Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

think gunsligners got screwed companion wise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
think gunsligners got screwed companion wise

Nucairion
09.08.2012 , 10:54 AM | #1
as the titles suggests i htink gunslingers really get screwed when it comps to companion order. i mean its all well and good scoundrel getting healer companion last as they can heal BUT GUNSLINGERS CANT bowdaar is ok if well geared same with corso but if they die in a tuff fight at least lowe lvls (currently lvl 29) u dont have to much survivability agaisnt 2 mobs or an elite that packs a punch. wot on earth psssed bioware to say they gave companion order a think as to when they need each role the most when sligners really coulda used healer as second companion not a second tanking one
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

vdeity
09.08.2012 , 11:59 AM | #2

Nucairion
09.08.2012 , 12:52 PM | #3
well clearly some people are not as hardcore player as u. only reason u posted that imo was to brag that u did that. fyi healer comps are always the best used for dps to get it so late in game with an ac that has no self heals and cant take damage to well its a joke u get it so late in game when other classes get handed there healer comanions before or on balmorra
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

TripleDaddy
09.08.2012 , 01:31 PM | #4
I just took my gunslinger to 50 and never used Guss, hilarious as he is. Corso is my bro.

Why are you pulling two mobs at once? That's just bad tactics.

jedip_enguin
09.08.2012 , 01:40 PM | #5
I think the way my gunslinger got its comps was actually pretty good, and allowed for me to more evenly use them than I did with my trooper or BH (who get their healer very early and never looked back)

Corso was fantastic early game with the presence bonus from having maxed my trooper companions affection he killed packs of mobs practically on his own.

Bowdar is not awesome functionally wise but he's a freaking Wookie so he gets a pass from me.

Akaavi is like a combo of Bowdar and Corso with higher dps, which is great but she's really boring

Risha is a DPS machine when you first get her, my TTK when using her was hilariously low

Even after I got Guss, I very rarely used him as a Gunslinger, as his chatter pissed me off and cut my TTK way down.
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

vdeity
09.08.2012 , 01:51 PM | #6

Gassygunslinger
09.08.2012 , 01:51 PM | #7
Yeah, I have to agree that the order is a bit skewed. Why is the order, Tank, (Another) Tank, Damage, (Another) Damage, Healing?

Personally, I think the companion order should give you some diversity. The way it's set up now, the second and fourth companion don't give you any more options. Tank, Damage, Healing, for the first three would have been much nicer.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

Mordeguy
09.08.2012 , 02:52 PM | #8
You're not wrong about the order being strange. You don't really need a healer most times though. You can instantly heal up a companion by dismissing and resummoning. Now yes, there are times when a fight is pretty tough and a healer would be nice, but as evident by all the level 50 gunslingers, it can be done.

criminalheretic
09.08.2012 , 02:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by vdeity View Post
I got my Smuggler to level 50 without an advanced class.
And I didn't use Guss even after I got him.

If I can do it as a Smuggler (basically only spamming Charged Shot and Vital on Strong/Elites), then any Gunslinger should be able to do it too.
Why? I mean I am seriously asking, as I have seen a number of people do this. A few who have even popped into lvl 50 pvp. Is it fear of commitment or...?
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Ominovin
09.08.2012 , 02:56 PM | #10
Inquisitors have it slightly worse: We also get our healer on Hoth, but he's not even our last companion: We get our 'ranged tank' in an interlude between Voss and Corillia.

Imperial agents are nearly as bad, but they get their healer two planets earlier (if you call Quesh a full planet).

If you really need heals, you can gear up your ship droid: It's a PITA to do (since he uses droid parts and can't use a weapon) but he can keep you alive. My Marauder went this route on Balmorra until he got his 'real' healer at the end of that planet (mind you, this was before they improved Warrior leveling back in 1.2 or so).