Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oceanic Servers...

Tom_the_Narwhal
09.06.2012 , 08:34 PM | #1
I write this on behalf of all 3 Oceanic servers. Due to the sheer lack of population; doing any type of gameplay be it PvP, PvE or good old messing about on fleet is damn near impossible. Right now at 2:30 pm here in New Zealand there are 4 people on the republic fleet, FOUR. At peak its around 40-50. PvP takes an hour to pop then insta-finishes due to low team numbers and the only way you can get flashpoints/operations/ranked-warzones going is be cross-merging guilds and filling them up that way.

Please at least acknowledge that there is an issue and let us know what you are doing to fix it, whethers its merging all 3 servers, merging two, transfering us all to US servers or whatever it is, please just let us know.

The longer you leave us in the dark, the more tempting it is to just call it quits and go to another game that we can actually play. We need to know.

I am posting this here because the devs/mods/admins need to see it, and they need to know what is happening and none of us on the server are getting any replies in any other thread from anyone at EA or Bioware.
Tomthenarwhal
Ihaveabiggun Issues Cicolluis Tomthenarwhal
Fioria Fanta-Pants
Gm of <Legit>

Rincewend
09.06.2012 , 10:54 PM | #2
Hi Tom,

I am in asia too, when I first rolled a toon it was on our servers, and I say the population and feared it would drop. So before investing too much time I rolled on the Servers in the States, (I have a better connection tham most people in the states do). However even in the states when popluation started to drop (right after the first event) it took them months before they even started talking about merging servers. My fleet population had dropped to 20 peak, gave up all ideas of pvp and went and farmed supplies and dalies since no one was on. I think you have to prepare yourself for a long wait. Unless they are nice enough and reply to this thread and move you guys to the American servers. I suggest you send out a rally call and get people to post on this thread to keep it on top of the list.

Hope you get the transfer,

Rincewend/Xenodor org Tarro Blood -> now on CR

Tom_the_Narwhal
09.08.2012 , 07:35 PM | #3
No reply from customer service which I know is replying to almost everything else.

You've just confirmed my switch from this game to Guild Wars 2.

Thank you and goodbye.
Tomthenarwhal
Fioria Fanta-Pants
Gm of <Legit>

Elkirin
09.08.2012 , 08:43 PM | #4
As a fellow asia-pac player I would advise you to drop any recurring subscription you have and play out any remaining time while looking at a few other games. I love the Star Wars universe but I doubt we are currently getting any value for money.

We can always come back if any progress is made population wise.

Redplay
09.08.2012 , 09:02 PM | #5
A large population of Asia-Pac (SEA) players play on US servers, mainly because of the ironically, better connection. 400MS on Oceanic as compared to 200MS on US West Coast. Some have even stopped completely. Seems like EA/Bioware have prioritized certain target groups over others. SWTOR is only a game insofar, it is ultimately a profit-making business.

Tom_the_Narwhal
09.17.2012 , 04:18 PM | #6
Still no reply from anyone.

Also; I just saw that the server merges coming tonight don't include oceanic servers, well **** you too Bioware.
Tomthenarwhal
Fioria Fanta-Pants
Gm of <Legit>

scullzomben
09.17.2012 , 05:04 PM | #7
8hr Maintenance during Oceanic Prime Time with no benefits to Oceanic players.

Real.

stephenalandavie
09.17.2012 , 06:00 PM | #8
Maybe its time for you "oceanic" players to take the hint NOBODY CARES!!

elitenz
09.17.2012 , 09:24 PM | #9
I am just wondering have they ever done anything correct NO it's just how they are and us Oceanic players just have to get used to it we are nothing to them they didn't even have the collectors edition for sale in New Zealand.

Tom_the_Narwhal
09.17.2012 , 11:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Maybe its time for you "oceanic" players to take the hint NOBODY CARES!!
Aren't you a wonderful addition to the swtor community, keep the happy spirit alive bro.
Tomthenarwhal
Fioria Fanta-Pants
Gm of <Legit>