Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don"t play as new inquisitors!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Don"t play as new inquisitors!!!!!!

BigKingKaz
09.07.2012 , 12:58 PM | #11
For just being tricked in to subscribing and a couple of hours later in the same night I encounter this bug? Its a shame and really makes me want my money and time back.

BigKingKaz
09.07.2012 , 01:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DPCummerbund View Post
Here's a walkthrough of the quest:

At the Foot of the Colossus

So, um, other people have clearly done it. If it's truly bugged, please let us know.
Wow you're... ever heard of a new bug? A patch that breaks games? Ever actually worked on games? Do you even know what a bug is? Stupid comments get stupid remarks back. Obviously I had a problem or I wouldn't have taken the damn time to say anything.

Khevar
09.07.2012 , 01:27 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BigKingKaz View Post
For just being tricked in to subscribing and a couple of hours later in the same night I encounter this bug? Its a shame and really makes me want my money and time back.
I get that your angry, but I would recommend you take a deep breath instead.

Heck, I ran into that bug last night on my SI, filled out a ticket and then went and did something else instead. When they fix it I'll continue the quest.

"Tricked" into subscribing? You make it sound like Dr. Evil is trying to personally figure out how to make your life miserable or something.

BigKingKaz
09.07.2012 , 01:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

Heck, I ran into that bug last night on my SI, filled out a ticket and then went and did something else instead. When they fix it I'll continue the quest.

"Tricked" into subscribing? You make it sound like Dr. Evil is trying to personally figure out how to make your life miserable or something.
I was told I was gonna be able to go further in the game if I paid for it, so I did and now only to be halted by this. I just bought it... that's a horrible first impression. I'm just wanting anyone new starting this game to know this. This isn't Facebook bro, where everyone just sits around picking apart what others are writing. ****... Go play the game if you can..

Bird_of_Thunder
09.07.2012 , 06:50 PM | #15
Troll alert. call the troll police. this bug... haven't encountered it. I played through the Conflagration part no prob three days ago
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

BigKingKaz
09.07.2012 , 09:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
Troll alert. call the troll police. this bug... haven't encountered it. I played through the Conflagration part no prob three days ago
Sorry bud, I'm not talking about conflagration. I'm talking about "at the foot of the colossus". Either way its a known bug the EA recognizes. Read first. Then try to TROLL hunt.

DPCummerbund
09.08.2012 , 12:22 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DPCummerbund View Post
Here's a walkthrough of the quest:

At the Foot of the Colossus

So, um, other people have clearly done it. If it's truly bugged, please let us know.
Wow you're... ever heard of a new bug? A patch that breaks games? Ever actually worked on games? Do you even know what a bug is? Stupid comments get stupid remarks back. Obviously I had a problem or I wouldn't have taken the damn time to say anything.
Yes, I know what a bug is. And when I said "So, um, other people have clearly done it. If it's truly bugged, please let us know," that's what I meant. As it turns out, it is bugged now. You are correct. It was not bugged previously, but it is bugged now. Considering that all Inquisitors at or below that quest can't continue until that bug is fixed, it's clearly a major problem. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that BW is working on a fix, and has it as a high priority.

I'm not a BW fanboy, but I believe BW will fix this, and soon. Thus, I think your thread title of "Don't play as new inquisitors!" seems a little overstated. Are you really suggesting that an entire class should be avoided simply because it has one bug in it right now? It is YOU who appear to misunderstand what a bug is.

Instead of avoiding the class altogether, or harboring thoughts about how BW "tricked" you (which implies that they created this situation intentionally, which I doubt is true), consider this instead:

Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist

Ravnik
09.11.2012 , 05:29 AM | #18
I sense a LOT of anger in all of your posting so far, even directed at people replying. Being polite will get help, being aggressive will not. Anger is the path to the dark side, and you are already very far along that path..
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly..........

Rassuro
09.11.2012 , 06:40 AM | #19
I'm not trolling I'm just pssed
If you want to be taken seriously, and if you don't want people to respond to you with an aggressive attitude, then maybe you shouldn't use an aggressive attitude against other people either?

And its been days
If you actually think that a few days is too long to fix a bug like this (which was not game breaking, only stopped some players from progressing in the class story temporarily), then you should stop using computers, you will never be happy.

For the developers, confirming that there is a bug, finding why it doesn't work, fixing it, testing it, and pushing it to the live servers will always take some time, in SWTOR, as well as in every other game or other piece of software.

And its been days, I'm just warning noobs like myself don't choose inquisitors or you'l be waiting for shoddy customer service.
The "shoddy customer service" has already given many replies on this very issue, in the forum where it belongs, the one titled "Customer Service".

In short, keep calm and carry on.

Also this bug should be fixed in the patch which was released earlier today.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

Khevar
09.11.2012 , 08:49 AM | #20
I can confirm it's fixed. Finished that quest this morning.