Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

Tim-ONeil
09.13.2012 , 04:23 PM | #21
I specifically went out and upped my RAM from 6GB to 12GB just so I can use this while still streaming video/listening to music/etc on a second monitor and playing TOR.

Thank you VERY much for an excellent tool. 5 stars.
Rhèy Phin
Kýló Nemonica
The Ren Legacy Server: Ebon Hawk US/EAST

exca
09.13.2012 , 04:46 PM | #22
I would have to update it to make the tool "authorized" button point to this thread instead of the old one.
Server : Darth Nihilus (FR) Characters : Exca, Universe Guild : Escadron Nemesis
Dev de : SWTOR Unleashed (FR) - augmente la fluidité de SWTOR
Dev of : SWTOR Unleashed (US) - raises SWTOR fluidity

exca
09.13.2012 , 04:49 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by huehuebrbr View Post
this is great!

i only have 8 GB of ram and i would like to improve overall FPS specially on world pvp (i don't care about loadscreens), what should i prioritize? i marked main_art_fx_1.tor and all the main_art_dynamic_XXX.tor but there isn't enough RAM space so in my case, it's better to choose DiskCacheArena or those files?

another question, LocalApp (266mb) will improve overall FPS or it's just accessed when you change settings/change instance?

thanks
Answer is in the very first post :
What to check for which usage?
What to choose depending on my total RAM size?
Server : Darth Nihilus (FR) Characters : Exca, Universe Guild : Escadron Nemesis

huehuebrbr
09.13.2012 , 05:09 PM | #24
i saw but what i'm trying to ask is, for example:
Quote:
Add DiskCacheArena : the game cache file
This improves loadtimes, overall fps or both? if it increases FPS too like the FX files, which of the two is better? i can't fit both on my current RAM and i only care about FPS increase, not loadtimes (that's the whole point of my question)
thanks again

Gallifrayen
09.13.2012 , 05:56 PM | #25
So I tried this and it has improved my fps a lot BUT now my shadows are all messed up. looks as if they are set to low when I have it on high.

*edit

Sorry they don't look low, they are just pixelated high setting shadows instead of being smooth and they seem to be off center from where my character shadow should be.

**edit again

It would seem that turning my shadows off in game and then back on fixed everything.

Works great and is running smooth at 60fps up from 15-30. A lot more stable too havn't noticed any dips.

exca
09.13.2012 , 06:02 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by huehuebrbr View Post
i saw but what i'm trying to ask is, for example:

This improves loadtimes, overall fps or both? if it increases FPS too like the FX files, which of the two is better? i can't fit both on my current RAM and i only care about FPS increase, not loadtimes (that's the whole point of my question)
thanks again
I don't know, I suggest you give it a try and tell us.

exca
09.13.2012 , 06:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Gallifrayen View Post
So I tried this and it has improved my fps a lot BUT now my shadows are all messed up. looks as if they are set to low when I have it on high.

*edit

Sorry they don't look low, they are just pixelated high setting shadows instead of being smooth and they seem to be off center from where my character shadow should be.

**edit again

It would seem that turning my shadows off in game and then back on fixed everything.

Works great and is running smooth at 60fps up from 15-30. A lot more stable too havn't noticed any dips.
Thanks for the report. I hope it made your computer more worth its price

Gallifrayen
09.13.2012 , 06:31 PM | #28
Quick question though about the virtual drive, when I'm not playing Starwars is that ram free for use in other games or do I have to do something to allow that?

Ivoryhammer
09.13.2012 , 06:41 PM | #29
So I'm guessing this won't work on Windows XP?

Tim-ONeil
09.13.2012 , 07:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Gallifrayen View Post
Quick question though about the virtual drive, when I'm not playing Starwars is that ram free for use in other games or do I have to do something to allow that?
You'd have to remove it after you are finished or reboot to restore your ram. The removal button is easy to use, one click and everything is back to normal and it will remember your settings for next time.
Rhèy Phin
Kýló Nemonica
The Ren Legacy Server: Ebon Hawk US/EAST