Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The trash skipping is staggering.

Hessen
09.08.2012 , 07:38 PM | #21
Once upon a time there was a mexican fisherman...
Twisted
EU - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
16m Raiding Guild - Recruiting

scullzomben
09.08.2012 , 07:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ster-Ling View Post
I don't think anybody is arguing that trash = content. It's the FPs and Ops that are the content. But if you blow through a FP in 10 minutes of play instead of 30, you consume the content much faster.
That's not really an argument when the only content at the moment in the Flashpoints and Ops are bosses. So, if I am watching a TV show, and I skip the commercials, am I consuming the content too fast?

I honestly don't mind fighting bonus bosses and what not every now and then, but when I am on a 4/5 BH character and going for that last piece, the tionese belt that drops from a bonus boss really is not worth wasting the time killing X of Y, and destroying A of B.

As for trash, there is simply no reason to fight them. The only ones that pose even a slight threat are the ones on Kaon if your group cant figure out to CC the Mercs. I'd be all for fighting the trash if they had cool or threatening mechanics, but 90% of the time, trash comes down to tank pull them all in close and just unload your aoe for 5 seconds. It is usually more fun to try and find ways to get around something that to just fight it. That is a problem.

Cakellene
09.08.2012 , 07:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
That's not really an argument when the only content at the moment in the Flashpoints and Ops are bosses. So, if I am watching a TV show, and I skip the commercials, am I consuming the content too fast?

I honestly don't mind fighting bonus bosses and what not every now and then, but when I am on a 4/5 BH character and going for that last piece, the tionese belt that drops from a bonus boss really is not worth wasting the time killing X of Y, and destroying A of B.

As for trash, there is simply no reason to fight them. The only ones that pose even a slight threat are the ones on Kaon if your group cant figure out to CC the Mercs. I'd be all for fighting the trash if they had cool or threatening mechanics, but 90% of the time, trash comes down to tank pull them all in close and just unload your aoe for 5 seconds. It is usually more fun to try and find ways to get around something that to just fight it. That is a problem.
I think a better analogy is buying an 1,000 page book and skipping to ending, then saying the book is too short.
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn don't you understand?

Hessen
09.08.2012 , 07:54 PM | #24
As for trash, there is simply no reason to fight them.
Because it's fun.

The whole world doesn't revolve around winning virtual shinies.
Twisted

Ster-Ling
09.08.2012 , 07:56 PM | #25
That's not really an argument when the only content at the moment in the Flashpoints and Ops are bosses.
This is a false dichotomy. It isn't the case that bosses are the content and the trash isn't. The flashpoint is the content. The Op is the content. The whole thing, not just bosses. Sure, you can argue that the bosses are the only parts which are challenging--and you'd be wrong. Tthe first few trash pulls in Red Reaper are harder fights by far than any of the bosses in that instance. In EV, one of the "bosses" consists of waves of trash.

And anyway, players aren't just skipping trash, but skipping bosses as well. Then complaining that there isn't anything to do in the game.

Now as for me, I agree there isn't enough to do in the game, but I don't say that having spacebarred through every VO and skipped every trash pull.

scullzomben
09.08.2012 , 07:57 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cakellene View Post
I think a better analogy is buying an 1,000 page book and skipping to ending, then saying the book is too short.
100% agree. Pages 1-985 were written by an illiterate drunk, and the last 15 written by Shakespeare.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hessen View Post
Because it's fun.

If fun for you is running around as a Maraderp and Smash bombing everything in sight, then my hat goes off to you. But for me, challenging is fun. There is nothing challenging at all about trash in flashpoints.

Cakellene
09.08.2012 , 08:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hessen View Post
Because it's fun.

Agreed, I personally hate when GF gets a group together and they skip half the level.
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn don't you understand?

Hessen
09.08.2012 , 08:07 PM | #28
If fun for you is running around as a Maraderp and Smash bombing everything in sight, then my hat goes off to you. But for me, challenging is fun. There is nothing challenging at all about trash in flashpoints.
There is nothing challenging about 99% of the game's content. If you only find fun in the remaining 1%, I pity you.
Twisted

Arkerus
09.08.2012 , 08:08 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
It's not a bad thing in itself (except when your newbie DPS aggro two packs and run toward you), but it shows how well the game was tested.
I'm quite sure it was done be design. You don't leave gaping holes in the mobs for no reason. They could easily block everything off but they don't.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Oldmaveric
09.08.2012 , 08:14 PM | #30
I think this is what we call, they care about looks over utility.

Game devs don't normally expect us to do things we do because they are so proud of what they have done they overlook smaller details.
Level 50 trooper
Vanguard
Republic Player