Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mature rated Star Wars.

Eillack
09.06.2012 , 12:02 PM | #11
To sum it up: NO.

Star Wars is mainly a family / T-Rated franchise. Originally Star Wars 1313 was not going to be M, but it was pushed to raise the rating. Star Wars should not continue with M games in my opinion, just look at Republic Commando and how it was able to get the "blood and guts" and stay T. Games like that should appear more often. Something is telling me that if Star Wars makes more M rated games, we'll have a GTA re-skin on our hands. We know that part of the Star Wars universe exists, but there is no need to dive into it really.

grandmthethird
09.06.2012 , 12:25 PM | #12
the day i can't watch star wars with my kids will be a very dark day indeed
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Slugamaniac
09.06.2012 , 03:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by grandmthethird View Post
the day i can't watch star wars with my kids will be a very dark day indeed
My 6 year old nephew is not allow to watch Revenge of the Sith. And it's not because of the poor dialogue.
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

BlazingShadow
09.06.2012 , 04:24 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I think your taking her point to an extreme here, at no point was it said that star wars should have more 'excessive gore and sexual content'. Harry Potter is a good example of this, it takes a darker route but not a violent and sexual one, and it lends itself to the franchise, catering for a wider audience. You say Star Wars is supposed to cater for everyone, not just the 10pm crowd - but for many, SCW is just catering for kids, which isn't fair for everyone. Star Wars would benefit from exploring more mature areas because the Star Wars universe is so diverse, it can't just be limited to one genre.

Look at Star Wars 1313, its exploring a mature genre, but is by no means excessively gorey and sexual. Its about the underworld and corruption, not the heroic adventures and overcoming evil (not everyone wants to play The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes) There more to star wars than just the classic hero. Neither are the darker moments in ROTS - its the dark side for god sake, they kill innocents, not offer people cookies.
Wait a minute, yoy want Star Wars to turn into The later harry potter books? HELL no, that's the exact reason we should avoid messing with the formula. Last time we tried a more mature star wars theme we got childmurderer anakin. What other characters need to be ruined, srsly?

Aurbere
09.06.2012 , 04:35 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
Wait a minute, yoy want Star Wars to turn into The later harry potter books? HELL no, that's the exact reason we should avoid messing with the formula. Last time we tried a more mature star wars theme we got childmurderer anakin. What other characters need to be ruined, srsly?
So did you expect Vader to be a non child murderer. That scene(wrong as it may seem) showed how deeply Anakin was willing to fall. It captured the corruption of the Dark Side perfectly. The Dark Side can turn even the most revered Jedi into someone they would never think they could become. It makes you do things that you would normally condemn. That's what that scene showed.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BrandonSM
09.06.2012 , 04:52 PM | #16
Unfortunately, some of you may disagree.

But there are in fact more child fans than Adults. The Adults are just more vocal.

Anyway, TCW's darker tales are pretty well-done and imo are probably as far as its gonna get unfortunately.

The Neutral, independent factioned books and comics are more mature because their more realistic than good vs bad. And they have crime, slaves, etc.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2012 , 05:26 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
So did you expect Vader to be a non child murderer. That scene(wrong as it may seem) showed how deeply Anakin was willing to fall. It captured the corruption of the Dark Side perfectly. The Dark Side can turn even the most revered Jedi into someone they would never think they could become. It makes you do things that you would normally condemn. That's what that scene showed.
Best part, they showed it without actually showing it. So they were able to stay in the realm of the PG-PG-13 area, yet were able to give out a dark scene. Only thing I hate now though, is people saying "oh how is Anakin so good, when he just killed a bunch of kids?" it annoys me to no end.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
09.06.2012 , 06:02 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Best part, they showed it without actually showing it. So they were able to stay in the realm of the PG-PG-13 area, yet were able to give out a dark scene. Only thing I hate now though, is people saying "oh how is Anakin so good, when he just killed a bunch of kids?" it annoys me to no end.
I think that the way they portrayed that scene is the best way to portray a gruesome scene while keeping it PG-13. It implied something Dark was going to happen, but didn't show it happening. That leaves the imagination of the viewers to imagine what happens. Say what you want about the PT, but scenes like that and the Order 66 scene are scenes to remember.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BlazingShadow
09.06.2012 , 09:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
No, my problem isn't that they killed kids, it's that they could not be bothered to explain the depth of his fall in any other way than "Oh, he kills babies and stomps puppies"

The transition from Whaaanakin to vader was so sudden and rushed, it was embarrassung. That is why Star Wars should not and frankly cannot tackle more adult themes- they are not able to handle it responsibly.

Aurbere
09.06.2012 , 09:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
No, my problem isn't that they killed kids, it's that they could not be bothered to explain the depth of his fall in any other way than "Oh, he kills babies and stomps puppies"

The transition from Whaaanakin to vader was so sudden and rushed, it was embarrassung. That is why Star Wars should not and frankly cannot tackle more adult themes- they are not able to handle it responsibly.
Actually, the fall was a very long process, starting from when Anakin first arrived to Coruscant. The events of the prequels was being planned out for several years before TPM. It may seem sudden, but that was everything Palpatine had done come to a head.