Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Don"t play as new inquisitors!!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Don"t play as new inquisitors!!!!!!

BigKingKaz
09.07.2012 , 04:24 AM | #1
You will only be halted by a stupid bug that won't allow you to play on any further than level 18. But you'll hit the glitch at level 10 if your fast. The glitch is on the quest "At the foot of the colossus" on Dromund Kaas. Have fun on any other class though. If your dead set on inquisitor, go play Guild Wars 2.

Varturius
09.07.2012 , 08:00 AM | #2
So what's the "bug" exactly?
<This Space for Rent>

kalimarr
09.07.2012 , 08:35 AM | #3
I can haz lightsabre in Guild Wars 2?

Bad-Wolf
09.07.2012 , 09:00 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BigKingKaz View Post
You will only be halted by a stupid bug that won't allow you to play on any further than level 18. But you'll hit the glitch at level 10 if your fast. The glitch is on the quest "At the foot of the colossus" on Dromund Kaas. Have fun on any other class though. If your dead set on inquisitor, go play Guild Wars 2.
funny thing is i just completed all quests on DK with my 2nd inquisitor and not had a problem..and whats gw2 got to do with anything? that game doesnt even compare to this game..like comparing apples and oranges.

JacksonMo
09.07.2012 , 10:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bad-Wolf View Post
funny thing is i just completed all quests on DK with my 2nd inquisitor and not had a problem..and whats gw2 got to do with anything? that game doesnt even compare to this game..like comparing apples and oranges.
Do you smell a troll? I smell a troll. Do you think OP works for that other half-baked disaster of a game?

joenewbie
09.07.2012 , 11:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Do you smell a troll? I smell a troll. Do you think OP works for that other half-baked disaster of a game?
Being that this is the only post OP has ever posted, yeah, smells like troll to me too, with a bit of, never played SWTOR and is just stirring the pot.
Roll your alts first, make the mistakes that teach you lessons, then roll your main and enjoy the ride.

DPCummerbund
09.07.2012 , 11:40 AM | #7
Here's a walkthrough of the quest:

At the Foot of the Colossus

So, um, other people have clearly done it. If it's truly bugged, please let us know.
"Have you seen what the Sith are wearing? It's like every fashion designer in the galaxy went over to the Dark Side." - Kira Carsen
"You there! I'm drafting you into the Imperial Reclamation Service's... service." - Lieutenant Whist

Otembe
09.07.2012 , 11:44 AM | #8
There does exist a bug on certain quests. I noticed the same thing on Ord Mantell after the latest patch, where turning in one class mission failed to clear the mission from my log or convert the phased area to the next mission.

Since I did at least get the next mission, I went out and did it, then reset the old mission from my mission log window. This reset the phased area and I was able to turn in the new mission and resume normal play. Then I submitted a bug report using the Customer Help button in the game UI.

Edited to Add: The mission turn-in issue is listed among the "known issues" targeted for high priority fixing in this thread from the community managers. The ugnaughts are working on it.

metalfenix
09.07.2012 , 12:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Otembe View Post
Edited to Add: The mission turn-in issue is listed among the "known issues" targeted for high priority fixing in this thread from the community managers. The ugnaughts are working on it.
LOL you sir, won the internets today

Yes, actually, there are some mission breaking bugs on some class quests of SI, one is the colossus mission already mentiones, the other, in the last mission of chapter 2 (conflagration). I won't spoil it for you, but enough to say, you cannot advance in the quest.

I almost unsubbed out of rage in wednesday (my sorcerer toon is stuck on the conflagration mission), after the news of nerfs of overload and electrocute for sorcs, they come and broke the class missions. Fortunately, I'm rolling a marauder now.
Koltowolf'Raf Commando Healer / Raf'HiredHealer Mercenary Healer
Rafa-el Scoundrel Healer
Server: The Harbinger

BigKingKaz
09.07.2012 , 12:54 PM | #10
I'm not trolling I'm just pssed, I just bought the game and the questline for my character has been broken by a "KNOWN BUG". And its been days, I'm just warning noobs like myself don't choose inquisitors or you'l be waiting for shoddy customer service. Go to the bug forum. You'll see hundreds of people complaining about it. its the "At the foot of the colossus" mission.