietly.

“Yes, that’s perfect. Now, look down the barrel to the scope and line up your shot.”

Malavai did just that. When the Captain was confident Malavai had his shot lined up he nodded at him to fire. Jaesa squeaked as a small dart embedded itself in her left buttock.

“Malavai! Captain!” she admonished.

“That was almost perfect,” the Captain said proudly.

Malavai giggled quietly.

“You’re incorrigible, Captain,” Jaesa pouted.

The Captain simply smiled.

“They don’t call me Mischievous Malavai for nothing, Miss Jaesa!”

They laughed.

Notes:

Spoiler

MilaniGrey
10.11.2012 , 06:48 PM | #30
Bwuahahaha. Yay, more Mischievous Malavai.
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!