Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dark Reaper could appear in TOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Dark Reaper could appear in TOR?

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.07.2012 , 08:31 PM | #1
For those of you who don't know what the Dark Reaper is here ya go.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Reaper

I think it would be rather interesting to see it make an appearance in the game, not only that it could also set the stage for introducing Raxus Prime into the game being that the power source that powers the super weapon is on said planet. Perhaps not actually introducing the weapon itself, but could make for a nice story in some of the force user classes or just have it be a planet quest where the Republic is trying to stop the Empire from gaining control over the power source and reconstructing the weapon.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqpYk...etailpage#t=6s - Relevant vid is relevant.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.07.2012 , 08:56 PM | #2
It is possible. I think it would be interesting to see it in there. Most likely being involved in a Republic flashpoint or operation.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.07.2012 , 09:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It is possible. I think it would be interesting to see it in there. Most likely being involved in a Republic flashpoint or operation.
Hmm....I think it would be best it so as it could introduce Raxus Prime. But then again, the planet story could lead up to the flashpoint of operation after you complete it. So this way there would be a new planet, and a flashpoint to go along with said planet's story.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.07.2012 , 09:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Hmm....I think it would be best it so as it could introduce Raxus Prime. But then again, the planet story could lead up to the flashpoint of operation after you complete it. So this way there would be a new planet, and a flashpoint to go along with said planet's story.
I think Raxus Prime would be an interesting planet to do some questing. Maybe a Raxus Prime warzone as well. It would be an interesting planet and an interesting quest line if it dealt with the Dark Reaper.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
09.07.2012 , 09:34 PM | #5
I was actually thinking about this a few nights ago. No idea why, but I was. In the video game based off of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Star Wars The Clone Wars (no, it has nothing to do with that silly show on Cartoon Network, this game was made in the early 2000's) the Dark Reaper's origins were talked about a bit when Anakin met the spirit of the forum fallen jedi who first destroyed it.

It would make sense to have it in TOR, though...I'm sure when it was first shown in the Star Wars universe.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.07.2012 , 10:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
I was actually thinking about this a few nights ago. No idea why, but I was. In the video game based off of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones Star Wars The Clone Wars (no, it has nothing to do with that silly show on Cartoon Network, this game was made in the early 2000's) the Dark Reaper's origins were talked about a bit when Anakin met the spirit of the forum fallen jedi who first destroyed it.

It would make sense to have it in TOR, though...I'm sure when it was first shown in the Star Wars universe.
Ya thats where the vid I posted is from. Ulic Qel Droma stopped the Reaper, its first appearance was in the Star Wars The Clone Wars game. In fact thats its only appearance, but anyway I think it should be expanded on and introduced into TOR it is a rather unique super weapon itself.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

SmugglersLuck's Avatar


SmugglersLuck
09.08.2012 , 12:49 AM | #7
I support this idea. It would be an interesting expansion.
Darth Zumiya
The Keeper of Light Walker of Dreams

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.08.2012 , 07:30 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SmugglersLuck View Post
I support this idea. It would be an interesting expansion.
Ype, yep. Hope the devs have taken a look but then probably should have put it in suggestion...but thought it was more of a lore thing.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ReiKai's Avatar


ReiKai
09.08.2012 , 08:41 AM | #9
I don't think it'd be as interesting as some imagine. For one, that game seems to take a dive into the non-canon spectrum. And such a weapon would've served little purpose in the Great Hyperspace War, as Naga Sadow's prime weapon against the Republic seemed to be his own powers of Sith Sorcery and casting mass illusions upon them across multiple worlds and battlefronts to give his armies the advantage.

In any event, even if that games events were canon, bringing the Dark Reaper into SWTOR would mean breaking that canon by finding and taking the parts of it from their resting places and using it prior to Dooku's discovery of the device. Besides, SWTOR has tons of Rakatan tech going around for super weapons and such devices, so the Dark Reaper would be like a drop of water in a bucket.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.08.2012 , 08:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
I don't think it'd be as interesting as some imagine. For one, that game seems to take a dive into the non-canon spectrum. And such a weapon would've served little purpose in the Great Hyperspace War, as Naga Sadow's prime weapon against the Republic seemed to be his own powers of Sith Sorcery and casting mass illusions upon them across multiple worlds and battlefronts to give his armies the advantage.

In any event, even if that games events were canon, bringing the Dark Reaper into SWTOR would mean breaking that canon by finding and taking the parts of it from their resting places and using it prior to Dooku's discovery of the device. Besides, SWTOR has tons of Rakatan tech going around for super weapons and such devices, so the Dark Reaper would be like a drop of water in a bucket.
The parts wouldn't be found, its the power source that would be found nothing else. Also ya that game is canon, theres nothing really that suggest that it isn't. But it would only be the power source that is found on Raxus Prime, giving a reason to introduce said planet into the game and only the weapon itself getting a reference not actually showing it or doing anything with it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.