Tumult???????

spond

I was doing some quickbar modifications and noticed that this skill was on it. I had to actually look it up since I have never used this skill ; well maybe a couple of times when I actually got it back in Jan.

Does anyone actually use this power? I find it to be completely useless.

I was doing some quickbar modifications and noticed that this skill was on it. I had to actually look it up since I have never used this skill ; well maybe a couple of times when I actually got it back in Jan.

Does anyone actually use this power? I find it to be completely useless.

I do not use any ability that I can not use against Bosses or PvP. Otherwise I would be all over it.

As an assassin, I found this ability incredibly useful while leveling: It's good free damage when you use CC. Now, I can understand sorcerers not using it much (due to its short range), but for an assassin, it's a very solid (if situational) ability. In fact, I distinctly remembering having to wait to break CC on occasions because tumult had a few seconds left on its cooldown.

Every class gets at least one version of this ability (I believe my sniper has two: one melee and one ranged) and for some reason folks love to complain about them: Usually, the complaint seems to comes down to 'I can't use it in PvP, so what good is it?' It's not the best ability in the game, but it is a very solid addition to your leveling toolbox.

As an assassin, I found this ability incredibly useful while leveling: It's good free damage when you use CC. Now, I can understand sorcerers not using it much (due to its short range), but for an assassin, it's a very solid (if situational) ability. In fact, I distinctly remembering having to wait to break CC on occasions because tumult had a few seconds left on its cooldown.

Every class gets at least one version of this ability (I believe my sniper has two: one melee and one ranged) and for some reason folks love to complain about them: Usually, the complaint seems to comes down to 'I can't use it in PvP, so what good is it?' It's not the best ability in the game, but it is a very solid addition to your leveling toolbox.

I have leveled 6 50s. Never used it, personally. Considering by the time you actually get it, you already have tools in your arsenal to replace it, I just never had much use for it. To each their own I guess, I just never had a real use for it.

Edited by Wraiven

I find it great as a darkness spec for grinding dailies and on trash in flashpoints. It's force efficient, hits hard, great animation and when combined with shock will two shot most weak mobs.

However, on my sage who never does anything but ops and warzones it's off my hotbar :/

My gunslinger used his for dailies as well. When my heal comp has a weak mob stunned u can usually one shot with headshot or whatever it's called. Never found it practical in flashpoint though.

Edited by enoax

I find it great as a darkness spec for grinding dailies and on trash in flashpoints. It's force efficient, hits hard, great animation and when combined with shock will two shot most weak mobs.

However, on my sage who never does anything but ops and warzones it's off my hotbar :/

My gunslinger used his for dailies as well. When my heal comp has a weak mob stunned u can usually one shot with headshot or whatever it's called. Never found it practical in flashpoint though.

I was playing with it on BH dailies and I know why I stopped using it. It messes with rotation and doesn't work in PVP. Doesn't help proc any of the bonus powers. I did use it a lot when leveling to conserve force (remembered that) but at 50, it just doesn't do the job. Overload can destroy trash mobs at 50 if you gear right and crit.

I hope you are kidding. Overload is worthless as dps, knocks the trash out of range of your groups/companions aoe, and increases the gap between you and them.

As for a purely defensive tank spec burning down trash.... I'm always out of force and a force-free hard hard hitting melee skill is a blessing. For deception / madness you may be right in regards to 'rotation' and having some better to cast.

Edited by enoax

I hope you are kidding. Overload is worthless as dps, knocks the trash out of range of your groups/companions aoe, and increases the gap between you and them.

As for a purely defensive tank spec burning down trash.... I'm always out of force and a force-free hard hard hitting melee skill is a blessing. For deception / madness you may be right in regards to 'rotation' and having some better to cast.

My point was when reviewing your power choice with trash "tumult" is way down on the list. I can DPS down trash with the rakata set bonus alone.