Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Anakin's fall wasn't an instant..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why Anakin's fall wasn't an instant..

SethMorganaa
09.08.2012 , 12:41 AM | #11
Hi,

Wolf, ur spot on!

Being a fan of films for over many years, I could see this in Anakin. A very painful life indeed!

Thanks for posting this, cause although I saw this originally, I will watch again, and take it in even more.

And when u have suffered all that pain (knowing form true life experiences), how can you think properly in certain situations.

It made him more real for me.

GarfieldJL
09.08.2012 , 07:19 PM | #12
I will say this, if I were Anakin, I would have stabbed the Emperor instead of attacking Mace Windu, cause for all I knew that force vision was of Palpatine torturing Padme to death...

Then again there a lot of things Anakin did that I would never have done.

Joushigun
09.08.2012 , 07:50 PM | #13
Anikin didn't so much as fall...he sauntered.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Aurbere
09.08.2012 , 08:00 PM | #14
Anakins fall was building up from his first encounter with Palpatine. Palpatine slowly manipulating Anakin over like 14 years. He was slipping in Dark Side teachings disguised as something beeneficial. When Anakin attacked Mace Windu he was conflicted. His duty to the Jedi demanded him to help Windu defeat the Sith, but his duty to his wife required him to save her at any cost. Unfortunately, doing so would require him to make a deal with the devil. What comes next seems fast and it is. Palpatine needs to keep Anakin's mind occupied with the thoughts of Padme. He tells him that he needs to become a Sith to save her. Thus, he attacks the Jedi Temple which sends him further down the path of the Dark Side.

But Palpatine is using Anakin, of course. After the assault on the Temple, he sends the newly anointed Darth Vader to Mustafar. Killing the Separatist leaders would send him even farther down the path. The final stroke is Anakin's duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi. Win or lose, his journey towards the Dark Side would be complete.

These scenes seem rushed, but knowing what happens behind the scenes sheds more light on his fall.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Atumus
09.09.2012 , 07:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post

But Palpatine is using Anakin, of course. After the assault on the Temple, he sends the newly anointed Darth Vader to Mustafar. Killing the Separatist leaders would send him even farther down the path.
I have a slightly different opinion, I have always thought that Vader was sent to Mustafar and kill the Sep Leaders as a way for Palp to "prove" they where the "good guys" after all.

After Windu and then the attack on the Temple Vader was sent to "end the war" and brought about the "peace" the galaxy needed. Vader needed to be removed from the picture, but at the same time rewarded for what he had done, and the Sep Leaders were that reward.

Aurbere
09.09.2012 , 09:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Atumus View Post
I have a slightly different opinion, I have always thought that Vader was sent to Mustafar and kill the Sep Leaders as a way for Palp to "prove" they where the "good guys" after all.

After Windu and then the attack on the Temple Vader was sent to "end the war" and brought about the "peace" the galaxy needed. Vader needed to be removed from the picture, but at the same time rewarded for what he had done, and the Sep Leaders were that reward.
The separatist leaders were unarmed and the Jedi Code dictates that you don't kill unarmed prisoners. But I see Anakin killing them no matter what side he was on.

I don't see the Separatist leaders as a reward exactly. Palpatine needed them out of the picture and Vader was the perfect tool to do that.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus