Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The trash skipping is staggering.

Angedechu
09.08.2012 , 11:48 AM | #1
It's not a bad thing in itself (except when your newbie DPS aggro two packs and run toward you), but it shows how well the game was tested.

Lexlo
09.08.2012 , 11:55 AM | #2
Eh, I'm not against it if people are just running FPs for quick commendations.

It bothers me when people skip mobs, beat the flashpoint and complain about lack of content.
Prophecy of the Five
<WAR>|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:| |:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|<LTW>
Twitch.TV

chuixupu
09.08.2012 , 11:59 AM | #3
If you're level 50, chances are you're not going to get anything significant off trash mobs. You might get lucky and get a cool drop, but you'll probably get more out of the time saved to run another FP. I am pretty sure they purposely built the side routes so that people could skip trash if they wanted to.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Hunny_Bun
09.08.2012 , 12:02 PM | #4
Personally I always assumed it was deliberate
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Andryah
09.08.2012 , 12:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hunny_Bun View Post
Personally I always assumed it was deliberate
I agree that the ability to skip them is there by design.

This just proves that if you hand a player any kind of option or freeom, the player wlll stick themselves in the eye with it and then complain that Bioware let them do it.

Seriously though. The average modern MMO player plays for reward gratification over actual embrace and enjoyment of the content. There is little appreciation to relax and embrace the experience... they just want to grind for quick rewads. So Bioware took the right approach (meeting the players needs), even though it enables players to further marginalize their in game experience. IMO, trash mobs should be ganked and killed because they are there. But most people (and well before this game very launched) want to rush rush rush through an instance. This is why I don't PUG in MMOs anymore. I don't need some weenie in the group constantly yelling "go GO GO" and prodding the tank with a cattle prod to pull.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

ancksunamur
09.08.2012 , 12:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexlo View Post
Eh, I'm not against it if people are just running FPs for quick commendations.

It bothers me when people skip mobs, beat the flashpoint and complain about lack of content.
Seriously you call trash pulls content? I can somewhat understand the mini bosses but skipping the trash to Kephaas just speeds up a run when your gear out alts and newbies. Its not like you have a real chance at wiping on the trash, you just want to save time on the run ur on. It's like saying all those mobs off to the side should be attacked before you attack the boss. Am gonna complete HM EC in one night regardless, am gonna complete HM LI in under 30 mins no matter what.

MollyDresden
09.08.2012 , 12:50 PM | #7
I agree that the 'gogogo' mentality does annoy me, and I usually want to clear a flashpoint for loot... but I wouldn't agree that trash counts as 'content'. I play this game for the story aspect, and I get irritated by the amount of grinding I have to do in higher levels, and with 'kill X number of these' quests. It's just dull repetition. I want them to add more story content, not throw more trash mobs in front of me that I have to plow through.

ancksunamur
09.08.2012 , 12:58 PM | #8
Its funny actually to hear all that cause as a tank I get yelled at no matter what do. I only run my daily fp for bh gear for alts. And you get told to speed up slow down and why didn't we skip this, the mini boss is a waste, why didn't we do a mini boss. I love the story but I've seen it a thousand times, but if its someones first time in there most nights I won't bother anyone who wants to take their time to see it the videos. But what I will do is slow a group down to a near snail pace so the go go go guy leaves or just gets completely pissed off. I don't need to be there, and most people are just inconsiderate. People just need more empathy in their life.

Wraiven
09.08.2012 , 03:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
It's not a bad thing in itself (except when your newbie DPS aggro two packs and run toward you), but it shows how well the game was tested.
Sometimes, as I am leveling up, I prefer to kill everything in sight. But after hitting 50 and I just want the social runs or orange items that drop...if I had to kill everything in sight I would not run them. I think it was tested rather well.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Vegabond
09.08.2012 , 03:37 PM | #10
I skip trash as much as I can, I want my comms and to be out of the flashpoint if you are level 50.. Sub 50, well depends if its a terrible group or not to go for maybe bonus boss/objectives.