Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More quickbar slots

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vegabond
09.06.2012 , 04:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by mourasantos View Post
Oh great. More visual clutter. That should make casuals flock to this game like in droves.
Smart move, Bioware. What's next on the agenda, dual-spec?
You have the choice to put more hotbars

chuixupu
09.06.2012 , 04:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mourasantos View Post
Oh great. More visual clutter. That should make casuals flock to this game like in droves.
Smart move, Bioware. What's next on the agenda, dual-spec?
Not sure if serious
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Hessen
09.06.2012 , 04:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I talked to Damion Schubert and asked him this question, and he let me know that additional quickslots are in the works and are slated to make it in before the end of the year. I don't have a more specific timeline, but it's something that we do have plans for!
Thankyou for the update
Twisted
EU - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
16m Raiding Guild - Recruiting

Evensong
09.06.2012 , 05:44 PM | #15
Great news My operative will be happy
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

MichaelLatta
09.06.2012 , 06:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I talked to Damion Schubert and asked him this question, and he let me know that additional quickslots are in the works and are slated to make it in before the end of the year. I don't have a more specific timeline, but it's something that we do have plans for!
While more quickbars is fine, I would like quickbars that can have more than 12 slots. I use a nostronomo that has 3 rows of 5 keys. 15 slots per bar would fit my use better. I currently map my combat bars as rows of 5, leaving only 2 in the last row.

Cymate
09.06.2012 , 06:34 PM | #17
In a universe far far away, the that coded the mod able UI is also the main tek asset they have to try to optimize the XP hero game engine. That's probable at least
In this age of jQuery users and 'package wizards' the standard answer of '2 weeks' is now '9 month to optimize this weird mess'. Yeah good luck btw...

So I'd say that for the slots they have no idea where or what to modify, or it's an internal problem, like plans and authorities, egos, stuff like that.

Recipe: (1 programmer, 2 days)
Slice thinly the 2 days in really requested improvements, add some vision, serve, watch your cust. numbers grow.
Tech note: the suggestion box aka Garbage Compactor is full of fun stuff that requires 2 hours or less for a Senior Programmer.

Yes the key is: Requested, as in make the kids smile, happy happy.

For once I would like to read in a patch note: and, as requested by the players, 'more slots' or whatever

And not: In patch 2.5 you may now buy PVP heat seaking orbital strikes from The Store, or, well, we had 3200 QQ threads about Resolve, let's give something else, different than anything requested (which is a Galactic Scale Prowess btw).

Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2012 , 06:44 PM | #18
Why does everyone seem to want to use all their abilities these days??....Perhaps I missed something, but you don't have to use all of them.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Yogol
09.06.2012 , 07:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Why does everyone seem to want to use all their abilities these days??....Perhaps I missed something, but you don't have to use all of them.
No, you don't use all of them. But I like having a lot of action bars, because I like having my rotation on one bar including two or three times the same skill. It's alot more effective to fire off F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8 than it is to do F1 F2 F3 F1 F4 F2 F1 F5 F6 or so.

And I usually set up seperate rotations for boss fights and trash fights.

That makes for alot of bars
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

mourasantos
09.06.2012 , 07:18 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Not sure if serious
dead serious. Why would I not be?