Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unstable Server Lag, Regular Dropouts, Unstable FPS Meter

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Unstable Server Lag, Regular Dropouts, Unstable FPS Meter

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

maracole
09.08.2012 , 06:51 PM | #1
Since Wed's patch I have had all of the title of this post. Pre Wed's patch, Lag, Dropouts and my Fps instability were non existent, never happened, I have not made any changes on my end what so ever, aside from downloading and installing the patch.

I have changed nothing to cause this and it would seem the only change is what was introduced on Wed, please correct it, it's not on our side, it's server side I believe, as a few others have suggested.

The game was performing perfectly pre Wed's patch now it's not, like a few other threads have mentioned.

I am not new to fixing problems and have tried all the relevant trouble shooting operations, i would really like to get back too SWTOR operations instead lol

Beruthien
09.08.2012 , 06:58 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings maracole,

We are currently investigating the reported performance issues since the latest patch.

We would ask that you post your DxDiag in this sticky, so we can continue to investigate the issue.

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have further questions.

Thank you.
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Elkirin
09.08.2012 , 07:03 PM | #3
Same issues, multiple lost connections since wednesdays patch. no updates to comp otherwise.

Before wednesdays patch a t3 timeout warning on my cable modem would cause only an ingame lagspike. The old invisible wall that self fixed.

After wednesdays patch it causes a lost conn warning red cross ingame, Plus it boots me to server selection, and sometimes snafu's my internet connection. This loss of internet does not occur until I exit the server select screen.

Before responding with a further request for another dxdiag please carry out the following steps;
Read the multiple threads,
check what was changed in the patch wednesday,
notify subscribers of the date fixes will be applied.

Thank you

maracole
09.08.2012 , 11:51 PM | #4
Thanks for the reply I Posted a DxDiag in the stickied thread.

SithSamael
09.09.2012 , 02:10 AM | #5
I'm having the same issues since the patch. Glad to know it's nothing on my end. Please get this fixed asap though. Sucks getting dced especially in a op or wz.

Dave_Robbens
09.09.2012 , 03:33 AM | #6
Hi i have been getting Disconnects since march sumitted numerous tickets tried the suggested fixes for it none have worked
I used to be able to play for hours at a time now it drops me around twice an hour making warzones alomost impossible to play as you get dumped back at fleet and have to que up again
everything changed after an update so BW created the issue but BW seem un willing to admit that there is a problem and try and fob you off saying its at your end when it clearly is not the case
Just fix the Damn game we pay a subscription for this so provide the service we pay for

Dave Robbens

maracole
09.09.2012 , 09:06 PM | #7
A couple of things I've noticed.

1, if you select a default graphics setting and change it from the default ie; select very high and remove bloom and shadows to get better FPS, the FPS meter changes from being mostly green to nearly always red, if left at default it stays mostly green. I can't run Bloom not unlike the majority of people, but can run "very High" mode with low shadows, low Anti-aliasing and no bloom, ambient occlusion is off.

2, If you repeatedly clear your internet cache it's slows, almost stops the frequency of crashing and increases FPS performance. Is it possible the internet cache is being overloaded ?

Elkirin
09.09.2012 , 09:21 PM | #8
Which internet cache? I am confused.

shuasage
09.09.2012 , 09:34 PM | #9
I've been playing this game since release but the recent patch has made it impossible to play even at the lowest graphical settings. I quit playing 2 days ago and I hope a patch this coming week will fix it. Until then, I guess I'll attend to my slacking social life...

maracole
09.09.2012 , 11:46 PM | #10
@ Elkirin, the DNS cache. In chrome it's under tools-clear browsing data-empty cache. For internet explorer it's tools-internet options-browsing history.