Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Fan Favorite Reward is “The Party Jawa”
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

vandana_
09.07.2012 , 07:09 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Asharic View Post
I wrote three separate replies, each laden with profanity as I tried to articulate myself without losing control while still getting the veritable litany of failures BW/EA had committed when it occurred to me, "What's the point? They won't listen, this is what the kiddies voted for, so we're stuck with this nonsense."

This is much larger than some stupid, useless Jawa with balloons, it's symptomatic of a larger problem that has been addressed ad nauseum but to go on would only encourage the trolls.

Bring on the Pandas.
it's hard to react to "exciting" news like this without using profanity. I agree.
V'ox

iJediHunter
09.07.2012 , 07:29 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
Meh... I really wanted my own personal carbon freezer . We already have 2 Party initiator's...
I wanted the Dark side throne thing.

xorcist
09.07.2012 , 07:40 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that “The Party Jawa” has won our Fan Favorite voting contest. Over the past month, our Facebook Fans have had the opportunity to choose a favorite item to receive as a reward when Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ launches its new Free-to-Play option this Fall. Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority! The Party Jawa celebrates a player’s status as a veteran of the galaxy with a unique and fun animation. The Party Jawa will be rewarded to current or previous subscribers as of August 1 and who are active subscribers when the Free-to-Play option launches.

Read More
I voted for the carbonite thing... Party Jawa?! really?!
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Aquanatah
09.07.2012 , 08:21 PM | #34
Dang, I was really hoping that the carbonizer unit was going to make the cut.

Would have been awesome in-casing myself in a block of carbonite whenever I needed to make a joke or something goes horribly wrong in a pull.
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice."

Gwena
09.07.2012 , 08:36 PM | #35
I just had a terrible thought . . . if these work anything like the galactic party bomb (or, whatever that thing is that forces characters in the area to dance), I am avoiding the fleet like the plague! Ok, technically like something worse than the plague, since having my characters randomly breaking into a ridiculous dance would be even worse than having them retching and feeling ill and periodically exploding in a painful ball of oozy green death.

Well, it is nice to get a freebie, at least; it will surely be cute. And I usually park my 50's on Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa anyway.
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Eillack
09.07.2012 , 09:27 PM | #36
I wonder how much lag these will cause. This'll probably make me laugh in-game, but yeah.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Ilhares
09.07.2012 , 09:44 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by iJediHunter View Post
I wanted the Dark side throne thing.
I'm one of the people who voted. At the time I submitted by vote there were but 3 options.

1. Rancor hologram.
2. Carbonite sculpture
3. Party Jawa

Now see, I'm willing to take the heat for my choice. I voted for the Jawa. Why? Because another usless hologram did not impress me, not one bit. Maybe I mis-read the carobite thing, but I didn't see anything suggesting I could turn myself into a block of carbonite, it appeared to be another junk item that might get stuck in my ship or something. That didn't impress me either.

Now, is a jawa impressive? Again, no, but the thought of a dancing, partying jawa did amuse me enough to get my vote.

Frankly, I wish the throne would have been an option, because it would be much more suitable to a Lord of the Sith to have a nice chair to kick back in, but it was never listed as a voting option for me. It was only one of the three things put in display to showcase the coming "Cartel Currency" items you may be able to acquire.

Spikevamp
09.07.2012 , 10:04 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Cmdluke View Post
I am not surprised at all that the party jawa won, although I would have much rather gotten the throne or the carbonite. those are much more interesting to me. we already have a rhythmic augmentation droid. do we really need a party jawa too? Give us something to decorate our ships with instead of a random jawa-in-a-box.

EDIT: I also vote no to playing a jawa. that is just silly.

The Throne was not a choice for the facebook thing. It was a choice of 3 - A Holo Rancor Statue, Carbonite thing and the Party Jawa
CE Pre Order 07/23/2011

Yogol
09.07.2012 , 10:49 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Although it was hard to pick a favorite, The Party Jawa won by an overwhelming majority!
Euh...

Those two statements seems to be a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit conflicting, no?
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Yogol
09.07.2012 , 10:53 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by vandana_ View Post
it's hard to react to "exciting" news like this without using profanity. I agree.
Good to know I am not the only one who thinks that there is more important stuff to do. Stuff like this is nice to add when things are going well. But with the current state of the game, adding fluffy stuff like this is just a way of saying ''instead of fixing your problems, people, we made this priti dancing Jawa''.

/deep deep sigh.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.