Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So many knockbacks in every Flashpoint!


Snoizer's Avatar


Snoizer
09.06.2012 , 05:37 PM | #1
Maybe I am the only one that have thought of this, and maybe I am gonna appear like cry baby now. But I just have to bring it up.

It feels, like every single silver mob (or higher) in every single Flashpoint (almost) has a knock back abillity. For me as a sentinel this is extremly anoying due to the fact that my leap and the abillity to start my rotation as quickly as possible is a big part of the playstule of a sent. I just jumps in, get knocked away right away (and often slowed) and has to run in and start my rotation.

This isn't a complaining thread about the knock back abillity itself, its not suppose to be super easy and pain free all the time. What this thread is about the fact that it feels like EVERY SINGLE mob has it...

I just want to know if anyone else has noticed this, and the reason why BioWare has such a poor imagination when they created the flash points.

Cheers!

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
09.06.2012 , 06:07 PM | #2
Honestly (and please don't take this the wrong way) wait until the tank has started the pull/attacked that mob. Most mobs with a knockback use it as soon as someone attacks it at melee range/leaps to it. You wait for the tank to eat it and you're golden until it comes of CD.

This is the kind of thing tanks should be complaining about because it causes aggro issues, not DPS.

Snoizer's Avatar


Snoizer
09.06.2012 , 06:46 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Honestly (and please don't take this the wrong way) wait until the tank has started the pull/attacked that mob. Most mobs with a knockback use it as soon as someone attacks it at melee range/leaps to it. You wait for the tank to eat it and you're golden until it comes of CD..
Yea you'r probably right. It's just that the HM FPs are so incredibly easy when you have full rakata/bh gear that it's not even slightly hard to jump in, take out a couple of standards/silvers and then stealth away letting the tank take over. It's so easy as a sent to do just that thing so it's hard to keep my fingers away, and I am not even close to dieng so it's not like I make it harder for the healers. I have never got any complains about it atleast.

Well, maybe I should start doing that. Get rid of a bad habbit. HOWEVER, I still think to many mobs have the knock back abillity, and that is what this thread is about primarily.

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
09.06.2012 , 07:29 PM | #4
Regardless, tanks should be eating those because they have the tools to work around it or flat out immunity.

-Guardian (Hybrid/Vig spec) are the best ones to launch into those mobs because Unremitting stops them getting blasted.
-Vanguard and Shadow both have 10m range abilities to they don't lose too much getting back into range. Both also have pulls.
-Shadows also stealth in and usually have Force Speed up for the knockback.

That said, it sucks for a pure Defence Guardian. Standard opener of Leap -> KB -> lose aggro. They can run in -> KB -> Leap and get by though.

While I agree that an excessive number of mobs have KB, a Sentinel complaining about it is the same as a healer complaining that the boss has too much HP. Anyway, you should be killing weak -> strong, not leaping straight onto the strong mob. Be a good DPS and you won't have to worry about it. World trash is a different matter, but I find they have more stuns than KB.

RandomXChance's Avatar


RandomXChance
09.06.2012 , 07:59 PM | #5
As a Jugg tank I so know what you are talking about. Some flashpoints (yes, False Emporer, I am looking at you) are crazy with the knockbacks. On the other hand, almost every character class has at least one KB, so fair is fair I guess.

Voranis's Avatar


Voranis
09.07.2012 , 02:36 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RandomXChance View Post
As a Jugg tank I so know what you are talking about. Some flashpoints (yes, False Emporer, I am looking at you) are crazy with the knockbacks. On the other hand, almost every character class has at least one KB, so fair is fair I guess.
Not when the NPC's are given magical immunity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
One man's fate decided by another man's wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Voranis Cometchaser-Master Bounty Hunter/Creature Handler-Bloodfin

Snoizer's Avatar


Snoizer
09.07.2012 , 03:54 AM | #7
Sentinels have not a single knockback

vojinsa's Avatar


vojinsa
09.07.2012 , 05:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post

While I agree that an excessive number of mobs have KB, a Sentinel complaining about it is the same as a healer complaining that the boss has too much HP. Anyway, you should be killing weak -> strong, not leaping straight onto the strong mob. Be a good DPS and you won't have to worry about it. World trash is a different matter, but I find they have more stuns than KB.

i will have your babies. i love when gold/silver mobs KB jump happy sent/mara because i just force grip or harpoon them and watch the slowed dps run back ignoring all the weak mobs on the way. i do it every chance and either they learn weak -> strong or i run around with silver/gold mob chasing me while i round up the weak mobs they should be killing.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
09.07.2012 , 07:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
World trash is a different matter, but I find they have more stuns than KB.
There is a Imperial daily on Ilum that is an absolute nightmare for leaping classes without cc immunity talent. The one with the signal towers. My marauder leaps in and gets knocked back twice before he gets up.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Snoizer's Avatar


Snoizer
09.07.2012 , 08:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by vojinsa View Post
i will have your babies. i love when gold/silver mobs KB jump happy sent/mara because i just force grip or harpoon them and watch the slowed dps run back ignoring all the weak mobs on the way. i do it every chance and either they learn weak -> strong or i run around with silver/gold mob chasing me while i round up the weak mobs they should be killing.
Hmm, I always go for the weak mobs first but is still anoying. In some cases there is only silver/gold mobs in the group and when there is weak mobs you could still be be inside of the radius of the big guy when he/it uses the KB.

HOWEVER, for the third time, this thread is about the fact that KB is used to much in FPs and that is sign of poor imagination from the devs, not a "you'r a bad dps"-thread.