Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone still here from the prelaunch days?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Anyone still here from the prelaunch days?

Earthmama
09.10.2012 , 01:53 PM | #51
Also been here from the start, took part in the last 2 beta stress tests, pre-launch, and have been playing steady ever since. Take week long breaks here and there, but have not unsubbed yet, in fact I'm going out this evening to grab another game card. Same with my husband. We did pick up GW2 to see what all the fuss was about, and personally I like both games, and fully intend to play both, so long as I keep enjoying them, I do not plan on leaving any time soon.

fcksjdf
09.10.2012 , 03:47 PM | #52
Yeah i love this game.

Jtrop
09.10.2012 , 03:56 PM | #53
Pre-ordered September 2011. but they were out of codes.
Jka Quotes-- " is it just me or are rodians kind of creepy" Mercenary
" and Jan punches the weeqway right in the" Kyle katarn 9/3/12

Mancer
09.10.2012 , 03:59 PM | #54
Yup, still loven it.
I achieved the ultimate level of SWTOR endgame: Forum ranting & trolling!

Yogol
09.10.2012 , 09:55 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
I'm just curious who is still here from the pre-launch days... I haven't visited these forums in forever and just recently canceled my TOR subscription. So before it expires I'm just curious if there are any veterans left.
I'm still here.

Don't ask me why, though.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Yogol
09.10.2012 , 09:58 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by fubari View Post
Just a hunch............. but

So does EA and Bioware.
Not to mention Lucas Arts... they are sitting on the best license in humanhistory and they gambled on the wrong company to make a MMO out of it.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Nevullis
09.11.2012 , 01:38 AM | #57
I've been out for about 9 months now, but i was part of the thanksgiving stress test and pre order.... i miss the game and i'm coming back for a month to test it out before it goes F2P.

I had too much hope for this game to not give it a second chance.

KingsRanger
09.11.2012 , 02:12 AM | #58
I played on a test weekend and pre-ordered.

That was back when the Smuggler had his ship on the first planet... :'(

The_Brick
09.11.2012 , 02:25 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Nevullis View Post
I had too much hope for this game to not give it a second chance.
I think that was a lot of peoples' problem was that they got their hopes set too high and they simply wanted a different game than what swtor is. The ones that flabbergast me is the ones who I know were in beta with me and then complained that they thought they were buying something else. I mean, yeah, there were a lot of changes that happened in beta, but nothing completely game altering. I actually know someone who I played in beta with who later complained that he was "deceived" because he thought it was going to be SWG 2.0... And granted, in the beginning it lacked a lot of polish and it did seem to take a while to get things fixed. But in Bioware's defense, this is their first MMO. Yeah, they hired a lot of Mythic staff, but dev heads for the most part were still new to MMO's.

Another one of my favorites was a guild mate who unsubbed because there was "too much story"... because for three years we didn't hear that SWTOR would have story from the devs at every announcement...

morfius
09.11.2012 , 06:21 AM | #60
Hi,
Beta stress test, early access, 2 accounts and still playing with my wife.
It is fun if you take it easy, as game/entertainment... what exactly it is
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."